Can we PLEASE have a way to turn down the flashy visuals?!

gem.9038

1 hour ago, aikatara.3462 said:

But Anet listen sometimes. I just found out that you can disable the visual effects of Aurora and Co since November. This motivates me actually work on them :).

Only your own, other players can continue to shove that garbage in your face without your consent.

• Like 2

I literally can't see anything, ever. This game has zero visual clarity and it's why it failed as an esport.

Why does pressing shroud5 on scourge make TWO aoe circles around me that look EXACTLY like boss AOE's? Hello...?

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Nightgunner.2896 said:

In what world do you need to consent for other people to wear clothes in public?

It is game not the real life. Also cloth it is bad comparison. Placing 200w light bulb in your eyes without your consent is more like it.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Kaineng Overlook today, squad has huge amount of combo fields of different types. During Mech Rider fight that amount of combo fields ( not combo field rings, skill effects themself ) simply did overwrite all boss' markers to the point where it wasn't even visible.

At same time, skill effects glitter made it impossible to notice Jade Cannon preparation animation. With jade Mech size, glitter becomes stronger.

1 - just unfair that skill effects glitter does that.

2 - such massive glitter simply unnecessary.

3 - active cosmetics from legendary items and infusions of other players makes it even harder ( certainly not interested in fashion when there is boss fight on hands ).

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Aeon.4583 said:

Kaineng Overlook today, squad has huge amount of combo fields of different types. During Mech Rider fight that amount of combo fields ( not combo field rings, skill effects themself ) simply did overwrite all boss' markers to the point where it wasn't even visible.

At same time, skill effects glitter made it impossible to notice Jade Cannon preparation animation. With jade Mech size, glitter becomes stronger.

1 - just unfair that skill effects glitter does that.

2 - such massive glitter simply unnecessary.

3 - active cosmetics from legendary items and infusions of other players makes it even harder ( certainly not interested in fashion when there is boss fight on hands ).

Had a similar experience last night in same strike so much effect, item and non-important visual crap could not determine the mechanics at all outside of roman numerals over the head.

Just standardize on the mechanics, boss mechanics always over whatever else is on the ground.  Make bad stuff red, good stuff green (include colorblind options) and some sort of UI setting to turn off florivorous garbage.  MMO 101

Edited by Eliam.3716
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 5:40 AM, Kichwas.7152 said:

Even out of combat - it's a challenge to try and get a screenshot of your own character because the Jade Mech always wants to stand in front of you.

on my mech if i am in town or knowing i am not going to in any big fights i stow the mech. sugar on top is dropping the mech during a fight is extra cc and damage