Condi or power Virtuoso?

Twilightmage.8309

I personally like the Condition Virtuoso more since you get more stock blades and can use your Bladesongs more often. I could see an argument that Power Virtuoso is more tanky due to be able to take the aegis generation trait over the Condition one.

Try both on the golem and see what you like.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Twilightmage.8309 said:

I'm a noob so I'm just curious which is better for a general use 1 build in everything type of play style. I can barely feel a damage difference on a golem but i have noticed sustaining myself is a lot harder on this class in general than renegade.

For any specific game modes or for all game modes?

This is a selfish/glass cannon/pure DPS type of eSpec that players have had issues finding solid builds for PvP and WvW thus far.  That comes back to your comment about it's sustain, as well as it's toolset (oh, and a little thing called reflect).

In 5 and 10 man instanced content, it can be totally fine, and I think the flavor right now is a Condi build.  In OW, Condi or Power is likely fine, and you can typically get to 10k DPS self buffed while taking some sustain traits or gear to keep yourself alive.

Personally I have been enjoying the Condi variants to good success in Fractals and OW, although I haven't settled on a single build yet.  If you do go Condi, gear towards 70% Crit (Improved Fury makes up the other 30%) and juggle the rest of the stats until you find a happy medium.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I personally like the Condition Virtuoso more since you get more stock blades and can use your Bladesongs more often. I could see an argument that Power Virtuoso is more tanky due to be able to take the aegis generation trait over the Condition one.

Try both on the golem and see what you like.

You can do the same with power Virtuoso, just take Bloodsong trait. 

You just need to apply bleed to stock blades, not have it deal damage or be long duration like on condi builds.

So, Bloodsong works just as well on Power builds, i know cause i use a power build with Bloodsong trait.

5 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You can do the same with power Virtuoso, just take Bloodsong trait. it.

Yeah i agree, @Twilightmage.8309 i mean bring a power build then try both sets of traits.

Then go out and try it during a meta even and see how it feels, personally would go to any HoT meta since there is normally more dodging involved.

Edited by Mell.4873

I find the condi build really overrated in Open World, the healing from bloodsong isn't anything to write home about and power kills faster so you are more likely to stay alive. Power builds can also take traits to provide itself with more boons so will do more damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1