So about the sustain nerf?

Rekhaa.2748

Just now, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

instead of accusing me of being rude, you should warn everyone not to lie. and people still looking for 'his' proof, not an excuse. btw your video is also outdated, it's not even a thief.

Like I said, it's a boss that can't fight back from range.  No class needs tanky stats to handle it.  You can literally just take any ranged weapon and win automatically.  You're just making yourself look foolish at this point doubting that a thief is capable of beating this fight in glass gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Is legendary or champion bounties still soloable without the torment runes?

I'm thinking of a Trailblazer WB for Solo bounties, do you guys think it works or shouldn't bother?

Sorry, WB = willbender, right?  Willbender doesn't rely on torment, so torment runes wouldn't have helped it.  I believe willbender can stack as much burning as firebrand, though, so Trailblazer or Celestial should be good options for boss solos.  It also has high mobility and you can take scepter for a ranged option, so even better.

22 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

You're just making yourself look foolish at this point doubting that a thief is capable of beating this fight in glass gear.

let me remind you something. 'zerker daredevil using a raid build and found it really easy. Even soloing HoT HPs.' this is that person's word, not mine. lol, and yet someone calls me rude. and seriously you sure speak a lot for some who don't want to 'harping on about this.

Edited by SOLITWOLF.7514
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

let me remind you something. 'zerker daredevil using a raid build and found it really easy. Even soloing HoT HPs.' this is that person's word, not mine. lol, and yet someone calls me rude. and seriously you sure speak a lot for some who don't want to 'harping on about this.

no. I reliesed what I had wrote and in the wrong order and reiterated later on I ment the game with zerker thief as in story / small events. 

I ment the HPs as in source I was able to do them with all proffessions. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:34 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

don't rly video record myself doing content. 

You telling me a zerker thief can't do this games entire story content? If we wanna discuss soloing world bosses and nonn- solo content challanges sure dynamics drastically change. 

But these aren't built as solo encounters. And if they weren't built as solo encounters the fact they are soloable means content is too easy of proffessions are too power crept. 

Sure some people liked it, from that is how it is in black and white balancing realistically. Some proffessions were largely capable of what others could not there was a disparity

Here's where I reiterated for you. 

@SOLITWOLF.7514

I simply structured the statement badly, however thief still does have builds it could do HOT HPs in realistically. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

instead of accusing me of being rude, you should warn everyone not to lie. and people still looking for 'his' proof, not an excuse. btw your video is also outdated, it's not even a thief.

Imma have to say - given ele was not nerfed at all in EoD launch it's very not outdated. 

It the realms haven't changed and the same builds still are the top. It won't be outdated 😂 it only becomes outdated when something's changed regarding the build. 

It's fine to call thieves video outdated as pre nerf and post nerf realms have changed. 

But the elementalist one is fine for representation of what you can still do with elementalist. 

Zerker thief even in raid build still has access to so much evasion, 3 dodges, very fast moving, and given it lacks usuage of weapon swap can be equipt with dual pistol for kiting purposes. 

I'm afraid the trait even if it was fine was very unlikely going to be fine in the realms of spectre. And as spectre exists in the thief core has to also be balanced surrounding it's existence. 

I've said it 100 times, the elite system is heavily flawed in this aspect espically in cases like this. And this was why I was always 100% against thief getting a healing elite.

However players during the run up towards EoDs knowledge screeched for one and players downvoted me to hell for opposing it. I just deleted my thief and moved on. I didn't choose thief to heal. So I don't like the fact spectre exists for that reason. 

However there isn't much doubt to how good this trait would have been when meshed with spectre. 

Elite system is the problem 

- you threw healing at thief and every specc of it paid. 

- you through mobility and attempted front loaded DMG with guardian guess what. It turned out terrible. 

- tried to take clones off mesmer. And it's even worse 😂

- give elementalist melee based speccs, sustain becomes a huge issue in raid bosses 

- push a melee set onto revenant back to square one and it feels bad being restricted to melee. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2022 at 9:09 AM, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

so, you don't have any proof? you shouldn't say something that you can't prove, man. someone might call you a liar.

Right because someone is going to put hours of their time recording videos redoing content they already did  just to prove something to some rando on the internet that they're not a liar.

Are you going to offer any compensation if you get proven wrong?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Right because someone is going to put hours of their time recording videos redoing content they already did  just to prove something to some rando on the internet that they're not a liar.

Are you going to offer any compensation if you get proven wrong?

Well, it was more like a minute of my time, but at least now nobody can accuse me of being out of date! 🙂 

I also did some playing around on that chak lobber with a naked thief and two pistols.  That fight takes several minutes to complete (well, if all the gear you're wearing is two pistols anyway!) and any hit will kill you with baseline health.  But one thing I noted is that the jade bot core vitality buff actually makes a big difference here! 

Obviously, I'm not going to finish that fight if I'm taking many hits.  But the difference between requiring two hits to get killed vs. only one is pretty huge.  I think it also made this Balthazar solo a bit more comfortable as well.  So, yay EoD for glass specs in open world I guess?

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

That's not hard to do? Duel pistols or daredevil staff will let you solo most HoT. 

My personal favourite is Chronomancer. 

Video or it didn't happen.  Liar. 🤣

I also require a video of you killing pocket raptors.  People like to talk about how easy they are, but I for one don't believe them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I also require a video of you killing pocket raptors.  People like to talk about how easy they are, but I for one don't believe them.

I think most of us here actively play Gw2 currently. Do we have to post a video, or does that make us liars? 😆

• Confused 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:01 PM, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Is legendary or champion bounties still soloable without the torment runes?

sure, torment runes is not magic bullet but only an option for Specs that rely on torment )

Edited by taara.3217
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Do we have to post a video, or does that make us liars?

Why not? It depends on context and make sence if you tell something categorical and casting doubt (say, only for example, "Ha, I can kill it in 30sec being in full berserker gear") and no any confirmed data source.

Edited by taara.3217

3 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

Why not? It depends on context and make sence if you tell something categorical and casting doubt (say, only for example, "Ha, I can kill it in 30sec being in full berserker gear") and no any confirmed data source.

Not everyone has good internet or computers, or just the time to entertain such nonsense.

I mean yea, if someone actually said something like that. There's a huge difference between that and merely saying you beat a boss or the game.

There's also a huge difference from saying "I don't believe your ancedote", and "you're a liar" The later of which requires proof, and throwing that around is quite a bit of hypocrisy when it comes to unsubstantiated claims.

Furthermore, someone here has also been nitpicking at stuff even when it does get posted, and that just wastes even more people's time.

In short, why would I make a video when:

1.) They could just nitpick at it endlessly, and force me to provide further evidence.

2.) They just need to write 3 lines, of basically no effort, to be a "winner" lol.

It's not a reasonable demand at all.

Unless of course people put their money where their mouth is. Offer say, 50 gold, to the first person that produces a valid video. But of course, there's a good chance people would try to renege, so again, a waste of time except for memes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't need to prove anything, I will just solo things all by myself with my phantasmal defender tanking all the damage. 

I mean most living world story content has the same difficulty, you saying to me you have to bring friends into you living world story instances? Most of those achievements are easy to get solo. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Not everyone has good internet or computers, or just the time to entertain such nonsense.

I mean yea, if someone actually said something like that. There's a huge difference between that and merely saying you beat a boss or the game.

There's also a huge difference from saying "I don't believe your ancedote", and "you're a liar" The later of which requires proof, and throwing that around is quite a bit of hypocrisy when it comes to unsubstantiated claims.

Furthermore, someone here has also been nitpicking at stuff even when it does get posted, and that just wastes even more people's time.

In short, why would I make a video when:

1.) They could just nitpick at it endlessly, and force me to provide further evidence.

2.) They just need to write 3 lines, of basically no effort, to be a "winner" lol.

It's not a reasonable demand at all.

Unless of course people put their money where their mouth is. Offer say, 50 gold, to the first person that produces a valid video. But of course, there's a good chance people would try to renege, so again, a waste of time except for memes.

In this case I agree with you, thanks.

51 minutes ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

You don't need sustain if you don't get hit in the first place.

https://youtu.be/E6IN2inFGd0

https://youtu.be/Ta4WMiRKUho

That CM solo is great! Love it!

Edit: I don't normally comment on hurr durr confused emoji, but gotta love "confused" on a post that is pure love.  Haters gonna hate! 🤣

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

That CM solo is great! Love it!

Edit: I don't normally comment on hurr durr confused emoji, but gotta love "confused" on a post that is pure love.  Haters gonna hate! 🤣

Sesshi's channel is amazing, they've soloed pretty much anything on engi. The first video I watched was the Migrane solo on core engi, and I realised that I'll never be good at this game 😅

• Like 1