Given the Untamed's player reception, can we get some feedback from Anet?

Androuil.1963

On 4/5/2022 at 12:02 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

but I do disagree about dagger not being impactful, as you can stack a ton of quickness.

You're replying to a guy that thought I was talking about wvw in general and not zerging specifically, where the dagger is 100 % useless.

If only people could actually READ what is is being said on this forum.

As for the topic. I don't think anet will make any comment on untamed. They never make statements on what they want ranger to do, they only comment on singular skills that are overperforming.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

You're replying to a guy that thought I was talking about wvw in general and not zerging specifically, where the dagger is 100 % useless.

If only people could actually READ what is is being said on this forum.

As for the topic. I don't think anet will make any comment on untamed. They never make statements on what they want ranger to do, they only comment on singular skills that are overperforming.

You also went back and edited a few of your posts to include clarification on zerging, so it's hard to find the context of what is going on right now.  Your original contribution was pretty confusing and just listed 'soulbeast doesn't bring an impactful new weapon and must rely on GS' and not stating anything about zerging at all. 

That's where the dagger discussion came from, as dagger is pretty impactful in small scale due to aformentioned quickness generation.  As WvW is more than zerging, and actual zerging (big 20-30 blobs hitting) has no place for ranger at all no matter what configuration.  

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You also went back and edited a few of your posts to include clarification on zerging, so it's hard to find the context of what is going on right now.  Your original contribution was pretty confusing and just listed 'soulbeast doesn't bring an impactful new weapon and must rely on GS' and not stating anything about zerging at all. 

Not really, the context is in comment to the guy I was replying to in the first place, basically coining Soulbeast as the "WvW zerg spec" for ranger. To which I said all three elite specs have brought something to the table, but none of them delivers a complete package.

Like you said, edited for clarity because people clearly don't bother to catch the context of the conversation.

I know where the dagger conversation comes from. It has it uses, as underwhelming as it is. And for that matter, there is room for a ranger in a 20 man group. But it's not a pug class to join in on whenever.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:57 PM, Redfeather.6401 said:

One or more people at arenanet were inspired by a goofy looking, goofy named build that won matches back in guild wars 1. That's it. That's the only reason this elite got green-lit.

If ranger was to get a crowd control build with pet/ranger synergies it could have been done so much better if the goofy need to meme a meme just didn't exist.

And I just don't get it really. Why take anything from guild wars 1 as inspiration. Guild wars 2 exists to be a testament that guild wars 1 did EVERYTHING wrong mechanically and that's why gw2 does it all completely differently. Nothing in gw1 carried over unless it was superficial. It's all kind dumb to see these memes create elites.

No it exists because they wanted to take us into verticality and guild wars 1 could not make that leap. Fundamentally its pvp was better and I'd wager its PvE instanced content was better too. At least there we didn't have the laughable balance and design  decisions that this incarnation of a botched sequel has. 

Sure bunny thumper was a meme, but it did have its place. As did almost every build; It was a PvP game first and a PvE wow Clone second. This game would much rather focus on copying wow than doing anything close to what its predecessor did. Thats why so few who played guild wars 1 made the jump and stuck with this game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 3/23/2022 at 1:57 PM, Redfeather.6401 said:

And I just don't get it really. Why take anything from guild wars 1 as inspiration. Guild wars 2 exists to be a testament that guild wars 1 did EVERYTHING wrong mechanically and that's why gw2 does it all completely differently. Nothing in gw1 carried over unless it was superficial. It's all kind dumb to see these memes create elites.

Why not take inspiration from GW1? Plenty of combat/balancing that GW1 did way better than GW2 does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

as someone wrote the arena listens to no one.

definitely not the players

and I am asking you finish writing that untamed is good at open world.

each class is good for the open world.

Unfortunately, we are in a situation in which our eod spec is the only one that is so weak. it's hard.