Renegade short bow: The Dreeamer or Chuka and Champawat?

Buran.3796

I'm ending my second legendary armor set and aside from making the third one (already have most of the tokens) I'm planning what legendary weapon should I do the next. Since both mace and hammer seems "not that great for Rev" at the moment (taking PvP/WvW in consideration), and I have the other ones from this preofession I was thinking about crafting a legendary shortbow. But I'm conflicted about going with The Dreamer or with Chuka & Champawat: usually I'm not fan of "joke legendaries" but I like the sound effects of The Dreamer more than the muded roars from C&C; not fan of neither of the skins to be honest. On the other side, The Dreamer seems a bit more cheap and way less PIAS to obtain (Bolt or The Shinning Blade were both easy, but Astralatia had some achievements really hard to get, IMO).

So what are your preferences about those two, and why? Gets one or another boring over time?  Thanx in advance.

Why not wait and see if one of the new short bows appeals to you?  There’s going to be a version for every elder dragon and you might enjoy one of those more 

I have Chuka, but honestly don’t love the projectiles, so I’ll probably make the new Zhaitan or Kralkatorrik variant when it comes out for the gen 3 shortbow. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think the gen 2 legendaries require any achievements anymore. I might be mistaken but I got the shining blade and apart from HoT map completion and a ton of Mithril/elderwood it was pretty straight forward. 

That being said, don’t count out Rev hammer. It’s great for WvW, but also there will be some balance changes coming in June and I wouldn’t be surprised if hammer gets some love, cause it literally does only get used in WvW zergs. (Maybe some open world zerging too idk)

plus Juggernaut is kittening bad kitten

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

I don’t think the gen 2 legendaries require any achievements anymore. I might be mistaken but I got the shining blade and apart from HoT map completion and a ton of Mithril/elderwood it was pretty straight forward. 

plus Juggernaut is kittening bad kitten

The first 4 legendary weapons of the second generation (the staff, the pistol, the short bow and the axe) do have special quest and achievements to complete to get the stoff to craft them. Then ANet decided that those task were too long to program and ended making the rest of the legeandary very direct: some tokens, a ton of materials/gold and is done.

I remember that Astralaria required things as completing the aetherblade puzzle in Gendarran (had to wait weeks to rent a mesmer to take a teleport!) and completing some achievements in some fractals, etc. The Shinning Blade doesn't demand any of that. I known that Chuka requires some achievements in fractals, and I'm wondering if amongst any of the requierement I would find any annoying PITA requirement.

For hammers I already have better looking skins than Juggernaut/Sharur, but when I'll craft if it would be either Sharur or one of the new ones: I don't like the skin and effects of The Juggernaut; Sharur is decent but I do like the energy bolts of the auto attack (I wonder if Aurene's hammer would add a similar effect). Anyway, I use the short bow oftenly, whereas I barely touch the hammer (with any profession, sadly: the cc=no damage patch killed most of those weapons across the professions due they were mostly slower hitting weapons with tons of cc).

But maybe I'll wait to Aurene's iterations before crafting the bow as Lucian suggest: is a task for second half of the year. I want to hear opinions, since up to date I crafted always the weapons I really liked, and now I'm mostly "filling slots" and not entirely charmed by the offerings...

Edited by Buran.3796

22 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

I like chuka better, but I tend to run dreamer in pvp/wvw because I imagine its way more annoying for opponents.

Now that you say it, The Dreamer + Chickenado finisher seems to be one of the ultimate trolling combos...

26 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Now that you say it, The Dreamer + Chickenado finisher seems to be one of the ultimate trolling combos...

Especially when you’re killed by a cele renegade. 

also the unicorn finisher compliments dreamer nicely.

Edited by Tulkas.2576
  • Like 2