I want to like virtuoso but it has 0 utility

rune.9572

No, 25 fury in any group composition is honestly a joke, you cannot not reach that number. A lot of classes can help with maintaining the uptime by some degrees. Anyway, Dudu is still welcomed, I answered to the assumption that was made according to which you would want always 2 heal mech in squad (which is not necessarily true, in fact). But in that scenario, it just becomes that you need 2 pure Dps instead of 3, doesn’t change anything else?

Also, no spotter isn’t an issue. You just have to use the proper food to get max precision. Banners is 10-men for at least 2 more months, it makes no sense talking like they already made any change.

(That said, I do like the suggestion above regarding a precision buff in the traits, it would make some things easier to accomplish for sure).

13 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

So why bring Virtuoso over selfish DPS who can still bring utility if needed?

This again? 😨

The utility you bring in case of need are the classic Mesmer skips (ask anybody if they want them or not) and Feedback. How is that nothing?

And no, you don’t have to jam them, but you WILL when needed, and for the most part they won’t affect your Dps since you are using those things 90% of the time in the in-between boss phases.

7 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

No, 25 fury in any group composition is honestly a joke, you cannot not reach that number. A lot of classes can help with maintaining the uptime by some degrees. Anyway, Dudu is still welcomed, I answered to the assumption that was made according to which you would want always 2 heal mech in squad (which is not necessarily true, in fact). But in that scenario, it just becomes that you need 2 pure Dps instead of 3, doesn’t change anything else?

Also, no spotter isn’t an issue. You just have to use the proper food to get max precision. Banners is 10-men for at least 2 more months, it makes no sense talking like they already made any change.

(That said, I do like the suggestion above regarding a precision buff in the traits, it would make some things easier to accomplish for sure).

the moment virtuoso has to swap its food out it actually will fall behind in DPS then DH.. so in this situation of no Spotter DH is More optimal then Power virtuoso and Condi Renegade would be more optimal then Condi virtuoso.

give us a Passive Stat buff to precision and some More access to fury (Doesnt even have to be 100%) So we can build it around our Shatter usuage and imho i'd be happy with where virt is.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

the moment virtuoso has to swap its food out it actually will fall behind in DPS then DH.. so in this situation of no Spotter DH is More optimal then Power virtuoso and Condi Renegade would be more optimal then Condi virtuoso.

give us a Passive Stat buff to precision and some More access to fury (Doesnt even have to be 100%) So we can build it around our Shatter usuage and imho i'd be happy with where virt is.

Uuugghh this is exactly it. I've been trying to like Virt but it always just seems so awkward and kinda boring. Always just on the cusp of breaking out of that and for me I think it's because you have to sacrifice so much to get not much of an improvment in builds, killing build variety and utility.  Always just leaving it subpar. Jamming up precision would absolutely alleviate some of the issues. It seems so obvious now you've said it.

9 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

So, if your group doesn’t have spotter and banners - which you’ll have in 95% of the cases - Virtuoso will only be second best pure Dps class? This kinda proves my point, doesn’t it? 😉

Again, tho, I’d like to see some precision buff in the trait line. That’s not even specific to Mesmer, there are still too many classes which are heavily influenced by having spotter in the subgroup or not having it, and it kinda kills the group composition adaptability. I hope we can see some kind of rework on it, it would mitigate a bunch of annoying stuff, and adaptability is something I hold dear when you have to use the lfg.