Hammer needs CC

Valtarius.8671

Catalyst hammer buffs were nice, but it feels like all these wind up animations like fire #2 should be a knockback, Water #4 a knockdown. Its hard to hit enemies when your a melee range class it seems running around trying to hit people. All we have so far CC wise is shocking aura if blasted, and Earth 5. Seems odd as a elite spec with a hammer. Not even a cripple currently is anywhere in the kit

Air 4/5 are really bad.

I don't quite get why Air 4 has a cast time, but even without, pushing yourself away doesn't make your life easier for the most part of your kit. If you want to hit your skills more often, Air 4 is actively working against that. The only exception might be Air 4 + Air 2 combo, after which you're still left a considerable  distance away from your enemy.

Air 5 is just... so slow. I don't get how you're supposed to hit stuff with it. Honestly, its use currently is that of a blast finisher to stack some Elemental Empowerment. Even in point blank melee it's taking forever to land.

• Like 6

Stupid formatting of the forum. Accidentally posted a quote lol.

I meant to say I wish they'd change Air 5 to a pull instead of the slow blast stun. Put the whirl finisher on Hurricane of Pain (pls). Wind Storm is eh... they should add the Windfall buff from Air Keep on the Ele so we have a few moments to stay alive if we yeet ourselves off a cliff at least.

But Air's CC are not the best. It's kinda strange that Hammer in general doesn't have too much CC.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295

Another issue with air 4 and 5 besides their generally poor performance is that having two hard ccs on air means two skills that aren't allowed to do damage in pvp modes on what's supposed to be one of your damage sets. Add that to every hammer 3 being one skill for the price of four and autos being as pointless as they always are and you have only one damaging skill on air. Perhaps one of these should be made into something other than a hard cc and another skill elsewhere on the hammer can have it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

I don't mind if it deals low damage value, but it should be the CC weapon set that Ele never had.

wait... Elementalist never had staff? ;-) 

this post is meant as a joke, based on how staff has so much CC, but it's designed to be ground targetted CC that is easily avoided by enemies... so really, if that's Anet's design philosophy for Ele CC... what's the kitten point of CC on an Ele?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

wait... Elementalist never had staff? 😉

this post is meant as a joke, based on how staff has so much CC, but it's designed to be ground targetted CC that is easily avoided by enemies... so really, if that's Anet's design philosophy for Ele CC... what's the kitten point of CC on an Ele?

It's funny you said that. Staff CC is one of the few weapon sets that rely mainly on the intelligence of the enemy. You can place the CC, but it requires the enemy to actively choose to get CC'ed and walk into it. Sometimes in PvE I screamed "kitten boss, please walk just a bit so my CC is triggered and I can contribute to breakbar..."

• Haha 1

Just now, Sunshine.5014 said:

It's funny you said that. Staff CC is one of the few weapon sets that rely mainly on the intelligence of the enemy. You can place the CC, but it requires the enemy to actively choose to get CC'ed and walk into it. Sometimes in PvE I screamed "kitten boss, please walk just a bit so my CC is triggered and I can contribute to breakbar..."

You also have to consider that plenty of bosses stop moving when they get their breakbar, making staff cc almost non-existent. Yet another reason for a staff revamp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

It's a Hammer!

- Fire should have a Daze

- Water should have a Float

- Air should have a Stun

- Earth should have a Knockdown

I don't mind if it deals low damage value, but it should be the CC weapon set that Ele never had.

Tbh it's not as though Elementalist  has ever been lacking in the CC department... all the weapons have access to atleast 2 cc (except scepter(0) and sword (1) but those are main hand so it will still have a CC from off hand). Honestly  I feel like the CC weapon combo is D/F weaver with what... 5 skills of CC I think it is? And that's not counting soft CC or elites that had CC too.

So idk .. I guess if Hammer isnt going to offer much CC I'd rather the CC it offers to be unique. Pulls, Tauntz, Launches or even Fears... you know something ele doesn't already have would be cool.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295