Stealth Mechanist nerf?

bethekey.8314

I don't think it always worked this way, but maybe someone knows for sure. Mech Core: J Drive says "signet skills continue to grant their passive bonuses while recharging". Instead of this being a permanent passive, it is now a 30 second long buff.

This means that if the signet cooldown is longer than 30 seconds, there is time you won't have your passive bonus while its recharging. For Shift Signet, that means 40% of the time on cooldown (20 seconds) is spent without 30% movement speed and boon share.

If Shift Signet is the only thing you have for mobility, this 30% reduction in movement speed for 20 seconds is huge in PvP and probably other game modes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I believe this is how elementalist's signet trait work since they introduced it so it's probably like this since mechanist's release.

Yeah maybe. I'm not sure if this behavior was intended when they increased Shift Signet's cooldown.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:00 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

Are you seriously asking why mobility is important in this game?

They should just remove the movement speed, condi cleanse and maybe the stun break from the signet all together - and now its still a very very very solid skill compared to a normal powered class.

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Crackmonster.2790 said:

They should just remove the movement speed, condi cleanse and maybe the stun break from the signet all together - and now its still a very very very solid skill compared to a normal powered class.

Fixed it for you.

Tell me you got destroyed by a Mechanist without saying you got destroyed by a Mechanist.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Crackmonster.2790 said:

Fixed it for you.

Just to be clear, this dude wants the following:
Shift Signet, 25s cd
Signet Passive: Boons you gain are copied to your mech.
Signet Active: You and your mech shadowstep to the target location.

Kinda brings things into perspective, don't it?

Indeed. A balanced ability.

We can go into your other signets too lol like the condi passive: every normal class flat condi increase, mechanist superior % increase 😄 Same for toughness but now wait on mech it reduces condi and strike dmg etc etc. Mech creeped to hell and back eating up the farmlands on earth growing super fat. Reality will find you.

Edited by Crackmonster.2790
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Just to be clear, this dude wants the following:
Shift Signet, 25s cd
Signet Passive: Boons you gain are copied to your mech.
Signet Active: You and your mech shadowstep to the target location.

Kinda brings things into perspective, don't it?

No. And just to be clear, I never said this.

What I would like is for the tooltip to be accurate. "Signet skills gain improved passive effects and continue to grant their passive bonuses while recharging. " This isn't true for 40% of Shift Signet's cooldown. It feels awful when playing. This is achievable without decreasing the cooldown of Shift Signet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I quoted a dude, and gave an example of Shift without the things he wants out. 
Sounds clear to me.

OK, more words, in case my stance is a mystery.

Shift Signet isn't "overpowered"; it provides things that Mechanist absolutely needs in order to work. It is "overloaded". Much like how J-Drive is overloaded, too. Fixing those two in a good way would mean a tiny bit deeper rework of the Mechanist traits.
Saying "these should just be deleted, skill is OP" is just divorced from reality.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 5:30 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

I quoted a dude, and gave an example of Shift without the things he wants out. 
Sounds clear to me.

OK, more words, in case my stance is a mystery.

Shift Signet isn't "overpowered"; it provides things that Mechanist absolutely needs in order to work. It is "overloaded". Much like how J-Drive is overloaded, too. Fixing those two in a good way would mean a tiny bit deeper rework of the Mechanist traits.
Saying "these should just be deleted, skill is OP" is just divorced from reality.

Out of curiosity, why does a rather tank oriented spec need a 1200 range stun breaking teleport? the shift signet is rather flawed in this regard before you even consider all the other things it has.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Out of curiosity, why does a rather tank oriented spec need a 1200 range stun breaking teleport? the shift signet is rather flawed in this regard before you even consider all the other things it has.

Because if you had played Mechanist against other player, you would know that the Spec by it self has a LOT less Evade block invulnerability frames than other Specs/Professions, and it's needed to have at least a chance against a good player, without it you just have a healing skill and the 2 shield blocks.

39 minutes ago, Cherubino XV.2384 said:

Because if you had played Mechanist against other player, you would know that the Spec by it self has a LOT less Evade block invulnerability frames than other Specs/Professions, and it's needed to have at least a chance against a good player, without it you just have a healing skill and the 2 shield blocks.

I did play mechanist alot, all the teleport did was let me make blatant mistakes without consequence as with all stun break teleports.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I did play mechanist alot, all the teleport did was let me make blatant mistakes without consequence as with all stun break teleports.

Mechanist is not the only one with a stun break teleport, the mechanist one also doesn't do damage to enemies, if you think that you have to play a character that has less tools than every other profession in the same game, don't use those stun breaks.

By the way You can slot it and not use it, hardcore mode engaged.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Because anet designed the signet around really bad pet AI.

It's less for the player and more for the mech.

• Like 1