Adding sustain in 2 traits - good sustain increase for all Elementalist elite specs for both Power and Condi

SeTect.5918

It's not new that Elementalist lacks in sustain on its dps builds on Tempest, Catalyst and Weaver, while their open world builds actually do pretty well.

So I had an easy idea for 2 traits that could increase sustain of both Power and Condi Elemenatalist without making their open world build overpowered.

First the Trait for power dps:
Air Spec:

• Electric_Discharge Now also heals (or life siphon) for 80 hp each time you inflict vulnerability.

Earth Spec:

• Serrated_Stones Instead of the 5% Strike damage increase, it now gains barrier based on 2% of your bleed damage.

Why these Traits?
Air traitline isnt used in the condi open world build and also not in the Celestial Open World build.
Serrated Stones isnt used in the condi open world build because its Elemental_Shielding thats used in them.

https://youtu.be/H5ZyMQln6hw
(Condi Weaver Benchmark)
Condi Weaver does 8-11k bleed damage in average so that would be 160-220 barrier each second, which is also not op. Not even close to op if we look at what Scrapper and Scourge cant pump out.
Also Renegades Battle Scars are far better than the healing that power Ele would get.

It would not be op but would give both power and condi Ele some sustain boost on their dps builds because they really lack in terms of sustain since years.

Of course Condi Ele would lose the 5% strike damage boost but it could easily gained back by slightly buffing other trait(s).

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

• SeTect.5918 changed the title to Adding sustain in 2 traits - good sustain increase for all Elementalist elite specs for both Power and Condi
8 hours ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Good ideas. I would buff serrated stones for more barrier. Or make it scale really well with healing power. 

2.0%+0.0015 Healing Power %? That's a number that ~makes sense.
But then the air spec heal also needs a heal. 80+0.08? Just about three fifths of a regen. Lower base, but harder scaling than current Battle Scars? Feels low, TBH. Especially since it can so easily be compared to Battle Scars, what with the vuln trigger...

Not a fan.

To me, Air has no business in having any dedicated sustain or healing. If anything, I'd like to see more Blinds or Weakness instead of having that on Blinding Ashes.

Now, Barrier in Earth I'd love to see. But not on Serrated Stones. That traits competes with 2 defensive traits as only offensive option. But Diamond Skin or Stone Heart could be buffed with something Barrier related instead. If you want to buff condi damage, I'd rather see buffs to certain Earth skills.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Imagine if diamond skin converted conditions into barrier

That would be awesome but might be problematic when considering Stone Heart. Diamond Skin would be universally useful against condition and power damage while Stone Heart only works against power while in Earth.

Healing is too shoehorned into Water. So it ends up with all the healing of the class. Which means it doesn't get a lot of damage. 

Spreading around the healing would be nice, but there's not many places for that. Fire is bloated already. Earth is the tanky one and giving it healing feels bad, although barrier fits nicely there. Maybe Air, in some sort of "refreshing wind" theme? 

Alternatively, more damage to water maybe. 

Remove the doubled damage from piercing shards in water and make it baseline. That mechanic (having to be in an attunement) imo isn't fun anyway and just causes issues.

2 hours ago, Bleikopf.2491 said:

Healing is too shoehorned into Water. So it ends up with all the healing of the class. Which means it doesn't get a lot of damage. 

Spreading around the healing would be nice, but there's not many places for that. Fire is bloated already. Earth is the tanky one and giving it healing feels bad, although barrier fits nicely there. Maybe Air, in some sort of "refreshing wind" theme? 

Alternatively, more damage to water maybe. 

Remove the doubled damage from piercing shards in water and make it baseline. That mechanic (having to be in an attunement) imo isn't fun anyway and just causes issues.

I think the real problem is how each spec is so heavily reliant on being in the corresponding Attunement to gain any benefit… every trait that only works when attuned to the correct element should be changed to have improved effect when attuned correctly (or reduced effect when not attuned correctly) a simple change like that would greatly improve build possibilities for Elementalist.

a change like that would also make it easier to blend traits from one element’s focus into another.

Currently: Water is Support, Air is Mobility, Fire is Damage, Earth is Defense

They have over time blended more damage traits into Air and Earth, but they all still are largely built around those central themes, and Water has gotten nothing to help with damage only a few defensive traits… and of course no healing or mobility traits have been shared with other specs…

• Like 5

People here discussing 2% of bleeding is OP.

Let me show you an Adept (first tier) trait from Virtuoso:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jagged_Mind

Not 2%, but 3%. And not on bleed, but ALL condition damage. Oh, and 100% chance of bleed on crit, no internal cooldown. Ele has a trait in fire, but 33% on crit, with 5 seconds internal cooldown.

Are Ele players so submissive that they don't dare to ask for the same treatment other classes have? Make it 3% of total condition, or 5% if Bleeding/Burning only, and throw a +20% duration on top of something. Ask for more. Your attempt to be reasonable is not helping Ele.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4