Are There In Game Mods?

I only ask as, as of right now, the bloodstone-crazed Devourer teleported to the Prosperity Waypoint in Drytop for some reason, and has become un-targetable and thus un-killable.

The thing is laying waste to anyone who comes over here. 

I'm on Dragonbrand.

Edited by Akisohida.8963

5 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

ANet has some presence in-game, both visible (With ArenaNet tag)  and invisible.

But there is no official way to contact them directly. You can report bugs and anomalies via the in-game bug reporting function, here in the forums or contact support if you need support personally.

Ok. I'll post in the bug section. Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

The best thing to do when you see something like that is type /bug in the chat box and hit enter (or find the menu via the options) and submit a bug report. You won't get a personal response and the solution won't be instant but it guarantees Anet knows it has happened so they can investigate.

I think these days most games handle things like that behind the scenes. They don't need to be visibly standing in the map to see what's going on and I suspect it's actually easier for them to fix it from outside the game using the same tools they create it with. You can sometimes see people who work for Anet in the game (when they want to they can use a special guild tag to display the Anet logo above their head) but when they do that they're usually playing or chatting to players, not working on the game.

8 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

They have people who have the ArenaNet tag, and may have special privileges on top of that, but the general answer is no. The in-game GMs that you know of from other MMOs are not present in this game. 

A friend of mine says she was once on a map where a world boss chain froze and someone there turned on the Anet guild tag, told everyone doing the event to get into a squad, forced the map to close and a new one to open and then manually started the event on the new map (because normally ones opened after the start time don't get the event). I wasn't there so I can't say for sure it happened, but she had no reason to lie.

But I've also heard - from someone with an Anet tag who was stood in LA chatting to people a few years back - that only certain staff have those permissions and every time they're used it's logged and someone will follow up to check what you did and why and you can get in serious trouble for misusing it, so I assume it's not something they'd do often. (Although this was in response to someone asking if they can make gold and items for people, or summon a champion in the middle of LA, so I assume that's the kind of thing they'd get in trouble for, not fixing an event.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The best thing to do when you see something like that is type /bug in the chat box and hit enter (or find the menu via the options) and submit a bug report. You won't get a personal response and the solution won't be instant but it guarantees Anet knows it has happened so they can investigate.

I think these days most games handle things like that behind the scenes. They don't need to be visibly standing in the map to see what's going on and I suspect it's actually easier for them to fix it from outside the game using the same tools they create it with. You can sometimes see people who work for Anet in the game (when they want to they can use a special guild tag to display the Anet logo above their head) but when they do that they're usually playing or chatting to players, not working on the game.

A friend of mine says she was once on a map where a world boss chain froze and someone there turned on the Anet guild tag, told everyone doing the event to get into a squad, forced the map to close and a new one to open and then manually started the event on the new map (because normally ones opened after the start time don't get the event). I wasn't there so I can't say for sure it happened, but she had no reason to lie.

But I've also heard - from someone with an Anet tag who was stood in LA chatting to people a few years back - that only certain staff have those permissions and every time they're used it's logged and someone will follow up to check what you did and why and you can get in serious trouble for misusing it, so I assume it's not something they'd do often. (Although this was in response to someone asking if they can make gold and items for people, or summon a champion in the middle of LA, so I assume that's the kind of thing they'd get in trouble for, not fixing an event.)

According to the Wiki, and from posts from GMs, if the ArenaNet character  does not have GM in front of their name, (and the special icon [now]), they have no special tools/abilities in-game.