why does bladesworn randomly get a 14k heal?

Stand The Wall.6987

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

So you should look into how the skill actually heals. It can hit 12k with 2 charges, certainly, but that will happen over an 11 second period in 4 packets of 3k if timed perfectly. It’s not a 14k heal, and it’s not one big 12k heal either. If maximized over the 11 second window, it has about 1.1k health per second. Similar to Troll augment, which is 1.05k over 8 seconds. So strong, certainly, but not unduly so. 

Careful, the 700 heal per second from adrenal Health and healing signet was too much for the non warriors to handle so the nuked them.

But yeah, warrior gets a heal skill on par with other classes and they lose their minds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And rev doesn't have two heals on 10s CDs?

Litany of Wrath can heal far in excess of 14k.

So Combat Stimulant is not abnormal.

dude lol cmon. revs new heal skills don't heal for that much, and litany? are you serious? whats next, you gonna bring glint heal into this? ZOMG glint heal got me from 2k to 24k in wvw anat pls nerf so opppp. the amount of sustain on combat stim is abnormal cuz it has no reqs. don't play dumb, i expect better from you man.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

dude lol cmon. revs new heal skills don't heal for that much, and litany? are you serious? whats next, you gonna bring glint heal into this? ZOMG glint heal got me from 2k to 24k in wvw anat pls nerf so opppp. the amount of sustain on combat stim is abnormal cuz it has no reqs. don't play dumb, i expect better from you man.

Sounds more like as soon as Warrior gets comparable sustain that other classes can achieve suddenly such levels of sustain become a source of QQ.

I wonder what will happen if one day Anet decided to give Warrior the ability to put 7 evades on their bar, or blind spam like other classes how much QQ would erupt on these forums.

That reminds me... Blooming Fire evade frames when Anet? Blind on explosions when Anet?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Sounds more like as soon as Warrior gets comparable sustain that other classes can achieve suddenly such levels of sustain become a source of QQ.

I wonder what will happen if one day Anet decided to give Warrior the ability to put 7 evades on their bar, or blind spam like other classes how much QQ would erupt on these forums.

That reminds me... Blooming Fire evade frames when Anet? Blind on explosions when Anet?

comparable sustain... lol forget it. i'll wait until everyone else catches on and war mains can't deny it any longer. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

comparable sustain... lol forget it. i'll wait until everyone else catches on and war mains can't deny it any longer. 

Tbh players knew where things were going as soon as they saw tactical reload. War mains in particular are already feeling the incoming shout nerfs (that are gonna kitten on war as a whole even beyond the current state of no repair). My bet is the shouts and the shout heal trait will be repurposed to not work on dps builds, it will work only on support builds. And then its bye bye to core war for real.

Spb remains untouched, as it is the golden line of balance literally every meta build just tramples over in the first 1 min of conquest. And you get some meta support build almost  nobody wanted. Possibly some banner starts giving stab like guard hallowed ground and the devs call it a day with war balance (well years really, until they start making the next war spec and remember war exists).

Well I say untouched... I mean of course other than some half-baked mass changes no one at the studio really thought through. You know how it is.

Edited by Hotride.2187

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Wait ... you are claiming CS is not comparable to other heals? You think people are going to 'catch on' here to understand you? ... that's the whole problem with your thread here. It's not up to everyone else to figure out why you think CS needs to be nerfed (or WTH you were talking about in the first place).

Sorry, it's not our job to figure out your argument for us to 'get it right' to justify the nerf you think it deserves. 

Just on the heal alone, CS is very good when timed optimally ... but that's not a reason to nerf it. Do not assume that the values for skills in this game are just some random determination. So if you want to change something, you need to think of why it's CURRENT values exist in the first place. Frankly, I think that if BsW is a design that intends to offset offensive risk with defined defensive options ... CS is fine as it is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:44 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

talking about the heal skill combat stimulant. it seems ridiculous.

There's a lot about bladesworn's healing that is ridiculous. It isn't just Combat stim. 

It's not like bladesworn can survive on its mechanical talents alone in pvp though. It has obnoxious healing so the people who bought the expack because "cool gunsaber samurai" and jump into pvp hoping to cool gunsaber samurai don't get disillusioned with the fact that "cool gunsaber samurai" will get objectively killed in this sphere without an IV of constant HP. 

Not the right time to attack this. wait till later. Or do, idrc

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

I don't see this as a problem. Is only for an elite spec that to do its damage burst has to be rooted at the ground. placed AoE and non rooting burst from classes(especially ranged ones) are more than enough punishment to make the healing from Combat Stimulant not even broken. Then again I don't use it either in my bladesworn roaming build.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Cry about it. Stim healing is borderline interruptible, I don't get why you're complaining about something that has counterplay.

Also Mending/defiant stance are legit stronger in a lot of situations specially in sPVP/WvW because of condis and burst RESPECTIVELY.

Also imagine dying to telegraphed attacks in 2022. Your guardian, ranger, necro HAS INSTANT CASTS and you're complaining about a telegraphed class. Kill his team mates, BsW can't really peel. And a lot of things such as random aegis/blinds and random projectile block skills still counter it like it has ALWAYS countered Warrior in the past.

Burst comps stilll > anything bladesworn can do. Bladesworn literally can't kill people in 3-5 seconds like other classes do. So w/e good BsW can do right now? Don't nerf it and don't listen to people crying about w/e Warrior good has left in 2022. Bladesworn literally is a tank that only LIVES in an engagement, it's not gonna compare to the good burst comps right now in sPvP or w/e unblockable bursty power meta there is in WvW.

If you're complaining about PvE I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1