What crit cate do you comfortably sit on? (Solo) Share your thoughts/insights/builds

eXruina.4956

To all you Warriors out there running power, lets take a peek inside your heads, besides "SMASH".

What crit rate are you comfortable sitting on? Solo please, no group stuff, I'm primarily interested in WvW, but feel free to post whatever, just specify so we know which game mode ye addressing.

- Full Berserker 50%

- Berserker+Assassin Mix 60%, Full Marauder 60%

- Full Assassin 70%

- Other, please specify and elaborate.

Since the power coefficient nerfs and removal of damage from cc skills (ie most of the relevant warrior skills), the demand of rolling those crits are at an all time high, sadly we aren't as blessed by Anet as those fancy, schmancy, magicky, Guardians or Revenants, nope we gotta earn our crits, assuming we stay alive to make another roll or land another hit.

Has anyone figured out a way to optimally crit cap Warrior without over-investment or giving up too much combat ability/survival.

I personally find running Rune of Rage (for 100% fury uptime) the most forgiving option, but even that takes away from essential slots.

I'm interested to hear how you guys get to your sweet spots, and what curses you utter when you miss your crit. Cheers. ^~^

Edited by eXruina.4956

Sure, critting more is always great for more damage, but Warrior is not a very crit dependent class otherwise. Not sure where the 'demand' is coming from but it's important educate yourself on how DPS is calculated from power, precision and ferocity to know when you are making compromising choices in your solo builds.

The only REAL time I care about maximizing crit is MMR heals paired up with Forceful Greatsword with no other sustain in the build. Otherwise, more crit is just more DPS and I settle for what I get. Even at 50%, you are always going to have enough crit to proc on crit sigils almost all the time.  

Lots of ways to cap it, even solo but I suspect it requires some Assassins supplementing Berserkers. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

@Obtena.7952 please elaborate on the proposed build, I am interested.

My main focus is solo WvW, meaning roaming, taking outnumbered, so critting to kill stuff, and closing out, not just to proc sigils.

Which mode you're addressing isn't clear, sounds like warrior in general, I'd appreciate also if you clarify in which game mode.

Also you are undervaluing the importance of critting in your statement, or that is what I understand.

crit will always be > non-crit. as long as you have non-crit it will never be enough. :)

56 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

@Obtena.7952 please elaborate on the proposed build, I am interested.

My main focus is solo WvW, meaning roaming, taking outnumbered, so critting to kill stuff, and closing out, not just to proc sigils.

Well, solo WvW ... can't comment on that. Personally, I don't solo with warrior in WvW. I was talking more about OW PVE and soloing different difficulties of content there. 

crit will always be > non-crit. as long as you have non-crit it will never be enough. 🙂

Sure, that goes without saying that crits > non-crit. I'm simply acknowledging that as a class, Warrior is not very dependent on crits for effects other than DPS so other than the scenario I outlined with Forceful Greatsword/MMR, I wouldn't put too much effort in maximizing it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I run Marauder + Pack Runes in WvW alot. Sometimes Eagle or Thief Runes. That is generally high enough for me, though If I really want all my hits to crit I'll take an accuracy sigil and some +70 precision food. FGJ stays on my bar for how useful it is with certain traits, so I usually have very high Fury uptime as well.  The above with an accuracy sigil is about 99.48% crit rate without any infusions with Eagle runes.

When I play my various 'alternative' non meta roaming builds that stack things like toughness, vitality, or expertise I take Arms for Burst Precision and Unsuspecting Foe and have a high crit rate for when it truly matters along with higher defensive stats.

PvE I just run full Berserker + Scholar runes, or if I take Arms then the new Dragon stat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I run Marauder + Pack Runes in WvW alot. Sometimes Eagle or Thief Runes. That is generally high enough for me, though If I really want all my hits to crit I'll take an accuracy sigil and some +70 precision food. FGJ stays on my bar for how useful it is with certain traits, so I usually have very high Fury uptime as well.  The above with an accuracy sigil is about 99.48% crit rate without any infusions with Eagle runes.

When I play my various 'alternative' non meta roaming builds that stack things like toughness, vitality, or expertise I take Arms for Burst Precision and Unsuspecting Foe and have a high crit rate for when it truly matters along with higher defensive stats.

PvE I just run full Berserker + Scholar runes, or if I take Arms then the new Dragon stat.

This is some impressive zerking. Respect. 
I run around 55% usually. zerk/Mara mix with strength or dura runes (depending on if I want to be a glass or have a bit more heft). 
I want to try running full dragon + eagle runes. I built it out in build editor and it’s like 60% crit chance, 250% crit damage, 2.3k power. Could be pretty fun. You’ll die real fast though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

This is some impressive zerking. Respect. 
I run around 55% usually. zerk/Mara mix with strength or dura runes (depending on if I want to be a glass or have a bit more heft). 
I want to try running full dragon + eagle runes. I built it out in build editor and it’s like 60% crit chance, 250% crit damage, 2.3k power. Could be pretty fun. You’ll die real fast though.

Respect.

I run a fair number of builds tbh. Even celestial sometimes. Legendary gear gives me that freedom to tinker.

Run Axe/Axe Core or Berserker with Berserker+Scholar gear and people tend to 💩 their paints when you focus them. There are builds that I've encountered that are on the tankier side that if I ran something more balanced that I would not beat, but full meme dps stats made easy. The inverse is also true with fighting some builds with Cele gear instead of glass gear.

There really isn't one size fits all stat wise in WvW. Whatever you chose to run will work against some players, but not others. If there are more of a particular type out and about while roaming, change you build to suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This sums up my "methodology" almost entirely. Though these days, it's all on core, maybe Spb for a day or two on rare occasions. And rare that I'm not running Eagle runes, unless Durability in WvW on an "off" day so to speak and I need the added cushion (and of course, I settle for lower crit rates at those times).

And respect and props to anyone playing - and especially maining - Warrior these days. Mine's a secondary, an enjoyable one, but I'm not going to put in the time on a class that seemingly has such low regard in the minds of the devs. Not wanting to waste each other's time and all that.

• Thanks 1

Open world? 

Doesn't really matter to me. I just run max Zerker gear with Firework Rune. 

Sigils are Force and precision (?) the one giving 7% crit chance. 

Add the Signet of Fury and Crit Chance is high enough. 

Wvw is full Dragon gear, then replace gear with marauder until you get crit cap with buffs. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2