Offensive/Defensive Protocols - The annoying aspects of losing the charges.

The Jade Tech Offensive & Defensive Protocols are excellent ways to buff yourself up. However, it is particularly annoying when you lose all charges after filling it if:

1. You change instances to join a squad
  2. Logout to another character to transfer items
  3. Change character more suitable for map meta
  4. Forced map closures
  5. Going through inter-map portals either accidently, or to activate a portal on the other map, and came back immediately.
  6. Logging out and back in because of any issues
  7. Etc., etc., etc.

Yes, yes, it doesn't take long to refill and there are jade batteries and ziplines all over. But it still doesn't take away the annoying factor of having to recharge again, sometimes multiple times, especially when you're just playing on the same map.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 9

The worst thing is that these Protocols are entirely unnecessary busywork for the player, and tediousness of filling/losing battery charges & buffs just adds to that busywork. 

The mobs could simply have been tuned to a proper difficulty and Protocols removed, instead of overtuning the mobs just to make the Protocols feel relevant.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the maps are spammed with batteries, i don't see really a problem.

For me, it's not a problem in terms of difficulty to accomplish, it's merely unnecessarily tedious to build and maintain enough of the buff to last through the meta event.  I don't get any sense of accomplishment or enjoyment out of it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

For me, it's not a problem in terms of difficulty to accomplish, it's merely unnecessarily tedious to build and maintain enough of the buff to last through the meta event.  I don't get any sense of accomplishment or enjoyment out of it.

except for DE meta, they are really not necessary. ppl are mastering new specs, and the powercreep is already showing signals(bosses melting faster). i just ignore them, i catch it only when have spare time or in DE meta build-up.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

The worst thing is that these Protocols are entirely unnecessary busywork for the player, and tediousness of filling/losing battery charges & buffs just adds to that busywork. 

The mobs could simply have been tuned to a proper difficulty and Protocols removed, instead of overtuning the mobs just to make the Protocols feel relevant.

The mobs aren't overtuned outside being notorious health sponges by comparison with the other expansions. And, with this part, I agree. It feels unnecessary.

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the maps are spammed with batteries, i don't see really a problem.

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yes, yes, it doesn't take long to refill and there are jade batteries and ziplines all over. But it still doesn't take away the annoying factor of having to recharge again, sometimes multiple times, especially when you're just playing on the same map.

You obviously did not read what was written. The problem is not the availability.

• Like 1

It actively prevents me from playing those maps, as I'd rather spend time playing maps where I don't have to first gather up 10 boosts before I can concentrate on playing.

As noted multiple times above, it's unnecessary busywork, but I'll add that it's a desperate last-ditch attempt to legitimise one of the poorest parts of the expansion, Jade Bots.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I just ignore them for anything but the DE meta.

Depending on which alt I use, and for what purpose, it may be unnecessary to use.

However, there are many who do not have good equipments or equipments optimized for the foray. The added buffs could mean surviving and not  having to re-do a particular event several times for an achievements. Plus the hassle of having to run back from the nearest (uncontested) waypoint.

• Confused 1