Siege problem with water "fix"

Heibi.4251

I know you made a change in WvW not allowing siege to be placed in water due to some exploits. Thank you. However, on Blue Keep in EBG it gives them an unfair advantage on their water gate. You can't throw rams in front of the gate anymore. Kind of a must to break in that way. I'll show you a picture of what we had to do to knock down the door today. We had to place 2 rams on the foot of the entry area - the only place you can now drop rams. And then we dropped 2 catapults on some dry patches. 

https://www.deviantart.com/heibi/art/Gw238-912339725

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jojohome.3159 said:

I think that the bigger issue with the water "bug/feature" was the Klovan wall. I mean lowlands watergate is attacked like once every month. 

The fun part of that watergate, is that invulnerable doesn't affect it, never has.  So, someone pulls invulnerable while you are on the watergate, you just break in anyway.  So many inconsistencies.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:14 AM, Ubi.4136 said:

The fun part of that watergate, is that invulnerable doesn't affect it, never has.  So, someone pulls invulnerable while you are on the watergate, you just break in anyway.  So many inconsistencies.

Doesnt the tactic say "indestructible walls"? 

Let me ask you a question!   Gate = Wall?

18 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Indestructible is for gate and walls.  At least in every other structure:  keeps, SMC, towers etc.  this one gate is noted to be an exception I believe.  (And exception means bug (🐞🐛🐜🦟🪲🪳)

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
Took out the spider for our arachnophobia friends
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The tactic is actually "invoulnerable fortifications".

Also yes the garri watergate is different. It doesnt upgrade either and is much weaker than the other gates.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I get the semantics part, but it works on the watergate at both red and blue keeps, but not green.  It works on all inner gates.  Just seems like an oversight on Anet's part.  We can't even get them to fix the oil trait after telling them about it for 5+ years, so I don't imagine this will ever change either.

• 1 month later...