The little things Episode One: FTP in ranked

I was wondering why is free to play allowed into ranked?

I noticed they have so many other limitations across the whole game.

Look at PVE, look at WvW and you will see that most of the best functions and activities are gated to upgrading.

Then, one of the devs says that conquest is the bread and butter for all of pvp.

So, FTP has access to everything to play pvp and learn.

Why must they be allowed in ranked?

Anything considered prestige and full access should be paid.

Make money anet, stop letting trolls and bots ruin your game, literally they are ruining your game.

If you want to make money, run your company like a business, and protect the paying customers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Most of the bots aren't F2P, they're using discount codes that bought the game for ~$10 USD. They've literally given the full Core game away numerous times through promotions, too.

Getting a minimum of ten accounts for $100 USD isn't as hard as you might think it is.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Most of the bots aren't F2P, they're using discount codes that bought the game for ~$10 USD. They've literally given the full Core game away numerous times through promotions, too.

Getting a minimum of ten accounts for $100 USD isn't as hard as you might think it is.

I know that in some cases.

I remember the twitch heroic edition giveaway.

A wild guess is it was spammed to death for the free upgrades.

I can only imagine how much it helped gold farmers and mystic coin hoarders.

But, still, by definition and understanding, those are "legit" accounts, so I won't complain.

They did the or a process needed to upgrade

Still, I would like FTP to be subject to that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Bad things f2p can bring to rank

wintrade alt acc

But again if the devs havent let the game bleed to the point you can q sinq same classes wouldnt almost garantee they get in the same match off hour. F2p acc wouldnt be a problem in this matter

Weaker builds

Again not exactly  f2p issue, they murdered so many core specs in order to nerf elites

Trolls

Well, again if the report system was any functional we'd not having trolling issues, f2p or not

27 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Would be an excellent way to incentivise people to actually but the game... oh wait no I mean the opposite.

Do you need to buy champions in League of Legends or DoTa? No, and those games still make lots of money. Having fully f2p sPvP could give great influx of new players who could be as well interested in PvE or WvWvW and for that they would need to buy expansions.

4 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Do you need to buy champions in League of Legends or DoTa? No, and those games still make lots of money. Having fully f2p sPvP could give great influx of new players who could be as well interested in PvE or WvWvW and for that they would need to buy expansions.

Ah yes, the twin games of GW2, LoL and DoTa. Code in binary, played by a keyboard, basicly the same. Great point, now excuse me I need to find something hard&sturdy to smash my head into. 

PvP players generally do not care about other gamemodes. If all buying EoD would get us is the ability to troll FFA with the siege turtle, I think most of us would pass. I personally bought EoD for the e-specs. That is the only reason. If you think there is a serious PvP to PvE pipeline that could funnel enough funds to offset the existing PvP only players not spending a dime... well, that is an opinion. A different one.
Oh I think I got it. My wall is hard&sturdy enough. Now excuse me, I have to make something happen.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Ah yes, the twin games of GW2, LoL and DoTa. Code in binary, played by a keyboard, basicly the same. Great point, now excuse me I need to find something hard&sturdy to smash my head into. 

PvP players generally do not care about other gamemodes. If all buying EoD would get us is the ability to troll FFA with the siege turtle, I think most of us would pass. I personally bought EoD for the e-specs. That is the only reason. If you think there is a serious PvP to PvE pipeline that could funnel enough funds to offset the existing PvP only players not spending a dime... well, that is an opinion. A different one.
Oh I think I got it. My wall is hard&sturdy enough. Now excuse me, I have to make something happen.

I think they should offer an wvw and pvp exklusiv espec unlock for 10€ each