Hi All, What to do with 2K tomes of knowledge?

You can create new characters and then play the personal story until level 10 to receive a free Black Lion Key once per week. I tried this myself once, but it was too boring to repeat.

I'm sitting on 6k tomes now that I have no use for.

• Thanks 1

I recommend either donating them to a guild which needs them or turning them into spirit shards (and with that many definitely trade them in to the Mystic Forge vendor rather than using them 1 at a time). Even if you don't need the spirit shards now it gets them out of your bank and into the wallet where you don't need to worry about storing them.

You'll get more tomes as easily as you've gotten these, and even if you had none there's always other ways to get experience, so I don't think you need to worry about wasting them or not having them when you need them. Although you could keep 1 stack. I always keep enough tomes/scrolls so I can instantly level a character to 80, just in case I want to. But if it ever gets over 1 stack of tomes I turn them into spirit shards.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

If you're not using Spirit Shards to do material promotion you're losing alot of gold, around 40-60% of it. The rest can go into Spirit Banners to drop down whenever someone drops a Guild Heroes Banner.

Can you explain material promotion?