Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

Silly or not, it might be the case that the reason why it isn't there is because the underlying tech requires a designated party/squad leader to initiate such a check and there isn't one "by default".  It also might not be such a simple thing to implement.  Think about the basic party and complaints people have when trolls merge parties and kick out a player who may have started one of the parties.  There's no authoritative player and a ready check function is most likely tied to having one.

The default could just be, essentially, an invisible Tag, defaulted to squad creator. 

Paying for the actual Tag gives the player the privilege of being able to enable the icon above their head and on the map for visibility, in order to lead masses in OW and WvW content, which was it's targeted use anyway.

• Like 2

In general the lfg and squad functions are severely outdated. There has barely been a change if any at all since implementation. I would say Anet should bring them up to today's standards but the truth is we had better grouping and group management systems in the kitten 90s (albeit often through external apps) so they should at least bring them to the late 90s standards.

I really dont see why anyone would object to that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Albi.7250 said:

The Reason I am asking is the same Reason you and others dodge the questions like you all maining Daredevils. Ready-Check is is a helpful tool that is why people use it. And the only Reason people not use it in Strikes is because they don't have access to it or they have such a high skill level that they could do the Strike drunk with a hand tied behind there back. And even THEN they use it from time to time because its is just how you run that content.

Will a Ready-Check have a HUGE positive impact? probably not Huge. But that's the Point! It is an easy to implement(most likely done by an underpaid intern) positive change that should hurt nobody. And you guys act like we are grabbing the 300g directly from your wallet, what apparently shouldn't even be a problem as 300g isn`t a big investment anyway. Nobody who is against even offer an alternative. Do you guys really thing it reasonable to lock interface function behind(for casual Players) multiple week long grind. You cant be serious. Not every on can be expected to commit so hard to a game as we do. There is no prestige in grouping your teammates into subgroups. There is no Glory in doing a ready-Check. 

A lot of assumptions and accusations being made there.  Hard to give you serious consideration.  Do you really need someone to walk you through the logic that if they tell you a ready check doesn't solve the staggered starts then yes, they have used it before in strikes?  The question answers itself.

The only reason I don't use the ready-check in strikes is because there already is one when you first enter.  When I do use the ready-check it's usually because it's Harvest Temple and we've wiped.  If it's a strike like the Shiverpeaks one everyone just runs ahead whether there's a ready-check or not and even when not everyone is yet in the instance because people usually can do that content practically solo.

Besides, what do you know about "running content"?  You suggest that there's a "correct" and "proper" way to do strikes locked behind a paywall.  It's absurd.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

The default could just be, essentially, an invisible Tag, defaulted to squad creator. 

Paying for the actual Tag gives the player the privilege of being able to enable the icon above their head and on the map for visibility, in order to lead masses in OW and WvW content, which was it's targeted use anyway.

Yes, that could work.  All I'm saying is that the 10-man tagless squad may only be a simple extension of existing 5-man party functionality which doesn't seem to have a default creator.  They had to give the ability to create 10-man parties somehow for raids knowing that it cost 300g to get a tag.  So implementation may not be as simple as we assume.  The ready-check would be nice to have even in 5-man parties though.  Arguably 5 "r"s in chat is easier for players to manage than 50 "r"s if the context about these features is targeted use.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, jaif.3518 said:

"Can we get a cheap strike tag with limited functions for groups of 10?"

You could have led off with something like that, expanded a bit in the body explaining, and your post wouldnt sound so needy and inflammatory. 

Fair Point, sadly can fix the title. Did try to fix the body a little without changing it completely. On the other hand a discussion about a CHEAP strike TAG would have gone the same way anyway. Besides buying a tag is more a compromise then what i think is right. I think it should be baseline or locked behind an achievement. Being able to buy it with some of the currency from Strike would obviously be way better then now, but would still kind of weird as it is an interface function that doesn't effect other player besides the 9 people in your Strike. The fact you have to be kind deep in the game or search through multiple wiki sites to even know that is missing and where to get that is outrageous  for a game in 2022.

• Sad 1