12 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Only one player needs to have the commander tag and a lot of players have it. The average player can do strike missions just fine. 

But not every one who has a Tag wants to lead the group or update the LFG between Strikes. It seems like a necessary update as 10-Man Content become more available to the Player Base. Is there any Reason it shouldn't be updated or is any Harm done, when a Non-Commanders is able to ready-check there group. Cause i doubt it would eat up any significant Dev-Time as this functionality is already in the Game.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

problem is, that check starts off a majority vote, doesnt matter if 1 or 2 is afk when the rest starts

Yes since you can see that one or two did not press yes, then you obviously dont attack.

Everyone should just stack and jump in place to show they are at keyboard and when the one or two persons are in the stack and jumps you can run in.

Not like you need a rc at all.

Edit

And it is not a group function it is a squad function since there are more then 5 players.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Strikes have a built in ready check, without that you can't start the encounter.

The one in shiverpeaks for example is a Mile before the actual Boss. For another example the Kodan one has a wall so you can even get in position.

Also why shouldn't they update Strike group function what would be the Harm to that?

EDIT: There is a reason Commander squad function are used in Strikes if available. These are tools which make group content more organized. Which is important in Strike, more so when you do Strike with and LFG group.

Edited by Albi.7250
clarafication
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

The one in shiverpeaks for example is a Mile before the actual Boss. For another example the Kodan one has a wall so you can even get in position.

Also why shouldn't they update Strike group function what would be the Harm to that?

EDIT: There is a reason Commander squad function are used in Strikes if available. These are tools which make group content more organized. Which is important in Strike, more so when you do Strike with and LFG group.

Because there is a 300 gold thing called "Commander Tag" available that has a proper on demand ready check.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

You can do strike missions without spending 300g. You can even do raids!

The commander tag only enables certain QoL features and 50-person squads.

I get the feeling that some people casually throw that p2w term around. It's become so meaningless these days. I don't personally consider QoL, especially something available to everyone with ingame gold and no RNG, as p2w.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

I have a commander tag and I agree that it should be a basic squad function, but at the same time the game have given you multiple easy farms to get 300g, also not everyone pay attention to ready which is honestly sad sometimes. Typically ppl are more willing to walk to the side as a ready sign too.

Edited by Veka.8710
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The real joke is that none of those functions existed for commander tags before the squad ui changes. I bought my tag before them and when it was more expensive due to lower inflation and lower gold making sources. It got me /supplyinfo! Much p2w!

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have my catmander tag but agree with op about ready check. I think this feature should be stock in both 10 man squad and party. There is so many times I wish I had ready check when teaching new people fractals, or in strike missions where I dont want a tag visible over my head.

As for the subgroups cant people reorganize themselves I need to test that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes since you can see that one or two did not press yes, then you obviously dont attack.

Everyone should just stack and jump in place to show they are at keyboard and when the one or two persons are in the stack and jumps you can run in.

Not like you need a rc at all.

Edit

And it is not a group function it is a squad function since there are more then 5 players.

harvest temple for example, starts right away

this is also just one basic feature out of many

• Like 2

Problem is that pretty much all features that come with commander tag can be consiered "basic function", so where to draw the line?

Visible tag whilst in a squad? basic

Ready check? basic

Markers? basic for sure

50-man squad? oh yes, basic need for things like DE meta

Squad message? maybe not that hot but should be a basic function since it's basic QoL to be able to type a message

Depending on who you are, none, one, or more of these would count as basic, so again: where to draw the line? I've got a tag and I don't mind tagging up for these basic features, so for me the answer is "the line sits in a good spot as it is".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Problem is that pretty much all features that come with commander tag can be consiered "basic function", so where to draw the line?

Visible tag whilst in a squad? basic

Ready check? basic

Markers? basic for sure

50-man squad? oh yes, basic need for things like DE meta

Squad message? maybe not that hot but should be a basic function since it's basic QoL to be able to type a message

Depending on who you are, none, one, or more of these would count as basic, so again: where to draw the line? I've got a tag and I don't mind tagging up for these basic features, so for me the answer is "the line sits in a good spot as it is".

14 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

If you wanna do Strikes with random People, the intuitive way would be: One Group leader opens a Squad in Lfg, puts the people who join in the two Sub-Groups(which is now relevant with the recent changes to Boons) and makes a Ready-Check so the group can move onto the boss as a unit and not a staggered Mess. To be clear cause i read a similar Post a while ago:

I DO NOT WANT a Commander-Tag. I don't want to lead Meta-Events and i sure as Hell don't want to lead some WvW-zerg. I just want basic group function when i go into Strikes without paying 300G for a Tag i do not want.

OP is quite clear where the line is. he's not asking for a visible tag in a public setting, or the ability to lead 50 people.

these 2 features should require some investment from the commander. but i dont see why the rest shouldnt be added to help random groups better tackle strikes.

isnt that the whole idea? to get more people into strikes and maybe eventually raids? but your average person is being kitten every step of the way

fyi 300g costs more than the "average" person makes in a week, even if they are super efficient (chances are they are making 5-10g/hr, so around 5 weeks)

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/8-hours-and-27-minutes-thats-how-long-the-average-gamer-plays-each-week/

for the record, i did spend the 300g on a tag

• Thanks 7

While these functions are not required and 300g isn't the world - I actually agree with this. 

Imo the only thing that should be behind the paywall for less accessibility is the visible (map) Tag. 

GW2 players, due to the core experience never requiring grouping of any kind, generally already struggle with severe built up anxiety over grouping through lack of exposure - the last thing the game needs is more hurdles limiting players who want to step up from doing so by making it a conscious investment that has to be considered. 

That along with in general more functionality for PvE Squads, like the ability to tag players in the Squad UI with (now pretty much officially Anet sanctioned) roles like Quickness, Alacrity, Heal and DPS, to streamline subgroup organisation could go a decent way towards easing people into group content and taking responsibility for making the groups they would like to play in themselves.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 1

Keep the visible tag and 50 man squad behind the commander tag.

Make the rest of the tag squad features baseline. So ready check, squad leader and everything that comes with it. You can add a short collection for it like some strikes and fractals if you want to make sure people at least have some basic knowledge. Not necessary though imo.

If that makes more people wiling to lead squads, great.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1