Things I would like in material storage and are taking up bank space

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

I have a similar question why did they stop at 17 bank tabs and not 20.. which would have made more sense...

Whether 17 or 20 makes more sense has nothing to do with the number itself, and everything to do with the techical backbone, available data storage, economy considerations, and more. Neither you nor me have the necessary information to decide what impact three more available bank tabs across all accounts would have.

If the number rubs you the wrong way, then you're free to just not buy (or use) them.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Sunyavadin.7962 said:

NO, your assertation about what the limitation is is VERIFIABLY FALSE.

I had forgotten about the food. Still, it’s closer to being correct than it having to do with it not being a part of a recipe (lol). 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

I had forgotten about the food. Still, it’s closer to being correct than it having to do with it not being a part of a recipe (lol). 

Because I was talking about why Anet would have a good universally applicable reason, which would apply even if there are in fact no technical limitations, to not allow it to be added to mat storage. Everything that goes in mat storage has a use in a recipe. They don't add things which have no such use to it. The wintersday and halloween equivalents, for example, Candy Corn Cobs and Snow Diamonds both have mystic forge recipes they go into. Bauble Bubbles do not. I suppose maybe at a stretch one could guess that lore-wise they try to stick to a concept of things rewarded within the SAB not being physical real-world items which exist and can be interacted with, and so you cannot stick them in the mystic forge or craft with them?

Edited by Sunyavadin.7962
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Whether 17 or 20 makes more sense has nothing to do with the number itself, and everything to do with the techical backbone, available data storage, economy considerations, and more. Neither you nor me have the necessary information to decide what impact three more available bank tabs across all accounts would have.

If the number rubs you the wrong way, then you're free to just not buy (or use) them.

A lot of such numbers are in fact completely arbitrary. They need to put a cap on all such account additions or someone is going to try buying enough to eventually cause the game to crash.
Over time they gradually trickle out higher caps for everything, but at a slow pace, likely so that it all keeps to a pace which doesn't cause problems for users trying to access the game on slower hardware or connections who buy too many. Look at bags, we went from 20 being the cap on their size to 32. I for one was waiting ages for EoD to come out and add its new free shared inventory slot as I correctly surmised this would also mean them lifting the cap from 24 to 28. Undoubtedly one day they will raise it to 32, and my shared inventory will neatly be the same size as the bags beneath it and it will stop bugging me that it's not.

The reason for so many numbers not being neatly rounded to the nearest 5 or 10 is generally because they have in fact over time added more, after starting with a number which was.

Edited by Sunyavadin.7962
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Sounds like a very poor design then.. You realize digital stuff is just 1s and 0s right..

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Sounds like a very poor design then.. You realize digital stuff is just 1s and 0s right..

Compared to FFXIV where there's no mat storage... And we have to pay extra monthly money apart from game monthly sub for each additional retainer for mere 40 or so slots to hold items, I'd say we're taking things for granted in gw2

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1