How is mesmer for OW

Farohna.6247

Chrono/Illusion/Dom with GS/S+S is pretty good, nice damage and can stack tons of might and quickness.

Power GS Mirage with sigil of Stamina is good at tagging or just a fun trash mob clearer in solo.

Staff Mirage is great at soloing group events like HoT HPs.

Virtuoso is good at taking out ambient creatures or standing in Lion's Arch with an exclusive infusion.

Edited by Levetty.1279
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Chrono/Illusion/Dom with GS/S+S is pretty good, nice damage and can stack tons of might and quickness.

Power GS Mirage with sigil of Stamina is good at tagging or just a fun trash mob clearer in solo.

Staff Mirage is great at soloing group events like HoT HPs.

Virtuoso is good at taking out ambient creatures or standing in Lion's Arch with an exclusive infusion.

Lol thank you, also loved the Virtuoso review 😂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Mirage as fun as op as ever, with condi it's ofc going to take a bit longer to kill normal mobs but it's not that bad. I run like 80% viper, enough to get condi duration to 100% with traits and food and few celestial and plaguedoctors for boon duration and survivability. Works great in fractals too. Build here http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAcqZlVUxiSaIhskSmZoWuP9PPA-zRhYVBFLGBhZ05R8GkSpkZKERQURgESFJ8so7ZF-e

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, Muistaax.6193 said:

Mirage as fun as op as ever, with condi it's ofc going to take a bit longer to kill normal mobs but it's not that bad. I run like 80% viper, enough to get condi duration to 100% with traits and food and few celestial and plaguedoctors for boon duration and survivability. Works great in fractals too. Build here http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAcqZlVUxiSaIhskSmZoWuP9PPA-zRhYVBFLGBhZ05R8GkSpkZKERQURgESFJ8so7ZF-e

I personally would run Illusions instead of Dueling so that my shatters produce aoe Torment. It makes it much easier to deal with groups of enemies and you end up with more burst.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

I personally would run Illusions instead of Dueling so that my shatters produce aoe Torment. It makes it much easier to deal with groups of enemies and you end up with more burst.

This is not correct, as a mirage you never want to shatter unless u r going to overcap on ur clones and you can have 3 clones up right away. Most of mirage damage comes from ambush from clones not shatter. 

Having deceptive evasion you will be able to consistently have clone uptime rather then relying on phantasms to change to clones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

This is not correct, as a mirage you never want to shatter unless u r going to overcap on ur clones and you can have 3 clones up right away. Most of mirage damage comes from ambush from clones not shatter. 

Having deceptive evasion you will be able to consistently have clone uptime rather then relying on phantasms to change to clones.

Hmm you are right so swap out Choas then,  I have 2 builds OW with just axes and another with just staffs. It's just a suggestion but it is pretty easy to get clones without dodging.

Most open world fights you won't need to shatter more than once to kill everything so most of my damage would come from auto-attack and ambush. 

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Hmm you are right so swap out Choas then,  I have 2 builds OW with just axes and another with just staffs. It's just a suggestion but it is pretty easy to get clones without dodging.

Most open world fights you won't need to shatter more than once to kill everything so most of my damage would come from auto-attack and ambush. 

Fair point, but I feel like the build I posted has a good middle ground of survivability and damage. I would considers Illusions+Dueling if I was running double axes, but I like the utility and survivability staff provides over double axes. There even was a "staxe" build I saw that seemed to do decent damage, here: https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/condition-mirage-alacrity

Note on Staff/Axe variant:

Staff/Axe

This Mirage build using Staff/Axe requires clone-menagement and has less room for errors.
This Build is able to produce 16 Might and up to 55 % Alacrity for 5 players.

so it's not really a proper alacrity mirage, just something to play for more comfy solo playstyle as it can produce its own regen that still does good damage.

11 hours ago, Muistaax.6193 said:

Fair point, but I feel like the build I posted has a good middle ground of survivability and damage. I would considers Illusions+Dueling if I was running double axes, but I like the utility and survivability staff provides over double axes. There even was a "staxe" build I saw that seemed to do decent damage, here: https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/condition-mirage-alacrity

Note on Staff/Axe variant:

Staff/Axe

This Mirage build using Staff/Axe requires clone-menagement and has less room for errors.
This Build is able to produce 16 Might and up to 55 % Alacrity for 5 players.

so it's not really a proper alacrity mirage, just something to play for more comfy solo playstyle as it can produce its own regen that still does good damage.

To be fair as well my Staff/Staff Alacrity Support uses Inspiration, and I bring it into Raids and CMs. But if I were to swap out inspiration I probably would do Illusions for more general open world and dueling for harder content.