You have no excuse not to get into raids now

1 hour ago, Valisha.8650 said:

But what's the point of making, leveling, gearing and learning a character if it, as you say, will get nerfed soon?

You like to to play it? 

When did doing something in an MMO become a job where you just do things you don't like with toolsets you don't like using?

Like, everything gets nerfs all the time ... so that CAN'T be a reason to decide to not play something. Might as well quit the game if that's how you think, because tons of things have been nerfed many times over. 

This perceptions is what is wrong with the players of the game, especially in 'competitive' modes ... where you MUST play a particular thing because it's determined to be BEST thing at the time. Like, somehow, people forgot that playing should be fun for people, including themselves. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

The GAME should be the one to group people and detect that you have minimum equipment to be successful. Geez, even other games let you summon AI's to help you finish. It's the players putting super high requirements and honestly limitations on the community: i.e. no breathing room only top tier DPS when in reality there is more wiggle room but if many groups have that requirement there isn't much we can do besides trying to get into the training groups and relying on guild kindness.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

The GAME should be the one to group people and detect that you have minimum equipment to be successful. Geez, even other games let you summon AI's to help you finish. It's the players putting super high requirements and honestly limitations on the community: i.e. no breathing room only top tier DPS when in reality there is more wiggle room but if many groups have that requirement there isn't much we can do besides trying to get into the training groups and relying on guild kindness.

Except that is not the norm, so are you playing some sort of guessing game here or...? Who/where checks your build? Who/where requires you to somehow have some top meta dps? If literally anyone does, these groups are mostly closing themselves into tight statics.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

"Excuses":

1.) Don't have the time to sit around and wait for 9 other people

2.) No new content since 2019, and doubtful there will be in the future.

3.) Not enough g/hour

4.) Already have legendary armor

Pretty sure, people need a reason beyond some temporarily overturned builds facerolling the content, I'd say.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2.) No new content since 2019, and doubtful there will be in the future.

So CM "raid level" strikes don't count as new content directly related to this thread because... what exactly?

3.) Not enough g/hour

Not sure that's true. But maybe it's not enough for you, no problem.

4.) Already have legendary armor

Then I doubt you're the one complaining about this content in the first place, since pretty most people complaining about it are hanged up on certain rewards.

Overally you really don't need to if you don't want to. Pretty sure this thread (even though I disagree with its wording and the suggestion there were no similar builds to bring up in the past) is directed to people specifically claiming they can't play x content, because the builds/rotations too hard.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So CM "raid level" strikes don't count as new content directly related to this thread because... what exactly?

Thread is about raids and not strikes lol.

Anet doesn't seem to have any plans for raids in the future, and neither will I. 

Then I doubt you're the one complaining about this content in the first place, since pretty most people complaining about it are hanged up on certain rewards.

And? I don't care about that. Please don't drag me into arguments about other people.

Thread is about why people should go into raids. I'm just giving some reasons why I don't at this point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Thread is about raids and not strikes lol.

Anet doesn't seem to have any plans for raids in the future, and neither will I. 

Wow, so you indeed try dodging what I write just because the naming is different. 😄

We've been specifically told strikes are intended to smooth out the difference between the OW -> raid content. Now we've been told new SMs are gtting their raid (literally) level CM strikes. By what standard exactly are you discounting these new raid level CM SMs as something that's continuation of raid content?

20 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And? I don't care about that. Please don't drag me into arguments about other people.

Thread is about why people should go into raids. I'm just giving some reasons why I don't at this point.

The thread specifically targets one single "excuse" as a reason for someone to not raid. If you didn't specifically have that one single "excuse", then it's safe to say the thread isn't aimed at you, since dispelling one "excuse" does nothing about the others. I'm noy "drtagging you into arguments about other people". You've put yourself in this thread mentioning one specific excuse by yourself.

Granted, as I've already wrote -probably more than once- the thread is worded pretty badly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Wow, so you indeed try dodging what I write just because the naming is different. 😄

We've been specifically told strikes are intended to smooth out the difference between the OW -> raid content. Now we've been told new SMs are gtting their raid (literally) level CM strikes. By what standard exactly are you discounting these new raid level CM SMs as something that's continuation of raid content?

Because it's just all talk atm. I'll believe it when it happens.

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The thread specifically targets one single "excuse" as a reason for someone to not raid.

It really doesn't. Title literally says "you have no excuse...." and as others have pointed out this is a pointless simplification.

Whether or not they tunnel visioned on that aspect is irrelevant, and it's fair game for me and others to add other reasons. And the OP seems to have only posted 2 sentences total so yea, it's naturally not going to cover everything.

Yes you can continue to write a book report about what you think the significance of OP's words and why they should be centered on the discussion. I don't have the time to care about that. 

And even if we do live in this nonsensical black and white world , and that is the reason-- that reason alone isn't everything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Because it's just all talk atm. I'll believe it when it happens.

You'll believe when you see what? Seeing how the current SMs work, it doesn't seem to be extremely hard to turn them into the riad-level content. So are you saying you don't believe they'll go through with it (when they told us the date of the first one already) or that you don't believe they'll do it well? (at which point it's not about "doubtful there will be in the future", like you were claiming  and what I actually corrected, but instead about... "you approving that content")?

We know they plan for it to be exactly that and we know when the first one is comming out.

13 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It really doesn't. Title literally says "you have no excuse...." and as others have pointed out this is a pointless simplification.

Yes, I agreed that the thread is terribly wroded -both in the post you've just quoted and in some of the previous posts in this thread. But it still does specifically target one single "excuse" and it'd be weird to believe that "targetting one excuse" is somehow trying to "target all of them". Hence what I wrote there. Maybe I'm giving too much benefit of the doubt to OP. Or maybe you refuse to interpret it as I explained above. W/e.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You'll believe when you see what? Seeing how the current SMs work, it doesn't seem to be extremely hard to turn them into the riad-level content. So are you saying you don't believe they'll go through with it (when they told us the date of the first one already) or that you don't believe they'll do it well? (at which point it's not about "doubtful there will be in the future", like you were claiming  and what I actually corrected, but instead about... "you approving that content")?

We know they plan for it to be exactly that and we know when the first one is comming out.

Until it's delivered, I will remain skeptical.

20 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, I agreed that the thread is terribly wroded -both in the post you've just quoted and in some of the previous posts in this thread. But it still does specifically target one single "excuse" and it'd be weird to believe that "targetting one excuse" is somehow trying to "target all of them". Hence what I wrote there. Maybe I'm giving too much benefit of the doubt to OP. Or maybe you refuse to interpret it as I explained above. W/e.

Because it's not anyone's job to decipher it, especially when it comes in with such a narrow take. Being OP does not make one dictator of all things to be discussed so divining their intent is unnecessary. Regardless of what everyone thinks, it's going to be  about why people don't want to raid.

Also not everyone is thirsty for legendaries.

This whole dichotomy  leaves a ton of players out in this discussion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Until it's delivered, I will remain skeptical.

You're free to remain as sceptical as you want, but it's still kind of weird to try and claim it's doubtful we'll get more when they gave us a rather immediate date for when one is comming out though. 😉

Because it's not anyone's job to decipher it, especially when it comes in with such a narrow take.

Nobody says it's anyone's job. It didn't take any effort from me to understand what I described above. You "not wanting to decifer" in no way dismisses the logic (or, maybe in your opinion lack of it, your choice) behind what I said in my previous posts, aye?

But as I said at the end of the post you've just quoted: w/e, you are free to accept what I said if it makes snese, you're also free to think it doesn't make sense. Currently, I'm mostly just wondering if there's anything you're trying to go with these responses.

Also not everyone is thirsty for legendaries.

But you just said you don't care and to "not drag you into arguments of other people". You seem to understand what I wrote and that it's true, but at the same time you tried to dismiss it 2 posts earlier because it was inconvenient for you as a response. Need to pick a road there 😜

So... is this comment chain supposed to go anywhere, or we're sticking to these "yes, but no" responses for no reason?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I believe at least half of people around here, know specificaly what raids are, there is no misconception about it. 

There is also a difference between saying "there is no reward" and "the reward doesn't appeal me". For my case its mostly the second one. Of course now that the convo evolved a bit, thing are a bit clearer for those who reads 😛.

I do believe that Raids/Strikes and alike are secondary content. Not mandatory, but still important. If really Anet wants to bring more people into raids stuff and convince people like me to get in. I severly doubt that adding "easy raid mode" aka Strikes to be the good thing for that.

Overall this topic is about what meta is used for clearing raid content. And its tipically something that doesn't entice me to do raids at all. I'm not a "super hard closed door" about the subject tho, and I'm pretty sure there is many people that are maybe a bit curious, because personally, I do enjoy more difficult content. Yet raids arn't checking all the good boxes and I doubt they ever will.

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But as I said at the end of the post you've just quoted: w/e, you are free to accept what I said if it makes snese, you're also free to think it doesn't make sense. Currently, I'm mostly just wondering if there's anything you're trying to go with these responses.

Not really, I'm just replying because you quoted me.

But you just said you don't care and to "not drag you into arguments of other people". You seem to understand what I wrote and that it's true, but at the same time you tried to dismiss it 2 posts earlier because it was inconvenient for you as a response. Need to pick a road there

Sounds like you're just making it way too complicated. I already said I already have legendary armor, so of course I don't care about the "complaints about the content" about that.

Heck in fact neither did the OP talk about rewards, sooo.... this is just something you invented.

Do I have to be complaining to talk in this thread?

So when you bring up things that have like, nothing to do with my post, then yes, I'll tell you I have no intention of discussing it.

Maybe you should accept that not everyone cares about the same things you do.

You're free to remain as sceptical as you want, but it's still kind of weird to try and claim it's doubtful we'll get more when they gave us a rather immediate date for when one is comming out though.

I mean, they say a lot of things. They said there would be a 6 week balance cadence to WvW too and nothing came of that either. So yea, I don't take everything they say at face value. It's not anything against them; I just reserve the right to remain skeptical.

So... is this comment chain supposed to go anywhere, or we're sticking to these "yes, but no" responses for no reason?

I mean, you're the one that started this chain, and I'm just clarifying my posts. If you don't want this to continue, then just don't quote me anymore.

Are all your questions rhetorical? Am I not supposed to answer them?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Sounds like you're just making it way too complicated. I already said I already have legendary armor, so of course I don't care about the "complaints about the content" about that.

Heck in fact neither did the OP talk about rewards, sooo.... this is just something you invented.

So when you bring up things that have like, nothing to do with my post, then yes, I'll tell you I have no intention of discussing it.

Wait... what? I'm not really making it too complicated, apparently you just instantly lose the context of the comment chain you're participating in. Hint, it starts in this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/113373-you-have-no-excuse-not-to-get-into-raids-now/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1641281\ I wasn't the one suddenly bringing it up, you were and they can't "have nothing to do with your post", because it literally starts with your mention of it in your own post. 😐

Maybe you should accept that not everyone cares about the same things you do.

What exactly are you talking about here that relates to my post?

I mean, they say a lot of things. They said there would be a 6 week balance cadence to WvW too and nothing came of that either. So yea, I don't take everything they say at face value. It's not anything against them; I just reserve the right to remain skeptical.

There's a clear difference between "we'll do something in 6 months" and the information we currently have, to the point where your "doubtful we'll get more" is nothing more than misleading anyone who didn't see that information yet. Duh, maybe you didn't and that's why you're trying to make that  irrelevant comparison.

Are all your questions rhetorical? Am I not supposed to answer them?

If your responses to anything you dislike will still boil down to "I'm sceptical anyways!" and "you can continue to write the book report" as some weird act of covering your ears, then I don't see much of a difference tbh.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Wait... what? I'm not really making it too complicated, apparently you just instantly lose the context of the comment chain you're participating in. Hint, it starts in this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/113373-you-have-no-excuse-not-to-get-into-raids-now/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1641281\ I wasn't the one suddenly bringing it up, you were and they can't "have nothing to do with your post", because it literally starts with your mention of it in your own post

Except you replied to me with:

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The only reward I can think of that people could get hung up on is legendary armor. And I already have legendary armor. So why even bring it up?

And and what's this btw:

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But it still does specifically target one single "excuse"

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If your responses to anything you dislike will still boil down to "I'm sceptical anyways!"

Dislike doesn't equal skeptical.

I find it pretty funny that you think "I'll believe it when it happens." translates to I must dislike the upcoming Strike CMs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Except you replied to me with:

The only reward I can think of that people could get hung up on is legendary armor. And I already have legendary armor. So why even bring it up?

Yup, because that was and still is the point, to which you've claimed it's somehow a book report 🙄

Dislike doesn't equal skeptical.

You were repeatedly talking about being sceptical though. And when asked what about, you ignored the question just to repeat the same "I'll remain sceptical". So, again, at least don't pretend you're "responding" to anything, since for now it's all dodging and dismissing whatever you dislike with repeated non-answers.

I find it pretty funny that you think "I'll believe it when it happens." translates to I must dislike Strike CMs.

I never said you dislike strike cms, not sure where you took it from, but it seems you completely misunderstood what I wrote there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, because that was and still is the point, to which you've claimed it's somehow a book report

And again, what does that have to do with me?

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I never said you dislike strike cms

You literally said

If your responses to anything you dislike will still boil down to "I'm sceptical anyways!"

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

but it seems you completely misunderstood what I wrote there.

Probably. I think OP's not the only poorly worded post here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You really lose track of the comment chain you're responding to rather easly, eh?

What that has to do with you was already said before: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/113373-you-have-no-excuse-not-to-get-into-raids-now/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1641286 under the last quote.

"responses to anything you dislike", being what you avoid in my posts with your weird non-answers quoted in that post. You're not responding to cm strikes, you're responding (or rather avoiding to do so) to what's written in posts 😐

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Probably. I think OP's not the only poorly worded post here.

Welp, at this point... if you somehow want to pretend "If your responses to anything you dislike will still boil down to "I'm sceptical anyways!" and "you can continue to write the book report" as some weird act of covering your ears, then I don't see much of a difference tbh." is the equivalent of me claiming "you dislike strikes", then I'm not sure any wording can help here. And with that said... good luck with that. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"responses to anything you dislike", being what you avoid in my posts with your weird non-answers quoted in that post. You're not responding to cm strikes, you're responding (or rather avoiding to do so) to what's written in posts 😐

Ok, please actually state what it is that is part of "anything i dlslike"? if it's not the upcoming Strike CMs. Because that's the only thing I said I'm skeptical towards.  I've used that word 3 times in this page from what I can find, including this post so saying that's my response to everything is false.

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Welp, at this point... if you somehow want to pretend "If your responses to anything you dislike will still boil down to "I'm sceptical anyways!" and "you can continue to write the book report" as some weird act of covering your ears, then I don't see much of a difference tbh." is the equivalent of me claiming "you dislike strikes", then I'm not sure any wording can help here. And with that said... good luck with that.

Why didn't you just write "Why can't you accept that I'm right?". Would be more concise and less confusing/

Also why are you linking stuff a few posts above instead of quoting it lol? That makes it even more unreadable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Ok, please actually state what it is that is part of "anything i dlslike"? if it's not the upcoming Strike CMs. Because that's the only thing I said I'm skeptical towards.  I've used that word 3 times in this page from what I can find, including this post so saying that's my response to everything is false.

Seems like some strong language barrier over here. You respond with these "I'm sceptical anyways"/""you can continue to write the book report"" non-answers to anything you "dislike". Go back to the posts where you respond with this and... that's it.

For example: explanation about how this thread is just talking about one complaint, so if you didn't have that complaint in the first place, you'reprobably not a target for what was wrriten there. -your response? "continue to write the book report".

Another one: You claimed it's doubtful another one comes out, yet we know that raid-level CM strikes are comming. Your first response? "umm this is about raids, not strikes!". To which I asked you how this is not basically the same, I'll just copy paste it:

Spoiler

To which you respond with... Yup, "I'm sceptical". Then to my questions about what exactly you're sceptical about:

Spoiler

All you do is, once again, repeat the "I'll remain sceptical" non-response. What you "dislike" here? Facts and clear information we have about what's comming reall, really soon (which is not even close to what you've tried to compare it with, talking about "in 6 months we will..."). Why yo udislike it? Because you've made a weird unsubstanciated claim you can't support with anything. So all there's left are these non-answers I quoted. Absolutely nothing here is me somehow trying to claim you dislike strikes, still not sure how you went from what I said to this another weird claim. I can only assume you have troubles following the context of the conversation. 🤷‍♂️

Also why are you linking stuff a few posts above instead of quoting it lol? That makes it even more unreadable.

Because if I quote it, you don't see the quote it responds to, which makes it easier for you to yet again ignore any context of the responses. Linking to message with both the quote and response within it is the opposite of making it "more unreadable", especially when the goal here is to try and explain to you context of the responses you're clearly missing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

For example: explanation about how this thread is just talking about one complaint, so if you didn't have that complaint in the first place, you'reprobably not a target for what was wrriten there.

And so? lol.

That's the point. Just because I'm not the target doesn't mean I can't share my own experience on why I don't play raids much. Discussions branch out, so it is not relevant if OP addressed me or not.

This is the crux of the problem.

OP's post is 26 words. My first post is 55.. The fact that you somehow wrote all these convoluted paragraphs about meanings and stuff when it could be summarized as:

"You have no excuse to raid, because there are easy options"

and

"I don't raid because I don't find it rewarding and I don't have the time to bother organizing , and there hasn't been much in that area in the last 3 years"

is  why I'm poking fun of the rest of your explanations as a "book report" because it's all extremely tangential. You went off to discuss about OP's intentions and that discussion wasn't exactly intriguing. I could have just written tl;dr I guess.

You honestly think whether or not OP was talking to me or not, or if the next SM is technically a raid, going to change anything? Yea, it's a waste of time.

Another one: You claimed it's doubtful another one comes out, yet we know that raid-level CM strikes are comming. Your first response? "umm this is about raids, not strikes!". To which I asked you how this is not basically the same, I'll just copy paste it:

Well, one is called a Raid, and one is called a Strike Mission. If there were no difference, then why not just call it a raid?

Because if I quote it, you don't see the quote it responds to, which makes it easier for you to yet again ignore any context of the responses.

Actually it means it easier to ignore, because then you have to open multiple tabs to refer to stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And so? lol.

That's the point. Just because I'm not the target doesn't mean I can't share my own experience on why I don't play raids much. Discussions branch out, so it is not relevant if OP addressed me or not.

Nobody said you can't share your experience, just because you got an information that you were not a target of the post. It just means there's no need to "make up more reasons", since it's absolutely clear there's more than one, including but not limited to "I just don't want to". That's... also what I already wrote.

Well, one is called a Raid, and one is called a Strike Mission. If there were no difference, then why not just call it a raid?

Already wrote about it in the previous posts, in fact you ignoring that was also the point of the post you've just quoted and yet... 🤨

Actually it means it easier to ignore, because then you have to open multiple tabs to refer to stuff.

So there's no difference, since you're ignoring both the quotes and links. Which is also what I said: at that point it makes no difference if you don't respond at all or just quote my post and dodge what I wrote anyways. Are you trying to reassure me of what I already think or what is happening here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody said you can't share your experience, just because you got an information that you were not a target of the post. It just means there's no need to "make up more reasons", since it's absolutely clear there's more than one, including but not limited to "I just don't want to". That's... also what I already wrote.

Well, I mean, that's what a discussion is.

A lot of people do think people don't want to raid because it's too hard, and often times it just gets broken into those 2 dichotomies.

Sure I can be like N/A this does not apply to me /thread. But that's not very interesting.

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So there's no difference, since you're ignoring both the quotes and links. Which is also what I said: at that point it makes no difference if you don't respond at all or just quote my post and dodge what I wrote anyways. Are you trying to reassure me of what I already think or what is happening here?

It certainly does. This thread isn't just about you and me. Other people can see it.

I always write my posts as if they're addressing everyone that can read it.  Though unfortunately nobody else has found it enough interesting to chime in-- can't blame them really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Valisha.8650 said:

But what's the point of making, leveling, gearing and learning a character if it, as you say, will get nerfed soon?

Even in the absolute worst case scenario, your losses are minimal. If you gear a character in ascended zerk gear with scholar runes, and it gets nerfed, you're still left with an ascended armor with the BIS stat and rune for power DPS. 

And it is highly unlikely they'll touch this because it "works at 50% efficiency for too low an APM cost" or something.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well, I mean, that's what a discussion is.

Yeah, spamming with non-answers like repeating "I'm sceptical!"/ "continue writing a book report" to anything you dislike is participating in discussion, good job 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1