condi virt or power virt

Deadpools.7483

59 minutes ago, soltrain.5960 said:

For WvW, take a look at Vallun’s vids on YouTube, he made one for each build recently. See what looks best to you and go from there. 

Its a celestial build and here is the breakdown.

You will be able to survive alot more but you will fail to kill anyone that has remotely close to sustain as you. Fact that celestial stats are so widely used, that build will only catch newbies/zerker players and that's about it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

For PvE open world use.

Condi virt with mix of viper/rampagers, 6 piece krait runes, then stacking precision infusions to hit the  70% unbuffed crit as fury adds 30% with virt elite, the bleed stacking with dagger/sword and focus is unreal and the constant blade stacks makes signet of ether heal for tons as your constantly firing off your f1, f2 keys. Not uncommon to be stacking 50 bleeds rather quickly and seeing a big string of 15-30k bleed ticks from any mob in front.  Reason for the 100% crit is every hit that crits bleeds, your basic auto chain with dagger can do 6 bleeds in 3 hits as the daggers auto triggers a bonus after 3 hits.  Add in the EoD jade bot offence buff and the quickness + dagger spam stacks it insanely fast.

Edited by Mike.7983

Again Ill say celestial virtuoso lacks the damage if you are fighting another bunker bruiser build thats just the fact. Celestial Mirage will do more damage due to being able to stack might which is something Virtuoso does not have.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

For WvW I personally prefer power. My favorite thing about the elite spec is how much value you get from Shattered Concentration in Dom. The boonrip and focused pressure on it is very strong, and is in my eyes the best tool you can bring to groups as a Virt. The condi/cele Virtuoso builds, while pretty good 1v1ers, scale fairly poorly in even small-scale and I much more often felt that I was not contributing anything to a fight while playing them. This is all personal experience speaking of course. I tried some condi and cele Virt builds for a few hours but quickly got bored of them because they feel rather gimmicky to play. A lot of the build is built around landing your F2, which is highly telegraphed and therefore easy to dodge. Otherwise I've spent all of my time since EoD roaming on power, and I am generally pleased with how it performs despite there still being some kinks in the elite spec that need work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Celestial Virtuoso in WvW roaming is an excellent choice, period.

Some of the people on this forum have a personal agenda against Celestial stats, and that’s all.

Virtuoso, as all the other EOD specs, is hot garbage in WvW zerging.

Yea if you are trying to bore someone to sleep perhaps, fact that the build also takes in inspiration already is a dps loss, furthering the fact that Virtuoso has no might uptime makes it hit like wet noodles. Any competent players who knows how to dodge your biggest burst on F2 will take no damage from you.

Also celestial stats are busted to begin with its no surprise so many of the e-specs suddenly turn out good using celestial stats.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Thanks 1

For wvw, the only two classes i dont like celestials on is thief and mesmer. You are mobile enough to disengage, so I find it's better to have more offensive stats as disengaging is the main defense anyway. This way, you have a better change of killing other bunker builds. 

I think both power and condi is good, but condi virts are more all in with the burst ironically enough... ( check out noody's condi virt in yt for a good breakdown). Power has more sustained damage. But maybe it's just the way I build it. Im not a fan of relying on bleed for condi virts as the build needs crit chance to work, which is why confusion bursts are the only viable wvw roaming build imo.

Overall I enjoy power virtuoso the most. Sword/torch as the utility bar, and greatsword or dagger/pistol as the damage bar. 

Edited by HowlKamui.5120
  • Like 5