We have Mount Racing. Where is the Skiff Racing??

Outside of fishing and squaring off against the Leviathan, the skiff doesn't serve a whole lot of purpose.  So why not change that?  There's opportunity to create a viable racing route on all 4 Canthan maps, as well as numerous other maps (Malchor's Leap, Straights of Devastation, Sparkfly Fen, etc.) much in the way the mount racing is set up with the timing loops. 

And in the meantime, I've created my own track:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Skiff racing would be great. I did a run around the canals in New Kaineng the other day, there's definitely opportunities for a bunch of different courses to be ran in there. I was having a look at a few other areas in Tyria as they had more water than HoT and PoF maps from what I remember. Loads of potential.

I'd also love a full water map designed for Skiffs - plenty of opportunities for fishing parties and checkpoint based racing.

Maybe if a community starts to emerge like what happened with the Beetle Drift clubs and Griffon flight clubs then Anet would look at adding official race courses like we have for mounts? Start up a few player ran race events... Seitung Province Slalom, Lion's Arch Loop, New Kaineng Circuit haha!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Yeah, we can put in ramps and have the skiffs jump through flaming hoops while pulling skiers behind them.  Good Times!

I tried that first before I made the track.  Skiff jumping wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped it might be...

• Like 1

Add a few obstacles like

1. Mines
  2. Areas where it's too shallow: a) Long section - have to disembark and run to the other side; b) Short section - have to speed up to clear the shallow section or will have to disembark
  3. Fueling checkpoints where you have to a) Get off and grab a beer from a NPC; b) Refuel
  4. Anything else that'll make it more than just simple zooming through the tracks.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1