say it with me: buff spellbreaker

Yerlock.4678

it is disappointing how anet handles the game.

if it's ff14 devs or any game devs that care, they would be like yes, we want warrior to be good finally and we are giving warrior utilities, if it's overpowered it's fine, we can shave later..

like this is how you deal with a class that's literally bad for 3 years...

not sure why devs are so careful with the balance like they think the balance is good to begin with..

like...the pvp games are bad..go bold..

feels like they are afraid for warrior to be too good ever..while other classes constantly have OP builds that require shaving..

i can't comprehend the decision making of the team leaders..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

it is disappointing how anet handles the game.

if it's ff14 devs or any game devs that care, they would be like yes, we want warrior to be good finally and we are giving warrior utilities, if it's overpowered it's fine, we can shave later..

like this is how you deal with a class that's literally bad for 3 years...

not sure why devs are so careful with the balance like they think the balance is good to begin with..

like...the pvp games are bad..go bold..

feels like they are afraid for warrior to be too good ever..while other classes constantly have OP builds that require shaving..

i can't comprehend the decision making of the team leaders..

Especially true when you consider the recent *massive*buffs to Willbender that sent it into high orbit. They wanted WB to be good so they buffed it hard with the plan to tone it down later if OP.

And yet, for Warrior....? Almost nothing for years. I don't get it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

-Buff Loss Aversion's damage (Boon rip is pretty integral to Spellbreaker, focus more into it)
- Dispelling Force should be removing boons on landing connected CC skills, not actually hard ccing people.
-Dagger AA end chain should remove a boon.
Full Counter-  Give it back like 400 base damage and 0.65 power coefficient for pvp and wvw

This alone would do so much for spb...

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Especially true when you consider the recent *massive*buffs to Willbender that sent it into high orbit. They wanted WB to be good so they buffed it hard with the plan to tone it down later if OP.

It’s favoritism. The fact of the matter is warrior is an afterthought on the balancing scale. And it shows, and it’s so disappointing. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

It’s favoritism. The fact of the matter is warrior is an afterthought on the balancing scale. And it shows, and it’s so disappointing. 

yea, it's very obvious now because a lot of elite specs could've actually been a warrior spec with proper minus stats trait..it's like they give all the first hand new ideas to other classes and give the left over one for warrior

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1

Buff spellbreaker !

And as other people have said in the  past , create 1-2 core Elite specs (and they are not hidden in the last tree ..)

Or new Elites traitlines that is 2/4 existing  HoT - 2/4 Core . You current spells have a different spell effect and you loose -200 all defensive stats if you equiped a defensive amulet

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, Lighter.5631 said:

buff warrior overall.

and bladesworn needs a redesign because this design brings nothing new to warrior and relies on pure healing to survive..which is bad..and gimmicky..

berserker stance after resistance change becomes garbage and is still 40 second cooldown when signet of fury is basically the same thing now only has 20, same goes for revenge counter.

literally 70% of warrior skills/traits are unplayable and garbage at this point and i feel i'm being generous here

I agree. To be brutally honest, little about Warrior works with the theme it has. The class designed to be the cannon fodder that charges in first can't even do that right.

The weapons are a complete design mess. The 1h swords are the only melee weapon that applies damaging conditions. Somehow. The rest are riddled with archaic block skills that are hilariously bad when compared with newer options. Everything about the mace makes me want to cry. The hammer is even worse. One of the most feared weapons in the dark ages, alongside the mace and dagger, is reserved to a stun stick. Amazing. The only positive is the absurd power mess of greatsword. It has two gap closers, a ranged slow, burst, and great range. Its primal burst is to be feared. The cooldowns aren't even bad. A warrior without GS is a mechanist without their mech, and Anet has been happy with this for 7+ years. It's baffling. Shield is also nigh mandatory for a viable build. Offhand doesn't exist for Warrior. We are born with the shield and GS, and we will die with them.

The trait lines heavily enforce... well, nothing. They honestly confuse me. The things each trait line make you better at is almost random. Defense trait line? Oh, so that should be the place for self sustain, buffs, and defense-oriented weapons, right? No. Shouts and sustain are in Tactics. Along with the Warhorn, a weapon that grants barrier and heals. Defense makes MACES better. In fact, you can pick a line of traits (Cull the Weak, Sundering Mace, and Cleansing Ire) that have no defensive properties.

The class needs a complete facelift. The core idea and adrenaline system? Fine. The list of viable weapons and options? Nonexistent. Traitlines? Bewildering combinations that have been shuffled around too much. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:54 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I'm not sure who's ANet's favorite son, but clearly it's not warrior lmao

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:54 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

And I am sure you have been dominating with willbender...

On 4/19/2022 at 11:54 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Man I was satisfied when during the betas both necro and guard specs were crap (I main guard). I was like "necro and guard got it so good already, the new specs can be crap".

And ofc they buff both to still be really good.

At least guards now roam on willbender and not on trapper DH so I have an easier time on spb.