End game button for Leavers/AFKers in Ranked

jpsssss.7530

59 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

In some games, when one team is short one person after a certain period of time, the game gives both teams a prompt to vote to abandon the match early with no penalty for either team. Perhaps anet can do something similar?

that would require them knowing whats going on, but yeah good idea.

1 hour ago, Kuya.6495 said:

In some games, when one team is short one person after a certain period of time, the game gives both teams a prompt to vote to abandon the match early with no penalty for either team. Perhaps anet can do something similar?

I would even gladly take the loss. Just let me move on please. 

In gw1 you could /resign. Noone would get a notification whether you personally did or not. But once the entire team resigned you all just died and the game was over.  Why does this not exist 😕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Gladiotor.7561 said:

I would even gladly take the loss. Just let me move on please. 

In gw1 you could /resign. Noone would get a notification whether you personally did or not. But once the entire team resigned you all just died and the game was over.  Why does this not exist 😕

I agree, but it would be abused to no end for wintrading... I know, I know, it already happens and PvP is dead, but that's probably why Anet have avoided implementing it.

Problem is that people could exploit that to get PvP rewards more quickly. If the team that forfeits wouldn‘t get gold, pips and reward track progress, it would probably be fine, even if I still see source for problems, because legend level players would probably get alot of free wins, which would make them get rewards very fast, but also destroy most of their matches, since they would be over very quickly.

Edited by GuriGashi.5617
  • Like 1

in dota a "safe to leave" message pops up on chat and ppl can leave the match without dishonor, but in gw2 even the tool to identify afk player got disabled, cuz ppl would be there just trolling rather than afking and would move a little every min or so to not get kicked from match, in dota you can't do that, the system is good enough to tell if you playing or not and after 5 mins of inactivity you'd be flag as afk.

GW1 had a resign function. It was terrible.

I was one of those who abused it to the maximum. My /resign went in a milisecond after I thought the match was lost. Also I stopped contributing to the team effort, and redirected my energies into the "make my team resign" effort. Of course in some cases it solved difficult situations and saved many players some time... but more often it just ruined ongoing matches. I'm older now and wouldn't use it like I did 15 years ago(after all I'm playing for fun, not to prove something), but I'm sure most players would.

We don't need this function in PvP.

• Confused 1