Anyone seen the new Void infusion?

2 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Saw it on youtube. Works different than I thought. But rich people probably want to have it.

It looks exactly as was to be expected, to be honest. Since it was going to be a Void infusion from the start, I think it was obvious that it would make your character look like a Void creature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It looks exactly as was to be expected, to be honest. Since it was going to be a Void infusion from the start, I think it was obvious that it would make your character look like a Void creature.

I somehow thought how chak infusion worked when you walk, and you see the whole void pattern behind it. Dunno why but that was in my head.

• Like 1

It's yet another skin replacer one which means if you have literally any of the other ones that do that (such as ember, frost legion, crystal, snow diamond, deldrimor stone, toy-shell etc) you won't have much use for it because they'll just be blending over the same surface area. 

Is anyone else INCREDIBLY sick of the skin infusions like the ones I listed above?  Your character can only use one, maybe two, before it gets indiscernable and adding more is worthless.  Meanwhile infusions that appear as effects AROUND your body (chak, confetti, ghostly, aurillium, bee, etc) actually have use beyond just one or two because they're actually frigging visible, but those kinds are added much more infrequently for some reason. 

Something else I appreciate is stuff like the dragon eyes and polyluminescent outline ones that affect unique parts of your character from any other infusion.  There's only so much they can do in this category before it becomes overused like the skin, for example new eye infusions combined with the dragon ones would just disappear and blend together.  But when we have as few as two choices for an eye then adding more options at least gives people an alternative from the single acquisition method, it isn't the tenth on a pile of infusions they've added for the same area.

Why do they keep adding new infusions you can barely see if you have even a few of the old ones?  You may as well get the flat stat boost no visuals ones at that point.  Moreover, the effect ones they DO add are some of the most ridiculously rare in the game, like chak and confetti so you'll never see it anyway for yourself.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I didn't know what it was at the time, but I did see someone using it the other day.

20 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

It's yet another skin replacer one which means if you have literally any of the other ones that do that (such as ember, frost legion, crystal, snow diamond, deldrimor stone, toy-shell etc) you won't have much use for it because they'll just be blending over the same surface area. 

Is anyone else INCREDIBLY sick of the skin infusions like the ones I listed above?  Your character can only use one, maybe two, before it gets indiscernable and adding more is worthless.  Meanwhile infusions that appear as effects AROUND your body (chak, confetti, ghostly, aurillium, bee, etc) actually have use beyond just one or two because they're actually frigging visible, but those kinds are added much more infrequently for some reason. 

Something else I appreciate is stuff like the dragon eyes and polyluminescent outline ones that affect unique parts of your character from any other infusion.  There's only so much they can do in this category before it becomes overused like the skin, for example new eye infusions combined with the dragon ones would just disappear and blend together.  But when we have as few as two choices for an eye then adding more options at least gives people an alternative from the single acquisition method, it isn't the tenth on a pile of infusions they've added for the same area.

Why do they keep adding new infusions you can barely see if you have even a few of the old ones?  You may as well get the flat stat boost no visuals ones at that point.  Moreover, the effect ones they DO add are some of the most ridiculously rare in the game, like chak and confetti so you'll never see it anyway for yourself.

I don't think it's a problem, but then I'd use infusions to create (or add to) a specific theme on a character, rather than simply trying to have as many as possible active all at once. I think even if that was possible the results would be a mess which wouldn't look any good, or even very interesting.

As it is the only one I've really used is the polysaturating purple one, and even then I keep adding and removing it depending on what the character is wearing because with some styles it just doesn't look right.

I considered the snow diamond one for my Champion of Aurene costume, but I didn't like how it looked and then convinced myself it's probably important for the Commander to be able to say they're not branded and it's just clothing as a way of showing Aurene is different from the other dragons.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1