Outnumbered WvW Harbinger Roaming - Spite and Celestial build

Holl.3109

Hi all!
I've played quite a lot of harbinger and found two builds that really work for me in all settings of WvW. It's a spite build that can get up to 3,7k power with 25 might (which is easy to get) and a celestial build with aristocracy runes that gives might whenever you apply weakness. I can really reccomend trying these builds out since I've had some great succes with it.

I also made a video recently showcasing what the builds can do in WvW outnumbered situations that you might be interested in.

Why celestial harbinger is op lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWfOtTOb08

If you guys have any feedback let me know, always looking to improve the builds!
- Hollts
Edited by Holl.3109
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 1:43 AM, Holl.3109 said:

If you guys have any feedback let me know, always looking to improve the builds!
- Hollts

I don't even bother trying to fight Harbs as of now, I just turn around and ride away. The amount of damage they can put out is ridiculous for how survivable they can be. It's just not worth dealing with until they do a good balance pass. Neat to see it from the other side though, nice videos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I mean the thing that gets me with this is it shouldn't be that easy to do an outnumbered fight. Other classes you generally have to do a lot of kiting, positioning, use of terrain, etc. This just looks like you're running in and overpowering groups of people who are fully aware and engaging you (not blind ganking) and it seems there's very little counterplay available besides running away and not participating to begin with. Which matches up with what I see from the flood of Harbingers infesting WvW now...

Granted I realize this isn't a 1 button win situation so there is some class knowledge at least needed to pull it off. But it's clearly out of whack, which you seem to even realize by stating it's OP. I'm not trying to hate on your video and I'm glad you posted it to show what's going on, but it really demonstrates how broken it currently is even after a few nerfs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:23 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Look how good I am with broken build!

Hollts is one of the best necro player there is, giving advice to new players and showing good footage of his gameplay while also giving objective feedback considering the actual meta. That being said. Underling his statements with well made gameplay videos is just him proving his argumentation while promoting his youtube channel. I dont see any fault with that. Also i dont get why you troll someone that seems to share your opinion.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2022 at 9:23 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Look how good I am with broken build!

🤭

There's builds that are even more broken than cele harb. And there's a lot of them.

And harb still gets easily countered by cc and range dmg.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Even cele harbinger does not win a 1v2 against players that didn't accidently step into wvw.

I 1v3'd three willbenders a few days ago with spectral grasp and shroudburst on a spite curses reaper funbuild. And willbender is considered to be OP currently.

These outnumbered videos are pointless.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 3:43 AM, Holl.3109 said:
Hi all!
I've played quite a lot of harbinger and found two builds that really work for me in all settings of WvW. It's a spite build that can get up to 3,7k power with 25 might (which is easy to get) and a celestial build with aristocracy runes that gives might whenever you apply weakness. I can really reccomend trying these builds out since I've had some great succes with it.

I also made a video recently showcasing what the builds can do in WvW outnumbered situations that you might be interested in.

- Hollts

I would like to recommend another celestial harbinger build that I think also works well for outnumbered WvW roaming.

WvW Death Magic Harbinger Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSABoid3lhy8YqMLWLW0OvRTA-z1IY14vQysAKNC6NFc/AEufNEYaD-w

Basic concept is that the Curses and Death Magic traitlines scale really well together and give the most stat increases of any necromancer traitline.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 1:43 AM, Holl.3109 said:
- Hollts

Mayhaps post a video that ONLY has duels against competent players. After watching the video, the Vindicator was a GS1 from downing you. You PVE'd on people with no skill to speak of, and called your build OP. Yet, if that 1v1 was anything to go by ... it's oppressive against bad players (what isn't?), but a competent duelist against other competent duelists. 
Hollts, mate, you might not remember me, but we did a few duels back in HoT I think it was. I know you're a good player. But please don't give people the wrong idea. 

Edited by xavios.3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, xavios.3601 said:

Mayhaps post a video that ONLY has duels against competent players. After watching the video, the Vindicator was a GS1 from downing you. You PVE'd on people with no skill to speak of, and called your build OP. Yet, if that 1v1 was anything to go by ... it's oppressive against bad players (what isn't?), but a competent duelist against other competent duelists. 
Hollts, mate, you might not remember me, but we did a few duels back in HoT I think it was. I know you're a good player. But please don't give people the wrong idea. 

tbh.. no wrong idea given.

Harbinger has Already been founded as a Extremely overpowered Specc and been demonstrated a 100x over realistically, the build is Overpowered we are all very aware of this when harbingers being in the mix. you dont even need to watch the video to know who won really.