The "Features" added in End of Dragons are all badly done

@Boogiepop Void.6473

What do you like about the expansion? Start with the positive things, because i guess its not all negative. 

And what can they possibly add to the game to match your needs?

A climber mount? Skyscale would be more efficient.

Player housing? Not tied to an expansion.. 

More elite specs? Havent we have enough already? 

For me skiffs have a certain advantage over skimmer. 

You cannot use your other mounts on water. Placing your skiff does. So when you want to reach a certain places, like a cliff, it saves time to place the skiff and use your skyscale to climb the cliff instead of a detour. Big bonus for me. Plus the fishing bonus and they just look awesome. True they are somewhat weird to control. But i dont think they are completely bad. 

Fishing? I just see it the same as gathering ore, wood and plants. A thing to get resources. 

I cannot speak for the mount, because i havent unlocked it yet. And my jade bot, doesnt have full potential yet, but its a nice addition in my opinion. And in truth. Level 1 core would have been nice. But you want a high level core anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

I just had to spend half an hour on nearly a dozen sites trying to figure out what I could salvage for research notes in a cost effective manner. Half of that was just trying to find current lists of things that are actually salvageable as they keep changing the items and anything even hours out of date can leave you with unsalvageable junk items in your inventory with nothing to show for it. The entire Research notes system is a mess and completely and totally unusable without MASSIVE external resources from the player base.

I love clicking 5000 times too!

TERRIBLE system.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/25/2022 at 10:40 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'd also like to highlight how the meta-focused design of Dragon's End actively promotes toxicity.

Every time I've been on the map recently where the meta's active, the people doing the meta are telling people to join up or leave the instance to join a different one, as if it's easy for someone to choose which instance they join.

People playing the map the way they would play any other Guild Wars 2 map are seen as being dead wood and actively contributing to the Meta failing.

In effect, ANet have created a toxic environment where both groups of players could rightfully complain about the behaviour of the other.

It's appalling.

They should have instanced the meta in the same way they did Dragonstorm.

I appreciate the ambition, but it has been executed incredibly badly.

This is why you're supposed to have instanced content in MMOs, and why their trying to do almost everything in the open world was always a dumb idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2