The Skyscale Quest Line Is WAY Too Grindy, And Insulting [Merged]

19 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Unfortunately for you, Anet disagrees with your position.

You still haven't addressed legendary gear.   I guess that grind is ok with you.

Good luck with your request.

Next post for OW legendary armor by tagging world bosses incoming. 

Heard it here first! 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, AnzuZuzu.8275 said:

im not against hardcore collection achievements but i have to agree that THIS MANY collections for just one mount its ridiculous and sadistic, ppl defending this s just that they have already done it or just dk what they are talking about, also not everyone has the time to play 4 hours min and to spect ppl to be doing the same quest for a year or so just to get the mount, talking about buying the "full game" but not really.... (gonna get bombarded but just a fact)

If it takes you a year, you don't really play the game.

You can do it all in short chunks, so I'm not sure where the 4 hour thing comes from.

It looks to me like you don't really understand what the Skyscale quest requires.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

Because legendary gear isn’t relevant to the topic and you’re using it as a distraction. Stay on topic.

It's quite on topic as you are asking for quality of life items to be more easily attainable.  Skyscale and legendary gear are both similarly gated behind substantial grinds.  Why do you have an issue with one and not the other?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

What if they like PvP, WvW, world bosses, fractals..? 

That doesn’t count as playing the game? 

Then it's not the achievement taking a year, it's all the other things they're doing that take a year.

I mean, I can hardly say I spent a year working out if I did a pushup once in May and then again in November. Where are my gains?!?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

You can’t use the skyscale in PvP, WvW or fractals. 

And if they like world bosses, they'll be happy to know that Shadow Behemoth, Golem Mark II,  Augury Rock, and Ley Line Anomaly are all part of the achievement.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Why do you have an issue with one and not the other?

Legendary gear is pure convenience and doesn’t change the way you play. Not only that, but there are multiple avenues to legendary gear. 

The mount does change the way you travel and the only path to getting it is extremely unenjoyable. 

They are not close to being the same thing at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Drennon.7190 said:

Legendary gear is pure convenience and doesn’t change the way you play. Not only that, but there are multiple avenues to legendary gear. 

The mount does change the way you travel and the only path to getting it is extremely unenjoyable. 

They are not close to being the same thing at all. 

Yes they, since are you can do the same places as skytscale with bunny/jackal combo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Then it's not the achievement taking a year, it's all the other things they're doing that take a year.

I mean, I can hardly say I spent a year working out if I did a pushup once in May and then again in November. Where are my gains?!?

You guys can keep your general discussion echo chamber and pretend that a mount is a prestige item (when you did nothing requiring skill to get it) but most people don’t enjoy acquiring it. 

outside of this forum, you can find people commenting on various platforms, who saw the skyscale requirements and moved on from this game. This game needs to attract new players desperately. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

Not really, you can use the other mounts and will reach your destination just fine. Skyscale is a convenient mount, not a necessity. 
I actually didn’t find the path that unenjoyable and I did most of the stuff before the nerf. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You guys can keep your general discussion echo chamber and pretend that a mount is a prestige item (when you did nothing requiring skill to get it) but most people don’t enjoy acquiring it. 

outside of this forum, you can find people commenting on various platforms, who saw the skyscale requirements and moved on from this game. This game needs to attract new players desperately. 

I'm not a "skyscale is prestige" person. I'd say it's the complete opposite. Skyscales are everywhere, and people are getting them every day.

Items necessary for the Skyscale quest are extremely reliable sellers on the TP. All those people buying treats and lamps balance against your people on various platforms moving on.

Honestly, to me the thing that really answers the complaint is that if you don't like the Skyscale quest, you're probably not going to like much of GW2 after level 80. It's one of the shorter, less costly reward paths in the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

but most people don’t enjoy acquiring it. 

Citation needed.

14 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

outside of this forum, you can find people commenting on various platforms, who saw the skyscale requirements and moved on from this game.

And in my experience, people are more likely to go out of their way to complain than to give praise. Anecdotes are fun.

And if people are turned away by a timegate that can be completed in 12 days, then I really have no sympathy. You deciding it should take a day or two is no less arbitrary than Anet deciding it can be done in 12. Why one or two days? Why not give it to players upon logging in? Get rid of the gate entirely at that point. 

16 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

This game needs to attract new players desperately.

Ah yes, the timeless art of instantaneously giving away items of high value. A surefire way of maximizing player retention.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

if you don't like the Skyscale quest, you're probably not going to like much of GW2 after level 80.

I have thousands of hours logged. I’ve been with the series since OG guild wars. I remember putting my factions poster on my wall when it was released. 

skyskale collection is easily the least enjoyable thing I’ve experienced in my 17 years with the the series. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

According to GW2 efficiency, only approximately 1/3rd of account have unlocked it. This makes it the least unlocked mount. 

And the only reason for that is that players don’t enjoy the collection? I doubt that. 
and least unlocked is not true, turtle is behind skyscale. 

If you don’t enjoy the skyscale collection then don’t do it. No one is forcing you and you don’t absolutely need the skyscale 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Using GW2Efficiency to bolster one's argument when it is only used by a small fraction of the entire player base.  Classic!

I thought you were done two times? 

I’d say the number of players is even lower than 37%, because the average player isn’t going to link their account to gw2 efficiency. 

You’re not making the argument that you think you are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I thought you were done two times? 

I’d say the number of players is even lower than 37%, because the average player isn’t going to link their account to gw2 efficiency. 

You’re not making the argument that you think you are. 

I'm not making any argument.  I was done discussing the topic with you.  I was only pointing out the fallacy of using GW2Efficiency as a valid statistical point of reference.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1