[Suggestions ] Just listen to this guy

52 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And there is the secon point: while i do fully agree with you that people going into strikes/raids should prepare themselves for this, and do their own part, there's a caveat here you seem to miss. It's that people that are not prepared, and not capable or not willing to pull their own weight, should not be pressured/baited into doing that content.

Some people aren't even able to pull their own weight in (even the easier) open world content - flatout refusing to learn the most basic game mechanics. That's not what you call a "choice", that's what you usually call "leeching". And these people are the biggest problem GW2 has since - if you design everything around them - the game will just suck in the long term because the developer is insanely limited in what he can do. Arena Net finally goes in the right direction again with EoD and some people are hopping mad about it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13

43 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Some people aren't even able to pull their own weight in (even the easier) open world content - flatout refusing to learn the most basic game mechanics.

for the sake of what? when? "god" will punish me?

That's not what you call a "choice", that's what you usually call "leeching". And these people are the biggest problem GW2 has since

Problem for who?

- if you design everything around them - the game will just suck in the long term because the developer is insanely limited in what he can do.

Anet is "insanely limited" by other things.

Arena Net finally goes in the right direction again with EoD and some people are hopping mad about it.

Right direction for what?

Nerds should learn, most ppl (aka casuals) aren't subscribed into a race to seem who look more smart on a online game....

im curios about who, when or what will throw itself into abyss because GW2 ins't a "hard game"....,

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Some people aren't even able to pull their own weight in (even the easier) open world content - flatout refusing to learn the most basic game mechanics. That's not what you call a "choice", that's what you usually call "leeching". And these people are the biggest problem GW2 has since - if you design everything around them - the game will just suck in the long term because the developer is insanely limited in what he can do. Arena Net finally goes in the right direction again with EoD and some people are hopping mad about it.

Blaming other, paying customers is naive. Nothing will ever improve if you just blame the majority. And it can not possibly be their fault. Playing a game isn't a job. There is no reason to keep playing besides being entertained. Besides enjoying your time with the game.

If neither the game nor the community makes that part enjoyable enough for the majority to learn and improve in that way, then no amount of challenge will ever solve it. 

Also, side note. I've seen a lot less complaints about or negativity towards strikes or strike CMs when compared to DE or raids. We don't exactly know participation metrics. But it seems ANet is indeed improving in that regard and ANet might be able to expand that part of the late game more in the future! And it also seems that it's not the mere existence of challenge that's turning people sour towards certain content. 

However, you can't expect quick changes and antagonizing the players you want to convert certainly isn't constructive towards that goal.

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Only in "Play as you want" MMO's will people defend themselves not learning the games basic systems, is the same in ESO. It's simply astounding. Even 12 year olds expect you to dribble in Basketball at recess.

A baseless assumption.

I've run all CM raids and the new CM strike. It's not about ability or my willingness to learn.

It's about expecting more of players than they are capable to give. That is not rallying anyone. It's driving players away from the game entirely. 

Enjoying the game is not about how easy or difficult something is. It's how smooth the pacing and how enjoyable the journey is. 

Elden Ring is several times more difficult in terms of requiring good reactions and situational awareness. And yet, as far as I can tell, it's still sold more copies than all GW2 expansions combined (estimating sales via revenue bumps around expansion releases, assuming all increased revenue is expansion sales). Well designed challenge is awesome. Poor progression curves, difficulty bumps and poorly explained systems are not. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Only in "Play as you want" MMO's will people defend themselves not learning the games basic systems, is the same in ESO. It's simply astounding. Even 12 year olds expect you to dribble in Basketball at recess.

its pretty obvious, that most people didnt want to learn the advanced tactics.

so, when they couldnt "play as you want" anymore, they just stopped playing at all

how on earth does that make the game better? 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Even 12 year olds expect you to dribble in Basketball at recess.

Nah. Most 12 years old don't actually know any basketball rules beyond "throw the ball that way". It's exactly the very example of completely unreasonable expectations that i was talking about earlier.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

so, when they couldnt "play as you want" anymore, they just stopped playing at all

The game is "play as you want" not "win as you want"

If you want to get 4 friends, run healing warriors and dps druids into Strikes/other hard content go ahead. 

I'm still flabbergasted that mechanics that pretty much every other mmo expect you to understand by the time you reach max level are considered "advanced tactics" here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

2 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

He isnt commenting about advanced tactics. He is posting about basics like reading what your skills do (as an example). Third grade level stuff there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 12

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I don't think i do. I remember at some points devs let slip how big percentage of active players ever played SPvP or WvW, and it was somewhere around 10% (and notice, how some of those players were PvE players that just visited the PvP content once or twice but weren't really interested in it). There was no such info about instanced content, but i doubt it's much higher than that.

Yeah, you know the devs have all kinds of analytics of who plays where/when/how.  They generally do not share that info... but they certainly have it.  The forums are filled with PvP and WvW complaints, but that is the forums, not the game. If there was a big in-game demand, things would be different.  In most games PvP is just not popular with a majority of the players. 

The devs tried with EoD to introduce a more strike like experience, and it was not well received.  I doubt they will try again any time soon.  Actually it is hard for us to even know how it was overall. On the forums it was not well received. They did make some changes pretty quickly to the turtle etc, so their analytics must have shown them something. 

So many people saying this or that will be popular, when  the devs know what is actually popular...  They will simply spend their development money & time on what is popular.  😎

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

He isnt commenting about advanced tactics. He is posting about basics like reading what your skills do (as an example). Third grade level stuff there.

if its more complicated than hit mobs-collect loot, then it isnt casual anymore. perhaps with an occational dodge here and there.

you may have a different opinion, but the raw numbers show this without any doubt.

do i have to remind you how popular the champ trains were? all those guys actually paid for the game too.

what do you think they told their friends after anet showed them the door?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

The game is "play as you want" not "win as you want"

If you want to get 4 friends, run healing warriors and dps druids into Strikes/other hard content go ahead. 

I'm still flabbergasted that mechanics that pretty much every other mmo expect you to understand by the time you reach max level are considered "advanced tactics" here.

since when is it smart to dupe a paying customer this way? do you think people will pay for the pleasure of losing?

SPECIALLY since it is sold as "casual" and "play as you want". 

casual is a widely used term..the other is anets special catchphrase

if it means, what you think, then it clashes very hard with "casual"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

if its more complicated than hit mobs-collect loot, then it isnt casual anymore. perhaps with an occational dodge here and there.

you may have a different opinion, but the raw numbers show this without any doubt.

do i have to remind you how popular the champ trains were? all those guys actually paid for the game too.

what do you think they told their friends after anet showed them the door?

FFXIV's roleplayers/story enjoyers are apparently on GW2 CM Strike levels of tryhard by this standard. Man who's only meta is matching the bust sizes of his team in a gacha is too hardcore by these standards for GW2.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7

5 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

FFXIV's roleplayers/story enjoyers are apparently on GW2 CM Strike levels of tryhard by this standard. Man who's only meta is matching the bust sizes of his team in a gacha is too hardcore by these standards for GW2.

last time i heard FF was around 700k subs. thats about 10% of the former king of mmos.

if you want to use them as standard, go for it. i have seen much better, than that

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, battledrone.8315 said:

last time i heard FF was around 700k subs. thats about 10% of the former king a mmos.

if you want to use them as standard, go for it. i have seen much better, than that

You know FF is more casual then the former king of mmos right? 

Also a free MMO shouldn't be mocking a sub game with 700k when it has 300k.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

You know FF is more casual then the former king of mmos right? 

Also a free MMO shouldn't be mocking a sub game with 700k when it has 300k.

if it really was more casual, then it should have so many more players...where are they?

it is prolly more casual NOW, but that doesnt say much, specially if you consider blizzards current performance

new world showed us, that the market is more than ready for more good mmo experiences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

new world showed us, that the market is more than ready for more good mmo experiences.

Right, all 25,000 can enjoy it.
https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

if it really was more casual, then it should have so many more players...where are they?

Your right casuals are the answer to huge sales which is why Elden Ring was one of the most successful openworld games ever made outside of GTA.

Edited by TheSeraphim.7413
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

of course it collapsed like a baloon, but it still had over a mio at launch. how would it had done, if it had been a decent game?

they had the wrong game engine (like swtor), and they launched way too early (also like swtor)

without the star wars name to prop it up, its no surprise, that they ended there.

josh hayes and kira made several videos on the bugs and exploits too

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Your right casuals are the answer to huge sales which is why Elden Ring was one of the most successful openworld games ever made outside of GTA.

1: and GTA still wins, because its more casual

2: elden ring cheaters on wemod: 313k subs 

GTA cheaters the same place 940 k subs

RDR2 same place 443 k subs. it all adds up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Raizel.8175 said:

and that why this is the only mmo, that has any important loot in open world content on a timer. all the other devs are smarter

than that. even the new world crew. if people can get easy loot, thats where they will be. 

every. single. time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

I'm not there  every. single. time. so I'll consider that  statement either an exaggeration or false.

I vote 'false'. 

For example HoT has the best loot I have seen ingame, but it is not fun... so I do not play it. EoD has not so good loot, but is tons of fun, so I spend all my time there recently.  😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

I'm not there  every. single. time. so I'll consider that  statement either an exaggeration or false.

sure, people have to work, eat and sleep. but it is no coincidence, that the most played content is

also the most profitable. and this also the only mmo, where the GPH ratio is so important.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I vote 'false'. 

For example HoT has the best loot I have seen ingame, but it is not fun... so I do not play it. EoD has not so good loot, but is tons of fun, so I spend all my time there recently.  😎

awesome, it is good to see a consumer using the product in a responsible and logic way.

fun factor is king. doing the bear dance in wow had no progression and no loot at all,  but i still had fun doing it.

i still miss those bear raves TBH. it was truly epic if you could gather a group of 20 or more.

PS where do you go, when EOD has lost its charm? SW RIBA? HOT ? drizzlewood?

chances are very high, that it will there

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

PS where do you go, when EOD has lost its charm? SW RIBA? HOT ? drizzlewood?

I spend most of time in core, usually.  I have never heard of SW Riba, hated HoT, heard of Drizzlewood... but never been there. 😎

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1