why is Charr still huge in character select?

24 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

because...they're big?

Same reason asura are small

That's unfortunately not the answer. Just compare Charr in character screen to Norns to see the issue. There's just something broken with scaling for that one race, and has been since somewhere before PoF.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's unfortunately not the answer. Just compare Charr in character screen to Norns to see the issue. There's just something broken with scaling for that one race, and has been since somewhere before PoF.

I think that's been their since LAUNCH and had previously thought it had been intentional.

• Like 1

The Charr is not that large on the character creation screen.  The ground is not level.  If you look, the ground is higher on the 2 sides. The Norn is standing in the lowest portion and is the same height as the Charr who is standing on a raised part of the ground. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

The thing that ticks me off about Charr in GW2 is that they're all hunchbacks.

There were upright Charr in GW1 😞

If a cat stood on its back legs it would look like a hunchback that's just how cats are built. if you change it then you would have to fix the animation of them running

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

If a cat stood on its back legs it would look like a hunchback that's just how cats are built. if you change it then you would have to fix the animation of them running

Not a GW1 / Elder Scrolls / Everquest / Tekken / *insert_game_name_here* player then?

And I hate to break it to you, but GW2 isn't real.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will find ANYTHING to pick apart, all while displaying absolutely no sense of irony or humour.

For reference, a Charr Chaot (mesmer) from GW1:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/0f/Charr_mesmer.jpg

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Aw, the cute kitty thinks it's a human!
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Not a GW1 / Elder Scrolls / Everquest / Tekken / *insert_game_name_here* player then?

It never ceases to amaze me how people will find ANYTHING to pick apart, all while displaying absolutely no sense of irony or humour.

I think all these forums are getting to my head and now I'm going to crit everything. I really need to take a break.

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Nah, it wasn't like this originally. It got messed up during one of the character screen reworks.

no lmao, it's not a bug and not wrong and it has been like this since release. The model is just placed a little higher because the terrain isn't even

• Confused 1

When I made my Charr Warrior, it was because Charr are built for warfare, and honestly plant people and cave dwelling midgets are not that enticing as an option.

I don't play it anymore now I'm Norn, but just answering your question.

Edited by Aridon.8362

5 minutes ago, Aridon.8362 said:

When I made my Charr Warrior, it was because Charr are built for warfare, and honestly plant people and cave dwelling midgets are not that enticing as an option.

I don't play it anymore now I'm Norn, but just answering your question.

Heyyyy, don’t mock the asura. My rat happens to be very fond of the surface. You should be careful or we will jump up and bite your knee 👀

• Haha 2

So it might be the case that the ground is higher under the charr, never the less, it doesn’t change the appearance of an enormous silhouette. It is time to address this issue after 10 yrs for the sake of the players, I can’t imagine it’ll be that hard. We’re not asking for an entirely new character select screen 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:25 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

For reference, a Charr Chaot (mesmer) from GW1:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/0f/Charr_mesmer.jpg

Pot meets Kettle, my dude.

• Confused 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:32 AM, Shinya.2598 said:

why is Charr still huge in character select after 10 years?? It is beyond me and looks sooo bad.

LOOK AT ME classes. BIG CHARR + BIG NORN = I stand out the most. Or you get the total opposite and see micro-Asura.