Thank You for the Jade Tech Skiff Skin!

I went looking for a video to see. In the "let's show you the dye channels" portion of the video, the streamer dyed away the green to a really nice silver trim and blue hull.

They then went on to dye with amber, deep red, and radioactive green before hopping in and driving around some more.😬

It is a pretty nice skin.

Remember to dye responsibly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I went looking for a video to see. In the "let's show you the dye channels" portion of the video, the streamer dyed away the green to a really nice silver trim and blue hull.

They then went on to dye with amber, deep red, and radioactive green before hopping in and driving around some more.😬

It is a pretty nice skin.

Remember to dye responsibly.

*Looks at the time me and another person got our turtles, instantly equipped the luminescent turtle skin, and proceeded to make flashbang siege turtles*

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

I spent a good while dyeing it on any alt that would use it.  I love how it feels like one of those incredibly long-hooded 1930's automobiles.  Here's an example in blacks, silvers, and pale blues: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/962856109524258907/976210198098219078/JadeTechSolveig.JPG?width=887&height=588

(Discord image, not embeddable here)

Dyeing does take a little work because there is an odd gradient from keel to gunwale, and two dye channels combine to give you the engine glow.  The deck inlay will always show fairly brightly, even Shadow Abyss is grey.  For some reason Abyssal Sea and another really dark blue cause vivid red lines to appear on the hull.  It can be a little hard to find lighter hues that don't matte out the textures.  But I was able to dye it to my satisfaction on over 20 alts with no two exactly alike and only one on-purpose eyesore (I have a Sylvari who has no sense of color restraint) though several shared similar palettes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1