Legendary Weapon Projectile Replacement

Should legendary weapon projectile replacement have more than one visual for ranged weapon? For example aurene flight changed arrow effect for all dragonhunter longbow skill, eventhough the 2nd and 3rd longbow skill has different arrow which is very big compared to its auto attack and it's kinda dissapointing to execute 2nd and 3rd skill with aurene flight because the projectile is so small it doesn't seems very impactful visually. Kind of regret crafting it now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd prefer the option to toggle projectile effects off. Adding special skill animations for different classes with all the legendaries sounds unrealistic (but then they did it for Exordium). I made Sharur for the Catalyst for example, and would actually prefer the elemental orbs flying around, instead of the hammer ornaments.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's wise to check out the legendary stuff including their effects, before crafting them. I mean it's the most expensive generation to craft. It's like buying a million dollar home from a tour video inside and then realizing after you bought it that there is just a tiny garden around it without the possibility of expanding it.

I understand your regret though, but I doubt Anet will do anything about this. Either you get used to it or you put another skin on it. I mean they were able to put a toggle for legendary trinkets, but that's just the visual effects of the item itself; it doesn't relate to the animations of skills. Somehow I imagine it would be more difficult than the trinkets.

2 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

I'd prefer the option to toggle projectile effects off.

Tbh, with the animations and projectiles of different colors flying around I'd gladly sign up for an option of 'simple projectiles'. I kinda like to see what's going on, some content feels like attending a rave.

Sounds rather unrealistic given that they didn't even bother to give the vast majority of ranged weapons matching projectiles at all. I for once would already be happy if they would add projectile animations as a subcategory for ranged weapons in your wardrobe.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky.4861 said:

Yeah; bifrost projectiles on staff necro feels bad too. If you're disappointed that the lege projectiles are all the same size, an easy fix would be to make lege projectiles scale with the size of the skills' projectile.

Yes this is what I would love to have, scaling with original projectile size. For prestigious item such as legendary I kinda wish they put more effort into it (akin to Arcana quality item from Dota 2) instead of just slapping universal projectile effect and call it a day. Maybe toggle but I believe they already have those in options since I hated throwing legendary weapon as a replacement of projectile effect (zealot defense throwing bolt instead of light energy)