Anet should not full reflect opinions of vocal minority in their patchnotes.

32 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

That's the fun bit! We can see an approximation of that!

I mean, obviously it is a selective stat. The number was shared after the release of EoD which is expected to be a high activity time. And compared to a low point of GW2.

But, the precise percentage isn't the important part about the statement. Because the trend is accurate. Revenue crashed in 2018 to a historic low at the end of 2019. Ever since it's been going upwards. And different to the metrics of a lot of other services or games it wasn't a 2020 burst that's already receding. But it's been going up with steady, continued growth. 

2019 Q1: 16.3, Q2: 15.8, Q3: 15.1, Q4: 11.3

2020 Q1: 12.5, Q2: 15.6, Q3: 18.8, Q4: 14.1 

2021 Q1: 16.3, Q2: 16.0, Q3: 19.1, Q4: 22.2

The last time GW2 was above 20 billion krw was at PoF release for 3 quarters. And before then during HoT release for two quarters. I'm not even making any jokes when I say that for the first time GW2 has displayed consistent growth. The history of GW2 is pretty much an expansion followed by a steady (or very sharp) decrease. With the 2020 pandemic they gained momentum upwards and kept it far longer than most other companies managed.

So, exaggerated? Yes.

Revenue growth is up by only about 30% compared to 2019. Q4 2018 vs Q4 2022 is up by a bit over 40%. Sounds like there's either a lot of new players who aren't buying much yet. Or a bunch of people who got a free copy and aren't sure about spending anything yet. Or selective reporting by ANet. But the growth is there. We can see it. In a context where they really can not lie or twist the truth.

Returning veterans who have already bought everything they are interested in could produce results such as you describe where player count goes up at a greater rate than revenue.

But I was only commenting on my belief that vavue references to active player count changes should be taken with a grain of salt because they are a form of marketing speak. Revenue numbers are something else entirely, something perhaps more important, and something generally more regulated in terms of reporting and so, perhaps, less open to sleight of hand.

19 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

Anet wants to make money like any other business.

Doesn't seem that way for a lot of their decisions.

• Extremely conservative covered head to toe skins/outfits
  •  Waste time, resources and money to create outfits, have then sit in the DATS for years only to remove them later
  • Designing and balancing all their game modes around < 50 people
  • Waste resources, time, and money on end game content such as raids and now the new strikes and giving them extremely poor rewards
  • Add very little to the cash shop even compared to monthly sub MMOs, F2P ones add 10x the amount of items Anet does, if not more
Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2