Getting sick and tired of Volunteer's Blessing

Before the release of EOD things were already bad... you join a map and within a second you are asked to leave the map for a "better" (more populated version of that) map. Why did the game put me in an instance of a map that the game wants to close?

But since the release of EOD things gets out of hand. Every #$%@^ 5 minutes i get terrorized by that popup, asking me to move to a "better" instance of that map, which often turns out to be more empty instance than the one i was in (especially in Canthan maps).

I understand that this system is needed for the megaserver system to work, but IMO the current system it's failing big time. It's more annoying than helpful and i know that it's ruining MY game  experience...

Is there really no better solution that the current #$%@^ system? 🤬

Edited by GODh.3892
typos
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I used to blame (failing) meta's too, but currently it's more like "lately it feels like i'm switching maps more than i'm playing.", which i translated with "every 5 minutes". That's a lot more than just meta's....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know this is mor a bandaid than a real solution. BUt you don't need do change maps immediately. There is a timer, 1h i think was it, which you have to just play on the map you are on before it gets fully closed for you.

I know it's super annoying, but with this way you can avoid getting every now and then this message. And as you say, the maps you are on, are often way lively than the new maps who first needs to be filled.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I know that you have 1 hour to chose if you want to accept Volunteer's Blessing or not... and often that is enough. I have more characters that i can play and i parked the less-played characters on useful spots where i can farm chest or nodes, to make those chars more useful (to get some extra materials or cash). Those characters are affected as well (somehow its a bit less annoying, probably because i use many of those characters less than 1 minute per day).

But i also play some of those characters  to open up maps, get extra hero points, experiment with new builds and/or getting extra xp to level up my account. And i really hate getting that popup over and over again... ending  up in a similar empty map, with only a few other players.

IMO there should be better ways to deal with this.... somehow.

Edited by GODh.3892
typos
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Very odd.  I rarely encounter this in Cantha maps, or elsewhere.  Perhaps, it is related to the hours you play? 

That's very well possible... i am an EU player who often plays  in the evening. But tbh i think that  should NOT matter. Why terrorize us more than "normal" players?

Edited by GODh.3892
typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Its funny how that exact same thing happens so often in PoF maps for so long now, mainly due to bounty trains, and now the same thing is happening often in Canthan maps, they really didn't learn their lessons from PoF maps did they. Gotta love how HoT maps are still more popular 😄

So many people called this. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

I’ve completed a surprising amount of group content lately by ignoring the prompt to change maps.

I used to assume once I got the prompt there was no chance of enough players staying to do anything, but I’ve completed metas and bounties well after telling the map switch prompt to leave me alone. Turns out there are plenty of other players ignoring the prompt. Sometimes, due to scaling, events actually go more smoothly.

It has also made it very easy to get race  achievements. 😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

I still feel it should last 30 minutes after disengaging from a boat, and stick to the player as they change maps, is a skill we earned and feels like anet punishes us by not giving us that freedom. 

(I edit this now to clarify I just noticed I read wrong this threat and thought was about the fishing bonus, I sincerely apologize for the mistake and confusion)

Edited by Zauriel Mooncat.4968
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1