we need Untamed pet control on every Ranger spec

Split this in for PvE and PvP/WvW, give pve players a controlled autocast, like how the pets already work but that you can enable/disable it. (the expierince can be only better, you can always adept but never have to)
Don't bring this for pvp,  in pvp everyone should use their petskills manualy, it will increase the skillcap and the potential for non untamed ranger builds and would be in my opinion a QoL that is needed since years. I am Happy that untamed has it, because it shows that it exists but i rly wish that we get this on ranger in general.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

No we don't.

I'd prefer more pet positioning options over having to micro manage every single pet when some skills are just bland damage (like Feline Bite/Drake Chomp).
Unless all pets are reworked so all the usable skills actually give value with the right timing in PvE.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Yeah not sure it matters. 

Only done open world PvE but pets are all but useless there, and most times are a handicap.  So more control wouldn't do anything there as 99% of people just perma-merge and call it a day.

For competitive, usually you just want the CC off the pet or the F2 (i.e. smoke field).  The other skills aren't too useful in general unless they are a CC+ pet like smokescale (has CC and has smoke field), or are a double CC pet like Gazelle (Charge and Headbutt).  By and large though most pet skills are useless so the micromanaging doesn't really translate.

Even then, full control feels like Untamed only thing as its the only spec that works with the pet.  Even more than Core which only worked with pet out of necessity--Untamed actually uses synergy.  So leaving full control there is probably fine, and then fixing up the other specs...someday...

No, please, no. 
It needs a lot more refining, have they added in auto-cast? The pet AI itself still needs large improvements so they can actually hit their targets. All this would do is cause everyone to play SB and just stay merged. 
One of the worst parts to me about Untamed, is that the pet is "tamed" and controllable. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Untamed's ability to micro-manage pet skills, but I don't think it would be good to open that up to all classes.  It's one of the things that makes Untamed unique.

What I would like to see changed across all specializations is the ability to attack while moving.  Players can do it, and I think pets should be able to do it too.  It would make them feel less clunky and allow them to have a better role in combat.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:01 PM, Avatar.3568 said:

Split this in for PvE and PvP/WvW, give pve players a controlled autocast, like how the pets already work but that you can enable/disable it. (the expierince can be only better, you can always adept but never have to)
Don't bring this for pvp,  in pvp everyone should use their petskills manualy, it will increase the skillcap and the potential for non untamed ranger builds and would be in my opinion a QoL that is needed since years. I am Happy that untamed has it, because it shows that it exists but i rly wish that we get this on ranger in general.

no thank you. 

• Like 1

Tbh i think core ranger should have full pet control and 2 pets.

SLB should have no pet and access to two sets of pet skill sets.

Druid should not have full pet control but without current stat penalty. 

Untamed should have acccess to full pet control but only one pet.

I think that, plus a thourough pet rework with stat scaling, skin + skill customization as well as a pet balance pass across the board would finally give ranger a solid base to work on to bring it up to speed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

Tbh i think core ranger should have full pet control and 2 pets.

SLB should have no pet and access to two sets of pet skill sets.

Druid should not have full pet control but without current stat penalty. 

Untamed should have acccess to full pet control but only one pet.

I think that, plus a thourough pet rework with stat scaling, skin + skill customization as well as a pet balance pass across the board would finally give ranger a solid base to work on to bring it up to speed.

What happens when Untamed's pet gets nuked 😂.  You take a bad spec and make it worse by limiting it to one pet--unless that one pet is also invulnerable somehow.

This change would also make Soulbeast vastly OP because you can get two sets of CC, or one set of CC and super mobility for free.  All without having to have any penalty for pet being out and potentially downed, and not having to worry about merge / unmerge, as you just get everything free by 'internally swapping'.  Basically what I'm saying is, right now if you want two CC sets you have to unmerge to get that CC and lose personal stats for a bit.    

Change for Druid doesn't really net to anything either, as it'd get a pet stat buff and do the same thing as always, just use F2 for CC.  Which is fine by me, but not sure that's what was intended here.

Core would be whatever, two fully controllable turds are still turds.  

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What happens when Untamed's pet gets nuked 😂.  You take a bad spec and make it worse by limiting it to one pet--unless that one pet is also invulnerable somehow.

This change would also make Soulbeast vastly OP because you can get two sets of CC, or one set of CC and super mobility for free.  All without having to have any penalty for pet being out and potentially downed, and not having to worry about merge / unmerge, as you just get everything free by 'internally swapping'.  Basically what I'm saying is, right now if you want two CC sets you have to unmerge to get that CC and lose personal stats for a bit.    

Change for Druid doesn't really net to anything either, as it'd get a pet stat buff and do the same thing as always, just use F2 for CC.  Which is fine by me, but not sure that's what was intended here.

Core would be whatever, two fully controllable turds are still turds.  

For untamed, unleashing could simply revive your pet, or the heal could do that.

Soulbeast would not be vastly OP. Sure they would have access to more mobility and Cc, but they would lsoe stealth from SS. Additionally, the pet skills could now be balanced more easily for competitive modes without hampering pet diversity, as pretty much all pets could be viable for SLB. Further SLB would lose a pet taht serves as a passive damage and CC source, which is significant in many regards.

The intend for druid is that druid pet stat nerf is absolute BS. Pet stats should scale from ranger stats and the scaling amount should depend on archetype. Druid pet stat nerfs came to be because bunker druids had glass cannon pets and ppl could not handle pets. The stat nerf only harmed druid build diversity without giving a proper trade off. With no pet control, druids would need to rely on the AI which would be a tradeoff in its own right but would also give back some build diversity.

Pets on their own need generally an update such that core pets can be as useful as expansion pets. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1