winds of disenchantment does nothing in pvp

Lighter.5631

i assume it worked in wvw, because there's a trillion boon rip, so incoming boon duration -100% works.

in PvP, people just jumping in and out of the bubble with a crap tons of boons and does literally nothing to them, maybe remove 2-3 boons, and what? nothing

there's nothing in the bubble that's really pressure anyone except the fact that they are getting removed 2-3 boons with this 90 seconds cooldown skill which they can instantly reply  by walking out of the bubble.

willbender's crashing courage gives  aegis, stab, resistance, resolution, protection swiftness with 25 seconds cooldown, they can literally just apply this skill outside and rush in and completely ignore the entire bubble

and then there's power rev, who hardly relies on boons stacking barely cares the missing 5 seconds of vigor

to melees, either you apply so much boons you don't care, or you don't rely on boons enough to make it noticeable

and then to range, it's just a 5 second projectile with a 90 seconds cooldown.

it is basically worth less, unless you pair with break enchantment, but why you even need to sacrifice one utility slot to make an elite skill at least worth something

right now, in pvp, i'd rather have this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrosive_Poison_Cloud then winds.

and why does it have a 1 1/2 sec cast time for such weak effects, that means you just standing 1 1/2 seconds in the open and taking all the damage..because u want to plant it on the enemies

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'm guessing this is just another symptom of the boon spew the current game suffers from.

I'm beginning to think there should be a low-cap maximum on the number of boons players can have on them, it's getting so bad.

i mean doesn't matter, classes that hardly relies on boons will hardly notice the effect either.

either your enemy rely on boons or not, the effect are both pretty worthless for the 90 seconds cooldown.

for example, melee classes that doesnt rely on stab or boons, thief/rev/ranger/necro etc, hardly matters to them, maybe some damage shave from removal of fury, might. but doesn't effect their overall performance at all.

Edited by Lighter.5631

The skill was made absolutely worthless with the last nerf. It was already bad before but now anyone defending this is just delusional. The skill was nerfed from 10 man cap to 5 man cap... from 10 sec duration to 5 sec duration... from removing a boon every 1/2 sec to only every sec and now again nerfed so it doesn't even prevent boon application anymore.

This skill was the perfect counter to the boon blob guilds that rely only on stacking and spamming boons. In pvp this skill was (even in it's "unnerfed" state) always just mediocre but after the last nerf it's actually a troll pick. Playing without an elite skill is the same as picking winds..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Arenanet went out of their way to nerf this ability and make sure it doesn't do anything meaningful, in order to cripple Warrior a bit more.

Of course it does nothing meaningful anymore.

I think it was to appease someone or a group, I can't remember the details of the rumor.

But yea, anet had put forth effort to nerf it for no reason. I wish they added something to spellbreaker for "balance" but nope. They just gave a shout heals a boost. Oh, joy.

i mean i'm happy that winds is not "required" like banner in wvw anymore

so we can actually talk about how weak it is overall without combo with break enchantment or a group of necros or healers following you at all times.

this skill not doing any damage also bothers me

• Like 1

You can blame the wvw boon blobs and their insipid guilds and commanders for the state of WoD. They squealed to ANet to nerf it because their squads were getting countered and wiped by it. (There can be no other reasonable explanation) It's literally, "nerf this situational skill because I'm losing to it" mentality. Same thing happened to ele's Meteor Shower....

• Like 5