thought i would show my untamed build

trunks.5249

since there isnt many builds out there i thought i would show what i have been using. i wanted a balance of power and survivability and came up with this feel free to say what you think would make it better http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEI6MssAmKrlxycxRXqNWVy5uD-zRRYVBXmUzKkCigMThKKAdHA-e have to say having boons almost100% of the time is nice 

Edited by trunks.5249

Strength of the pack! and heal as one
Forest fortification is good against chill, blind or immobilise, but Strength of the pack!, hunter's call, split blade, we heal as one gives you a lot of might. 
farsighted is better, than moment of clarity. timing the pet's attack is very hard.
Hunter's gaze will give a lot of might to your pet. (with fortifying bond)

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

How you gonna ask for good hammer builds then show a build anyway 😂

easy Variety i mean there are tons of builds for other specializations. but not many for untamed. the more builds out there mean more build ideas people will get to take something they like from a build they see play it change somethings and make it their own. only reason i came up with this one is because while looking and asking about builds i notice people having problems with  sustain come up alot. granted i might of over done it but now there is one out there

8 hours ago, enkeny.6937 said:

Strength of the pack! and heal as one
Forest fortification is good against chill, blind or immobilise, but Strength of the pack!, hunter's call, split blade, we heal as one gives you a lot of might. 
farsighted is better, than moment of clarity. timing the pet's attack is very hard.
Hunter's gaze will give a lot of might to your pet. (with fortifying bond)

thanks for the feed back ill test them out

I assume that's for regular open world/story and I'll be honest - that build is bad. Like ... very bad.

It's all over the place and can't do anything well. It's tanky, sure, but the dmg is abyssmal and that means mobs live longer and deal more dmg to you. Which is completely unneccessary.

If you want to use hammer - which works fine for open world PvE - focus on power dmg only. Anything invested into that little bit of bleeding from axe is a waste. Ideally full zerk, adding some marauder is ofc fine. Runes like pack or eagle are decent. If you feel the need to, you can also run defensive ones like dura or dolyak. But don't be scared of being too squishy on untamed. It is innately a rather durable spec and the faster mobs die, the less dmg you take. Always keep that in mind.

This is what i ran for EOD story/OW and it was melting stuff left and right while never really being in danger of dieing. It has everything you need, condi cleanse, stun break, projectile blocks, mobility, decent healing, dmg reduction, boons, cc ... and ofc dmg. Just don't forget to spam your cc to recharge your skills. You can use axe/wh with this instead of sword/axe (or dual axe), that's no problem. If you want to go more tanky (but again, remember, dead mobs don't deal dmg to you) add some marauder or another defensive utility skill first. Taking nature magic should be a last resort. I'd drop marksmanship in that case and keep skirmishing. So you end up with something like this. I wouldn't go more defensive. You just lose out on so much dmg.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is mine, although it is still currently untested in it's complete form. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEcEWoMDmKrlxycxU7SNaXy9CD-zRRYwR3eOsyIiUtiqyyTQI/t87yG-e

I've only played with a core variant using Marksmanship and Command skills instead of Untamed and Cantrips as I don't have the spec unlocked on the specific character I will be using it on yet.

I will note though that this is a heavily themed build, the objective being to invest entirely into the Untamed's core Beastmastery and Nature Magic concept of a spec designed to share power between Pet and Ranger.

So this build focuses heavily on self buffing and sharing boons between Pet and Ranger Via "We Heal as One" and Fortifying Bond to increase overall damage output and survivability for both Ranger and Pet alike.

Mines half ascended marauder other half ascended  assassin i know its odd given most go berserker full, but i use longbow a lot and thought a high crit chance build be pretty good even without the dps. I hope anet buffs everything for more build diversity and gives Untamed more pve love soon. I never liked Soul Beast so i want to see this class with longbow/hammer have more attention for end game content. I favor the longbow so figured high crit chance be a viable set up. 

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631

Tbh you can run full berserker with Fireworks runes (or pack if you lack the money). Take defensive traits for survivability. This will allow for quick kills but also enough survivability against bigger threats.

Take Nature Magic and Marksmanship. NM will give you more boons (you can stack them by using the elite and then the heal, dont worry you will have enough survivability without an upfront heal). Marksmanship will give you more regen uptime (swap pets regularly) and also more damage against CCed enemies. Use purification for condi cleanses and protect me for stunbreak. Also when you hit the elite its absolutely great to have WH ready to hit with the birds to get th elite faster back.

Go Hammer + Sw/WH with a LB in the backhand when you need more range.

Could look something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEIiNsMDWIjltycxxXqNaVy9eD-zRIYRUzfGprCaZKo4B-e

The pets are just a suggestion, but overall use something that helps complement your kit.

Lastly, this is a general build guideline i can give. Go ham on offensive stats, take defensive traits for survivability. Keep a ranged weapon on the back hand as melee does more damage but range is convenient. Take runes to iron out anything you need to cover like boons or bonus effects.

Cheers.

Here is a Open World quickness build I have been trying to tweak as an Untamed.  100% quickness uptime and high boon uptime for everything else.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POzEEiNsMDmKrl1xcxx3SNeVy9SD-zRRYwRNH9cQLnSjKgMFBdLBCXII2phEXaA-e

Using FF to bring down the high cool downs from the Quickness bestowing utility skills. GS has two disables, sword ambush is a disable as well as leap finisher with wyvern electric field, and warhorn 5 is a disable, as well as Spores (which are easy to land in OW).  It would be swell if Nature's Cantrip counted as a disable as well, but alas. It has plenty of might generation and the sustain is lovely as well. 

Expensive to rig for me so if anyone has some recommendations (other than not to play Untamed 😀) I'd be appreciative for the feedback.

21 hours ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

Expensive to rig for me so if anyone has some recommendations (other than not to play Untamed 😀) I'd be appreciative for the feedback

You are overinvesting into quickness and giving up too much other things. Untamed has pretty decent quickness uptime by default, since you gain it from cc and that's something you want to spam anyway.

What i'd recommed: Zerk over Diviner gear -> much more dmg (and cheaper). Pack over Firebrand runes -> much better stats and instant boons so you don't have to waste time prebuffing and can start smashing mobs right away (also cheaper).  OH axe instead of WH -> more cc (= more quickness) and much more dmg. Skirm instead of BM -> more dmg and another quickness source from sword trait. Hammer > GS because of more cc and better aoe dmg. Your choice of utility skills is ok, tho i'd probably use frost trap over Nature's Binding to make sure the dmg bonus from Predator's Onslaught is active. If that's not enough qickness for you i'd consider adding Celerity and/or Rage sigil before making other changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

You are overinvesting into quickness and giving up too much other things. Untamed has pretty decent quickness uptime by default, since you gain it from cc and that's something you want to spam anyway.

What i'd recommed: Zerk over Diviner gear -> much more dmg (and cheaper). Pack over Firebrand runes -> much better stats and instant boons so you don't have to waste time prebuffing and can start smashing mobs right away (also cheaper).  OH axe instead of WH -> more cc (= more quickness) and much more dmg. Skirm instead of BM -> more dmg and another quickness source from sword trait. Hammer > GS because of more cc and better aoe dmg. Your choice of utility skills is ok, tho i'd probably use frost trap over Nature's Binding to make sure the dmg bonus from Predator's Onslaught is active. If that's not enough qickness for you i'd consider adding Celerity and/or Rage sigil before making other changes.

Thank you for the input. Those changes are a bit too glassy for my skill level (even for open world lol) maybe marauders? Is concentration wasted on a build like this?

59 minutes ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

Thank you for the input. Those changes are a bit too glassy for my skill level (even for open world lol) maybe marauders? Is concentration wasted on a build like this?

Zerk Untamed isn't really more glassy than diviners since the latter has zero defensive stats too and you don't have that many defensive boons. The tankyness of Untamed comes mostly from the dmg reduction trait as well as the ability to reset defensive cooldowns (and you get some extra vitality for free). But ofc marauder's is perfectly fine.

I wouldn't say boon duration is always completely wasted on Untamed but you have to weight gain and trade-off and most of the time it isn't really worth it. Most relevant boons (fury, quickness) are relatively easy capped on Untamed. Might and stab would probably benefit the most from boon duration, but are a few stacks more (of might) worth the loss of dmg stats from going full diviners? Not really. I'd look at diviner's as support gear more than solo gear because having a single player with less dmg when it means maxing out boons on an entire grp is a different story than directly trading dmg for boon duration as you do in a solo situation. Another thing to consider is that many ow mobs die very fast so fights might end before the extra boon duration kicks in.

Generally i wouldn't invest too much into boon duration for ow builds unless it is a build that utilizes cele well, because running cele basically comes with no downsides. Unfortunately Untamed doesn't synergize very well with cele.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1

i think ranger runes could be interesting, druid doesnt realy make use of them because its heal and boon oriented, but untamed can make pretty good use of them in my opinion, maybe even being a cheaper choice from scholar runes, and who knows, if untamed gets buffed on the 28 maybe it would be worth using rangers instead of scholars for power dmg