What I Wish Someone Told Me When I Started PvP

Yerlock.4678

Guardian                 <- Yes/Always                     Maybe/Yes                               Maybe/No->         Warrior

Revenant                                                              Engineer                                                            Elementalist

Necro                                                                                                                                                 Mesmer

Thief                                                                                                                                                   Ranger

This is overall btw in the game's history, not just recently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Let me translate.

OP as kitten

• Guard
  • Necro
  • Rev
  • Thief

Its kinda ok

• Engi

Only pick if you wanna loose

• Warrior
  • Ele
  • Mesmer
  • Ranger

I disagree. The only auto lose classes are warrior and mesmer. Elementalist is at least A-tier and Ranger is the best class in the game by a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Poelala.2830 said:

I disagree. The only auto lose classes are warrior and mesmer. Elementalist is at least A-tier and Ranger is the best class in the game by a bit.

Just to clarify. Thats not MY opinion, its just the more readable version of OPs list.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gmmg.9210 said:

I know good Mesmers have always been more rare on NA, but Mesmer and specifically Portal was a long time fixture on EU for high tier ranked and tournament play. Portal plays decided entire matches.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Someone clearly wasn't here when d/d cele ele, support tempest, hammer warrior, support druid or chronobunker was meta.

ahh yes, hammer war, that's basically a trillion years ago.

i like how you bring up a build from almost 10 years ago which only lasted for less then 5 months as an example for the viability of warrior.👍

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

ahh yes, hammer war, that's basically a trillion years ago.

i like how you bring up a build from almost 10 years ago which only lasted for less then 5 months as an example for the viability of warrior.👍

Christ, someone really needs to start  group therapy for warriors

My post was in regards to the OP's insinuation that ele, ranger, mesmer and warrior have never been meta. Not about what warrior is like right now, so calm down.

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Christ, someone really needs to start  group therapy for warriors

My post was in regards to the OP's insinuation that ele, ranger, mesmer and warrior have never been meta. Not about what warrior is like right now, so calm down.

I'm not sure where in the OP's insinuation stated that these classes were NEVER EVER meta. lol, you are reading out of nothing.

i guess now i'm not allowed to laugh at any fails, because i would be labeled as uncalm.

you are the one who should calm down and stop being so sensitive with your own fail.😂

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

I'm not sure where in the OP's insinuation stated that these classes were NEVER EVER meta. lol, you are reading out of nothing.

Right here

13 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

I'd say necro has like 50% presence in the meta throughout GW2 history. Guard is a bit more. And thief is the only class was almost always in the meta. But I might be wrong.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Right here

I'd say necro has like 50% presence in the meta throughout GW2 history. Guard is a bit more. And thief is the only class was almost always in the meta. But I might be wrong.

I can’t think of a time when necro wasn’t meta or wasn’t run by every team in every AT/mAT

• Thanks 1