Virtuoso : Condi or Power ?

EraZorus.5892

As you may guess from the title,  I am a bit confused about what to do with my Virtuoso build right now. I see a lot of Condi builds out there on the meta and next to no Power DPS build. So my question is : Is Condi Virtuoso really that much better than Power Virtuoso and could you explain me why ?

Don't know if you're talking pve pvp wvw... 

As far as I know hybrid is the way to go pve (vipers). 

As for competitive modes, power is inferior in every mes spec since all that was good was nerf and power is nothing but a one trick pony. Condi has more sustain and more sustain damage. With that said condi Virt is a one trick pony as well. Dodge F2 and you are halfway there to win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Condi Virt is easier to play in PvE since most of your skills provide bleeding via Jagged Mind.  You can faceroll most content and be fine, even top DPS.  However it does require the proper build, gear and runes in order to operate correctly.  Power is fine but it tends to lag behind Condi in DPS checks and ease of use so it gets less attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They have both their uses tbh.

PvE wise, Condi is strictly better on its own, but there are several bosses (Raids, Fractals, Open World) where condi is awful, and you’d better play Power.

WvW, condi Virtuoso is basically unkillable in 1vs1, and you can duel vs pretty much anybody. But it takes a long, long time to kill them, so if they are nearby towers/keeps they can just run away. Power is worse in a vacuum, but with the proper Power gear/traits you can ambush almost anybody, and kill them very quickly. Power cannot really outsustain any condi spec, so if you fail the kill you’d better stealth and try again, instead of going toe to toe vs them. In my experience, Power is extremely good in 1vs1 situations but pretty much useless when more people shows up and/or when the area has no positioning advantages to take.

PvP, honestly, they are both meh.

• Thanks 2

On 5/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Don't know if you're talking pve pvp wvw... 

As far as I know hybrid is the way to go pve (vipers). 

As for competitive modes, power is inferior in every mes spec since all that was good was nerf and power is nothing but a one trick pony. Condi has more sustain and more sustain damage. With that said condi Virt is a one trick pony as well. Dodge F2 and you are halfway there to win. 

Rampager in pve. you need precision. maybe some viper pieces if you're crit capped

I think they meant for solo pve. In that case, you definitely want higher precision, since you won’t be relying on banners nor spotter. (And you still up your Rampager pieces in many pve end game content, since you won’t necessarily have those).

3 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I don't play pve nor care about it, with that said, SC condi Virt only use 2 Rampager pieces, the rest is a mix between vipers and sinister. 

SC still thinks that everybody runs around with spotter 100% of the time and uses expensive writs. Normal people will need more rampager pieces. But in open world Power is far better anyway.

• Like 1