I asked for Taimi to die 4 years ago.

Aodlop.1907

Taimi is a part of Destiny's Edge 2.0 and the brain of the group, much like Zojja was before "retiring".

Everyone seems to agree that she has to die for plot reasons but a bigger question would be; who is going to replace her and how will it affect the group dynamic afterwards? Taimi has been instrumental in pushing the plot forward since LS2, perhaps more so than any other Destiny's Edge member,  without her (or someone like her) adventuring just won't be the same. 

Edited by IvoryOwl.3275

On 5/28/2022 at 9:11 PM, Tyncale.1629 said:

She will probably magically fuse with the last Dragon when she dies and thus live on forever, in a way.  I would be surprised if they would not cushion the blow of her death  in some way. Or give it some sort of extra meaning. They couldn't let Aurene die, they are not going to just let Taimi go with a puff of smoke. 

I do not see them do a repeat of the Eir Stegalkin funeral wake, even though that was pretty cool (and brave from Anet). 

I assume she'll do like Blish and merge with Scruffy.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I see this thread got necroed again.

For those who are new, Taimi basically has Muscular Dystophy, I recommend learning about it!

https://www.webmd.com/children/what-is-muscular-dystrophy

The TL;DR is, Taimi's likely not close to death yet, being only in the middle stages of the illness. But there will come a point where she'll need to be taken care of 24/7, and will effectively be permanently retired. People in real life can still live many years beyond that point, however.

For clarity, what Taimi has is never specified in-game in any form. And this was intentional. What's said in-game is just that it's a degenerative disease that began in her legs. There aren't many places her issue is explained, it's mainly here, which better be part of Battle for Lion's Arch re-release or so help me Taimi won't be in Season 1 and the primary purpose of the LWS1 return will have failed:

PC: Are you injured? What happened to your legs?

Taimi: I was born this way. My legs were never strong enough to carry me very far. Don't pity me, though. I hate pity. And I don't need it because I do just fine for myself.

PC: I can see that. Can your legs be cured?

Taimi: That remains to be seen. The degenerative effects of my condition may spread to other parts of my body as I get older, but for now it's just the legs.

PC: How far can you walk?

Taimi: I can get in and out of Scruffy when I need to. For example, I can walk from my bedroom to the water closet. Just don't ask me to be your partner in a dance marathon.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists_(living_world)#Talk_to_Braham_in_the_Edge_of_the_Mists.

But outside of the game, Angel McCoy established that it's a general state bone degenerative disease.

As she said, they intentionally didn't want to apply a name to it, she just labels it as a "degenerative bone condition".

17 hours ago, IvoryOwl.3275 said:

Taimi is a part of Destiny's Edge 2.0 and the brain of the group, much like Zojja was before "retiring".

Everyone seems to agree that she has to die for plot reasons but a bigger question would be; who is going to replace her and how will it affect the group dynamic afterwards? Taimi has been instrumental in pushing the plot forward since LS2, perhaps more so than any other Destiny's Edge member,  without her (or someone like her) adventuring just won't be the same. 

Well, most of Dragon's Watch seems retiring at the end of End of Dragons, and we got a handful of newbies introduced that could end up being replacing figures.

As for who can be the brains, we got four candidates introduced, really: Gorrik, Joon, Yao, and Chul-Moo.

3 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Well, most of Dragon's Watch seems retiring at the end of End of Dragons, and we got a handful of newbies introduced that could end up being replacing figures.

As for who can be the brains, we got four candidates introduced, really: Gorrik, Joon, Yao, and Chul-Moo.

I'd just as well switch between Taimi and Gorrik. Can't say I'm a fan of "Mostly friendly" Yao or Joon "I'll prevent the end of the world by my self" (Not entirely convinced Chul-Moo would actually been in the running, being a ruthless gang leader and all, and my money's on that remaining his status quo for the time being).

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I'd just as well switch between Taimi and Gorrik. Can't say I'm a fan of "Mostly friendly" Yao or Joon "I'll prevent the end of the world by my self" (Not entirely convinced Chul-Moo would actually been in the running, being a ruthless gang leader and all, and my money's on that remaining his status quo for the time being).

Well, Chul-Moo does mention thinking of moving to Tyria/Elona with jade tech to avoid conflicts with Xunlai Jade, which makes him a pretty good chance of being involved in future non-Canthan plots.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Well, Chul-Moo does mention thinking of moving to Tyria/Elona with jade tech to avoid conflicts with Xunlai Jade, which makes him a pretty good chance of being involved in future non-Canthan plots.

Do you think we'll see more of Elona? I mean, I'd love to have a few more places on that map filled in...

people act like killing characters is some insane concept. it aint. they are narrative devices and at this point in the story, they are all completely disposable. Its not edgy or toxic to want some kind of sense of reality to the story. people die when they get put in perilous situations. is it so bad to respect that concept when making a story? New characters are easy to create and I'm fully ready for them.

Edited by Fipmip.7219
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fipmip.7219 said:

people act like killing characters is some insane concept. it aint. they are narrative devices and at this point in the story, they are all completely disposable. Its not edgy or toxic to want some kind of sense of reality to the story. people die when they get put in perilous situations. is it so bad to respect that concept when making a story? New characters are easy to create and I'm fully ready for them.

Killing characters isn't an issue.

It's when people are lazy as hell and use "KILL IT" as an answer for every single character they don't like in even the slightest way.

"That person didn't praise me when I stopped the ogre. They should just die."

• Thanks 3