Remember when ANET had a design philosophy? Minstrel blobs and other kitten leading this game to death.

jul.7602

4 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Way to miss the point (I expected more from so-called "omnipotence"). What I said was that boon-sharing trivializes skillful gameplay in favor of mere proximity.

Is analyzing a fight and appropriately supporting allies not skillful? I am not skilled if I predict an enemies dodge and my ally's follow up and give him an extra 12 might and fury to slap the enemy harder with? Am I not skillful if I see my enemy trying to CC lock my ally so I stun-break them and give them stab so they can dodge away?

No? It's only skillful if big numbers appear on screen? Got it.

And just because I'm sure it'll come up as a counter, I and most group players I talk to dislike pure passivity from boons IE things like facets. That doesn't make boon sharing innately passive nor skill-less, just transcends the individual players interests and timing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I'm just going to say this: BOON SHARING NEEDS TO DISAPPEAR. NOW.

That practically rewards the simple low-bar act of sticking together. It needs to go.

Boon sharing is fine and adds teamwork. Boons need to be greatly reduced in power or duration(I'm talking -75% to either).

A "major" defensive CD in other MMO's are ~20-30s duration on a 5 minute cooldown for 20-30% DR. In this game you have perma 33% DR, wtf?

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

rather u just miss any point, gueva... skillful gameplay was terminated by nerfing groupdmg / aoes constantly, while all the smallscale stuff is mostly untouched, and also condibursts and cc spam, are huge so yeah idk

boonsharing and heals/cleanses is the only way to not make this gamemode a pure clownfiesta. if that stuff gets even more disrupted than it is yet, only numbers will count at last.

and really, that would be the death sentence of any skill. its not skillful to beat 1 guy with 3 ppl or 15 with 40.

which cannot be used in defense of the rambo solo glasscannons by the way, as ur not meant to solo 15 people alone. that's also not boonballing, that's just absurd self overconfidence

First off, I was not even referring to you in the first place so I don't know where this is coming from. Second, collective boon sharing, heals and cleanses among squads are among THE reasons why zergs run roughshod over everything in wvw and driving people out of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

heals and cleanses among squads are among THE reasons why zergs run roughshod over everything in wvw and driving people out of the game.

Yeah, and Anet is designing WvW for them. They're leaving/growing bored and being replaced by no one because the only people who like this games WvW design are already playing it.

The game mode is just going to continue down this slow downward spiral until Anet wakes up and starts making a game more than 0.01% of mmo pvp players want. It doesn't have to be catering to the masses, but how about the MAJORITY of MMO pvpers? The player base this mode is for(mmo pvpers) doesn't want to touch it - that's a massive problem.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

That practically rewards the simple low-bar act of sticking together. It needs to go.

Rather than boon sharing, Arenanet should drastically cut down on the boon vomiting that's going on.

And maybe increase the range of boon sharing, while cutting out most of the boon application, so stacking together will be less "needed".

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

they should not scrap Boonsharing.... 

Imo all they need to do is shave Concentrations performance from 15stats=1% to 21 stats=1%.   this simply tones down boons a tiny bit. 

we can go from there and see if its enough.

From my experience what makes WvW combat feel sluggish at times is, that almost everyone is rocking Concentration.... be it, Diviner,Celestial,Minstrel, or whatever...  Concentration scales the value of utilityskills or things like the Harbingerultimate WAYYY to much. When you are rocking Celestial for example you get 40% more value out of your Harbinger ultimate... simply because it lasts 40% longer... THAT IS HUUGE! Some defenseutilityskills simply give important boons, and therefore Concentration directly scales how effective these defenseutilityskills are. 

Concentration simply has too much value in a game that evolves mainly around having boons. For example if you play a full power build lets say Marauder... you have the option to swap some pieces with diviner. On paper you are trading damage for more boons.... well... that is actually not true in alot of cases. Having the few extra might/quickness/fury, will actually result in a build that has more offensivepower sometimes... I am not saying that you hit higher numbers with having Concentration compared to being full Mara... but what is happening is that with having all this extra Stabi/protection/fury/might/quickness/resolution/yada yada... your build becomes more opressive and you can stay on the offense for longer... 

For example i am rocking a Sicemsoulbeast in WvW. I am playing with 2 big Divinerpieces (chest and amulet) and rune of Durability. This alone is more than 30% Boonduration....more than 30% longer and stronger defensive utilityskills!!! do you know what ive lost? 5,6% critchance.....! Now i take "we heal as one";Dolyakstance; "protect me"; "Strength of the pack"(basicly all utilityskills that scale with concentration)... and all of a sudden i can keep multiple stacks of stability on me for almost 20 seconds.... while also having permanent protection/swiftness/fury/yada yada.... Simply having the protection... is making me 33% more resistant to power AND conditiondamage....permanently.

I lost exactly 5,6% crit chance and 1400 hp compared to being full mara...but suddenly i have reached the point where i can keep important boons on me permanently. That is a nobrainer on alot of builds. I even have the same ammout of power and ferocity than before....i still have the potential to hit the same numbers... sometimes even more, because of might... and you know what??? simply having fury(+20%critchance) permanently is more value than the 5%critchance that i have lost...  i guess you see where i am going with this! Alot of the WvW problems originate from Concentration being too accessible / too valuable and that they directly scale the potency of defensive utilityskills and traits.

Tldr: Concentration should not be as potent as it currently is. There needs to be a bigger tradeoff in Damage when you swap pieces like marauder for Divinerpieces, because in competetive modes,unlike Pve-Content, where combat is more than "how much damage can i do in X time" having the extra boons often outweighs the stats that you lost compared to being full mara. The easiest way to achieve this is to change the value of Concentration from 15=1% to 21=1%.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

they should not scrap Boonsharing.... 

Imo all they need to do is shave Concentrations performance from 15stats=1% to 21 stats=1%.   this simply tones down boons a tiny bit. 

we can go from there and see if its enough.

From my experience what makes WvW combat feel sluggish at times is, that almost everyone is rocking Concentration as a minor stat.... be it, Diviner,Celestial,Minstrel, or whatever...  Concentration scales the value of utilityskills or things like the Harbingerultimate WAYYY to much. When you are rocking Celestial for example you get 40% more value out of your Harbinger ultimate... simply because it lasts 40% longer... THAT IS HUUGE! Some defenseutilityskills simply give important boons, and Concentration directly scales how effective these defenseutilityskills are. 

Concentration simply has too much value in a game that evolves mainly around having boons. For example if you play a full power build lets say Marauder... you have the option to swap some pieces with diviner. On paper you are trading damage for more boons.... well... that is actually not true in alot of cases. Having the few extra might/quickness/fury, will actually result in a build that has more offensivepower sometimes... I am not saying that you hit higher numbers with having Concentration compared to being full Mara... but what is happening is that with having all this extra Stabi/protection/fury/might/quickness/resolution/yada yada... your build becomes more opressive and you can stay on the offense for longer... 

For example i am rocking a Sicemsoulbeast in WvW. I am playing with 2 big Divinerpieces and rune of Durability. This alone is almost 30% more Boons. Now i take "we heal as one";Dolyakstance; "protect me"; "Strength of the pack"... and all of a sudden i can keep multiple stacks of stability on me for almost 20 seconds.... while also having permanent protection/swiftness/fury/yada yada.... Simply having the protection... is making me 33% more resistant to power AND conditiondamage....

I lost about 5% crit damage.... but suddenly i p00p boons like theres no tomorrow. That is a nobrainer on alot of builds.

Tldr: Concentration should not be as potent as it currently is.

Fair enough. You've convinced me with actual evidence and arguments, boon sharing can stay. And yes, I agree, concentration is a massive problem. It's one of the major reasons why these zergs are so prevalent. With such boon-heavy zergs, they become juggernauts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

its pretty simple to me. one guy who had no idea what he was doing came along and buffed healing. and then probably a different guy (who also has no idea what he is doing) nerfs damage a few times in some wrong places and bam. you get this dog poop stand on top of each other and pew pew gameplay.

i still play cuz its fun. but my hopes are as low as ever for this game. alliances in june? no. they woulda said it. they will continue to adjust numbers up and down by 5% and keep old traits that nobody takes in the game because none of them play it. they are just designing skins and pve encounters. 99% of the company is doing only that 

• Like 1