[Probably solved] Can't get repeatable rewards on my main character from Tsuko Talonedge Hero Challenge every day [Merged]

13 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

The repeat reward is once a day per account so this is expected..

I can't get reward any day with my main character.
Then I try it on my other character and it works.

Edited by Mantrix.8329
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Lux.1308 changed the title to [Probably solved] Can't get repeatable rewards on my main character from Tsuko Talonedge Hero Challenge every day since the 22-05-31 patch
  • Lux.1308 changed the title to [Probably solved] Can't get repeatable rewards on my main character from Tsuko Talonedge Hero Challenge every day
On 6/3/2022 at 3:45 PM, Mantrix.8329 said:

Can't get repeatable rewards from Tsuko Talonedge Hero Challenge every day. 

Not sure if it was fixed with the June 7th update, but if it wasn't and you encounter it again, just move the character that experienced the bug out of Arborstone into another zone before logging out. That should properly reset the daily counter the next day and "fix" the bugged character/account.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

This is still happening. After days of not even doing it. Switching to either character of the two I have and the rewards don't pop. It's been days since I done it. Same issue. I am surprised this has not been fixed after all these months. Didn't use to be like this.

So now there two issues. Either you have to switch characters. Or now it doesnt matter which two I choose and the rewards just don't pop.

Regardless if you move your character out of arborstone the bug still there even after daily reset. And or it eventually comes back at some point in time.

Edited by EchoUniverse.9486

• 3 weeks later...

This has happened the last 2 days. I have my main parked there and have gotten the reward everyday without leaving the area, except for the last 2 days. One day a few weeks ago I also didn't get it, but I figured that was an isolated event.

Maybe I'll try a different character. I haven't done the zones with another yet (too boring), but I can use the portal scroll I guess.

Happens to me too on my main. Since a week or so, don't get any rewards.
I played on another map yesterday and logged of there. Now today going to Arborstone with the portalscroll and doing the hero challenge, I still don't get any rewards...
Going there with another character via portal scroll worked for today but I really want to park a char there, not switch every other day...

On 10/30/2022 at 5:10 AM, nath.6403 said:

Happens to me too on my main. Since a week or so, don't get any rewards.
I played on another map yesterday and logged of there. Now today going to Arborstone with the portalscroll and doing the hero challenge, I still don't get any rewards...
Going there with another character via portal scroll worked for today but I really want to park a char there, not switch every other day...

It's pretty bad. I made a bug report. Cause no matter how long I stay out of Arborstone for days and weeks with the two characters I have it now never resets the Hero Challenge.  So now I don't get anything from it there. I just do the other two in the other two maps.  At least them two other ones work. Just the one in Arborstone is completely bug out with no rewards at all.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As title, doing the fight HP in Arborstone doesn't give the reward for repeating it daily. I've only noticed this happening every so often, it's not every time.

Today I did it on Holosmith, no reward. I thought it may have been the transformation into Holo forge that does it. Repeated on Mechanist. Still no reward. Went in on a character that didn't have the HP yet and received the reward.

• Like 1

I think I may have read somewhere (probably patch notes) that they made it so that hero point wasn't endlessly repeatable, possibly because people were using it as a quick way to get EOD materials. They also did the same thing to that jp chest in New Kaineng where people could park alts and every alt on the account could open it once a day.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

I think I may have read somewhere (probably patch notes) that they made it so that hero point wasn't endlessly repeatable, possibly because people were using it as a quick way to get EOD materials. They also did the same thing to that jp chest in New Kaineng where people could park alts and every alt on the account could open it once a day.

If you note in my second comment that I *repeated* it on my Tempest. I was able to get the rewards then. 

Repeated it on my Tempest first today. Didn't receive reward. Went in with Holosmith, received reward. The HP was already unlocked on both characters.

Looks like it's the first time you complete it on the account per day it bugs and doesn't give you the reward. Would be really nice to get a fix.

It is not a bug, you are just hitting Diminishing returns, which prevents you from farming a single event all over again on the same character. You need to use the character in other map and do other activities (or simply not use that character for some time) before you can get rewards again.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

Edited by Sime.3681
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sime.3681 said:

It is not a bug, you are just hitting Diminishing returns, which prevents you from farming a single event all over again on the same character. You need to use the character in other map and do other activities (or simply not use that character for some time) before you can get rewards again.

Hitting a HP once a day on one character that I *do* use in other places is not going to cause DR. It doesn't happen for any other fight HP, just arborstone. 

And, as mentioned above - twice, it's given on the second character that repeats it, regardless of which character it is.

It's not also giving *less* reward, it's giving NO reward.

Edited by Mrs Lana.2506

Tried to find the patch notes addressing what I mentioned but couldn't find it. I did however find some info via other sources of information. According to this site: https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/alt-parking/arborstone-hp it's one per day per account.  And according to the official wiki, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Kestrel_master,_Tsuko_Talonedge, it's once per day on repeat, but that isn't especially clear as to what it means, especially since you've mentioned you've repeated it on characters who have done the hp before on different days with varying results. The best I can offer is that it's possible, if you can indeed still repeat it daily on more than one character per account who have already unlocked it, it could be a matter of timing/a soft reset kind of thing. I have a character parked at the jp in Southsun Cove, and if it hasn't been long enough since I opened it last the chest doesn't always reset, and if I check again later then I can open it again. However, if I do it the same time every day, there's never any issue. Try doing it at the same time on one character for a few days and see if that fixes the issue. 

• Confused 1

I've been hit with this.  Started last week.  I'd had no problems before with a character parked in Arborstone (simply not playing this character otherwise right now), but now when I attempt the challenge, I only get the "Event succeeded" popup and no rewards at all.

Guess I'll try logging out elsewhere/not EoD and/or another character.

Posted just to point out it is *still* an issue.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:21 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Or...you are experiencing DR with the character that didn't leave the area. 

It is exactly this. People are trying to farm the Arborstone HP for rewards on a single character and are getting hit by the Diminishing returns. It is not a bug, it's there to prevent people from repeatedly farming a single event. You need to move the character out of Arborstone and do another activity or event.

Edited by Sime.3681
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to [Probably solved] Can't get repeatable rewards on my main character from Tsuko Talonedge Hero Challenge every day [Merged]
20 hours ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

Tried to find the patch notes addressing what I mentioned but couldn't find it. I did however find some info via other sources of information. According to this site: https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/alt-parking/arborstone-hp it's one per day per account.  And according to the official wiki, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Kestrel_master,_Tsuko_Talonedge, it's once per day on repeat, but that isn't especially clear as to what it means, especially since you've mentioned you've repeated it on characters who have done the hp before on different days with varying results. The best I can offer is that it's possible, if you can indeed still repeat it daily on more than one character per account who have already unlocked it, it could be a matter of timing/a soft reset kind of thing. I have a character parked at the jp in Southsun Cove, and if it hasn't been long enough since I opened it last the chest doesn't always reset, and if I check again later then I can open it again. However, if I do it the same time every day, there's never any issue. Try doing it at the same time on one character for a few days and see if that fixes the issue. 

Mate. "As title, doing the fight HP in Arborstone doesn't give the reward for repeating it daily." First post I made, implying I'm only *doing* it once a day. I **know** the reward is only once a day. The problem is it's not giving it when it **should** be. I've tried everything I can and posted results. 

@Sime.3681it is *not* diminishing returns. I've played this game for over a literal decade. I know what diminishing returns is. I know how diminishing returns affects an account. I know when it kicks in. I know there's a wiki page on it. No I do not need it linked to me again. **Yes** I use the character elsewhere - daily - for possibly hours at a time. And if you *must* know I only did this HP on the Holosmith **once** before it bugged, and **once** for the Tempest before it bugged. I'm not in the habit of lying about my gameplay in order to imply a bug where there is none, so please stop implying that I am. It is not diminishing returns.

• Confused 1