You can turn DE meta into a loot train now

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing "hardmode" about that story journal fight.

Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak are content that are not linked in any way to the story .

That kind of content you should asked to be created to be "challenging" . While the rest  of the people can avoid it if they want

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DaFishBob.6518 said:

Answer the question: any traits in other games that will kitten you if you don't actively make use of it like this one?

Why would you pick something and then complain that you need to use them in order for them to work? What is this weird idea even supposed to be? By that logic any skill you put on your skill bar -apart from signets- makes you weaker, because it doesn't make you stronger unless you use them how they're meant to be used. geee, how did you even come up with this werid pseudo-argument is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Cleaning Ire/TT are content that are not linked in any way to the story .

That kind of content you should asked to be created to be "challenging" . While the ret can avoid it if they want

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about here. Make sure to launch your story journal and follow the green markers. Until then, I'll just ignore you the same way you're ignoring what you're quoting, cheers 🙋‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

You seem to misunderstand the quote. It is just like Dragons Stand. You experience the story fight in your story instance. The meta event is not part of the story content. Of course in Open World they tell a story and the quote is of course correct, but the meta event is not part of your story journal. 

Devs apparently disagree with you, or they would not call it a story finale.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You;re trying to misdirect the discussion by trying to pretend story content (as opposed to Story Content) is somehow limited to Story Journal and does not happen outside of it. You're wrong, of course. One good example would be dungeon story paths - notice how they're not part of the Journal either. They may not be part of personal story, but are very much a story content.

And so it happens, that (again, by devs' offficial statement, which you keep ignoring, because it flies in the face of your claims) DE meta is part of the story. And not a minor one, but a very, very important part - the story finale.

Just like killthehealersffs, open your story journal, launch the story and follow the green markers. The fact that you need that simple fact pointed out after playing this game for years is just... quite unbelievable, but oh well.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about him. Make sure to launch your story journal and follow the green markers. Until then, I'll just ignore you the same way you're ignoring what you're quoting, cheers 🙋‍♂️

What is has nothing to do ?

You said that the meta is not part of the story .

I am telling you that the devs said otherwise .

If you want OW chalenging content , it can be created like Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak , were people can avoid and you can have your content .

It's so simply

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

Devs apparently disagree with you, or they would not call it a story finale.

No they don’t disagree with me. Or did they state that the meta event is part of your Story Journal? Last time I checked I couldn’t find it there. 
Again, of course they tell a story in Open World and in events but just like in Dragons Stand or the new strike missions you experience the story version during your personal story in instances. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

What is has nothing to do ?

You said that the meta is not part of the story .

I am telling you that the devs said otherwise .

If you want OW chalenging content , it can be created like Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak , were people can avoid and you can have your content .

It's so simply

You can just avoid the DE meta if it is too challenging for you, it is completely optional. You experience the story fight in your personal story. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Just like killthehealersffs, open your story journal, launch the story and follow the green markers. The fact that you need that simple fact pointed out after playing this game for years is just... quite unbelievable, but oh well.

The fact that after 10 years you still haven't noticed that this game's story covers much more than just persona story content from Journal is even more unbelievable.

If you want to ignore official dev statement about DE being important part of the story, feel free to do so. Just be aware that it is nothing more than willful denial of reality.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

You can just avoid the DE meta if it is too challenging for you, it is completely optional. You experience the story fight in your personal story. 

Of we can go in the devs blogpost , that saying that the meta is a accumulation of 10 story .

If you want "hardcore stuff" , then ask to created content like Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak .

Not something part of the "main story"

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The fact that after 10 years you still haven't noticed that this game's story covers much more than just persona story content from Journal is even more unbelievable.

If you want to ignore official dev statement about DE being important part of the story, feel free to do so. Just be aware that it is nothing more than willful denial of reality.

So when you don't take part in "The only one" story step and instead just complete the DE meta event, does it progress you story to the next -final- step which is "the cycle, reborn"? No? Then it's not part of the story. It really is that simple.

Just because you can replay the story content in their own group-oriented versions in open world or strike mission, does not mean these OW/SM events are story content. Again, this really shouldn't be that hard to understand for someone who's playing this game for so long. Finishing story content has nothing to do with participating in that meta event. 

Open that story journal and follow the green markers 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why would you pick something and then complain that you need to use them in order for them to work? What is this weird idea even supposed to be? By that logic any skill you put on your skill bar -apart from signets- makes you weaker, because it doesn't make you stronger unless you use them how they're meant to be used. geee, how did you even come up with this werid pseudo-argument is beyond me.

No skill put on the bar will reduce your stats from base. Choosing other traits besides the certain few in this game with tradeoffs will not make your stats lower. And I just want to know if other games have this kind of trait that lowers your stats below your base if you make the wrong choice. I'm not making an argument though with that last post, I'm just asking you to show me and I'll shut up.

• Confused 2

So when you don't take part in "The only one" story step and instead just complete the DE meta event, does it progress you story to the next -final- step which is "the cycle, reborn"? No? Then it's not part of the story. It really is that simple.

But it expands the story , from a different angle , without being  forced to complete it

If you want "hardcore stuff" , then ask to created content like Cleaning Ire/TT/Chak .

We dont have problems they exist . And we can avoid it

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

No they don’t disagree with me. Or did they state that the meta event is part of your Story Journal? Last time I checked I couldn’t find it there. 

It's just you and Sobx that are trying to limit the story to Story Journal, as if important elements of GW2's storyline (like dungeon story paths) can't happen anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Again, of course they tell a story in Open World and in events but just like in Dragons Stand or the new strike missions you experience the story version during your personal story in instances. 

And yet they did not call the personal story to be the finale. They gave that description to the meta.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

And just as a reminder: that's EXACTLY the point here.

That the Soo won is part of the story , from different angle + you are not forced to do it based on a quest

Its not a OW to make people to get gud or join raids

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DaFishBob.6518 said:

No skill put on the bar will reduce your stats from base. Choosing other traits besides the certain few in this game with tradeoffs will not make your stats lower. And I just want to know if other games have this kind of trait that lowers your stats below your base if you make the wrong choice. I'm not making an argument though with that last post, I'm just asking you to show me and I'll shut up.

Read what you pick. If you want something to have a completely passive effect, pick the effects that are completely passive. It doesn't mean that "the active choice makes you weaker", it only means that for some reason you feel the need to be edgy (or maybe just contrarian?) and refuse to use what you've picked. 🙄

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

Now I'm curious.

For what content did you need a build dealing medium to high DPS in OW?

This is an open question! I'm happy about anyone answering! 

I didnt respond toa point about needing a build that does medium to high damage in OW. You said, essentially, that one would have a good time playing whatever build one might want in OW and story. I am a ranger main and generally do not play what I would prefer, a longbow sniper/trapper build, in OW and story in GW2 because It does not provide a good time. So I settle for other, second choice, build options.

<pardon the paraphrasing rather than quoting, my forum-fu is not very good on my phone>

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Ah and about this strawman: whenever story journal covers open world events or activities, it's clearly marked by the green markers and you need to complete them to move forward in the story. Meanwhile the OW DE meta does nothing like that. So by what logic exactly do you think one is related to the other here? 🤦‍♂️

As I said: open the story journal and follow the markers if for some reason you think playing the meta event is the equivalent of playing the story content. It just isn't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's just you and Sobx that are trying to limit the story to Story Journal, as if important elements of GW2's storyline (like dungeon story paths) can't happen anywhere else.

And yet they did not call the personal story to be the finale. They gave that description to the meta.

And again, maybe you will understand it this time, there is your personal story where you experience the story of the game and all the important fights. And then there is the Open World, of course they tell a story there as well. An Open World without any story would be very boring. 
It’s the same in Dragons Stand and in Dragons End, so it is not even a new concept. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Ah and about this strawman: whenever story journal covers open world events or activities, it's clearly marked by the green markers and you need to complete them to move forward in the story. Meanwhile the OW DE meta does nothing like that. So how do you think one is related to the other here? 🤦‍♂️

Because Devs themselves said that it is the story finale. If you disagree, go argue with them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Because Devs themselves said that it is the story finale. If you disagree, go argue with them.

Ah and about this strawman: whenever story journal covers open world events or activities, it's clearly marked by the green markers and you need to complete them to move forward in the story. Meanwhile the OW DE meta does nothing like that. So by what logic exactly do you think one is related to the other here? 🤦‍♂️

As I said: open the story journal and follow the markers if for some reason you think playing the meta event is the equivalent of playing the story content. It just isn't. Go argue with your green markers in your own story journal. Or try progressing the story to "cycle reborn" without going through "the only one", but instead just spamming DE meta over and over again. Hope you'll come back with the results. Not that the results aren't obivous, since DE meta event isn't story content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

As I said: open the story journal and follow the markers if for some reason you think playing the meta event is the equivalent of playing the story content. It just isn't. Go argue with your green markers in your own story journal. 😴

Again, if you think that devs marked that event wrong for what they said they intended this event to be, go argue with them. Until you win that argument, i'll go with their opinion, not yours.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2