PvP is at its worst

7 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

A spellbreaker can completely lock down a harb.

yeah, good luck with that😂 Welcome to my magical world of playing "Aristocracy-Weaknessspam-Harbi". I will await your Noodle damage.

Harbi has some pretty tense mobility if played with atleast 3 or more braincells. Good luck finding a opening between all my teleports and Aoe Weaknessvomit. I have yet to loose against a Spellbreaker! Its just my third dayy playing this monstrosity that you guys call harbinger. The only thing that could beat me so far are: 1 Deadeye in WvW that permastealth danced around me for 2 minutes. I have lost a fight against a Willbender yesterday, and a single Holo that won 1 out of 20+ Duells.....    I have not died in any other situation that did not include the enemy outnumbering me. Something that came close was a Cele Virtuoso... but that is about it folks.

The weakness vomit basicly counters everything power....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

Harb has very few cc breaks. It's not difficult to lock them down.

They have the standard, at least 2.

It is very hard to "lock them down".

I'm sure being swarmed by a whole is effective against anything 

But, feel free to elaborate on how easy they are to lock down and the methods to accomplish this.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:50 AM, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

Wtf has happened to this game. PvP is the most kittenous thing ever these days. Just ran into a team that each person had 3 stun abilities of different forms. Literally couldnt leave spawn. There is 0 balance these days and the game has gone to kitten. I'm honestly about done, havn't uninstalled for years, but it just feels like there is no point in playing half the classes as everyone spams the same crap in PvP.

No need to waste your time. We play games for fun, right? Not to be frustrated. Uninstall, I already did.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2022 at 5:23 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

Have you seen the pvp forums? It's been at its worst ever since the pvp players all left the game essentially, years and years ago. 

Well I think what's happened and has been happening since 2017-18. . .is that there is a strong core of players. . .not necesarily the BEST but they are familiar. There's been a noticiable GAP in players. And then there's everyone else.

The middle ground of PvP did not leave long LOOOONG ago. It was eroded. And it's impossible to build back.

This is why even though I haven't played in over a year or just about maybe? I don't know. . .can't remember the last time I logged in.

I already know it's a blowout one way or the other. And the, "Good", game where players are equally familiar with each other. . .is the exception. Been this way for a LONG time.  It's just how PVP is anymore and it is never EVER going to get better. I'm pretty sure Anet doesn't make any real money on PVP. . .I could be wrong but. . .I'm almost positive they do not. WHICH is why we've never been able to get solid consistent support for it. Taking a guess though.

On 6/12/2022 at 6:19 PM, SciFiBotanist.3790 said:

Well I think what's happened and has been happening since 2017-18. . .is that there is a strong core of players. . .not necesarily the BEST but they are familiar. There's been a noticiable GAP in players. And then there's everyone else.

The middle ground of PvP did not leave long LOOOONG ago. It was eroded. And it's impossible to build back.

This is why even though I haven't played in over a year or just about maybe? I don't know. . .can't remember the last time I logged in.

I already know it's a blowout one way or the other. And the, "Good", game where players are equally familiar with each other. . .is the exception. Been this way for a LONG time.  It's just how PVP is anymore and it is never EVER going to get better. I'm pretty sure Anet doesn't make any real money on PVP. . .I could be wrong but. . .I'm almost positive they do not. WHICH is why we've never been able to get solid consistent support for it. Taking a guess though.

Yeah, just heard that awhile back the entire pvp e-sports scene just up and left this game once they'd realised Anet's given up on spvp. My own personal experiences was I played pvp at launch (it was a blast, so much less afk people, less bots, less cheating to manipulate the wins, though I think that is also just due to the game mode not being dead and having the pvp lobby zone be full of players and que's instant ect) and played now, the difference is honestly insane. (I had quit the game for many years). 

So going from what felt now like glory days, to this game mode being as dead as it is with classes extremely unbalanced with pretty much the exact same maps as back then and same game mode as there is no new content. With so few players doing it the best way to play is to give yourself wins by making the other side lose. I'll always miss launch gw2 pvp. 

Edited by Gorem.8104

• 3 months later...
On 6/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

Wtf has happened to this game. PvP is the most kittenous thing ever these days. Just ran into a team that each person had 3 stun abilities of different forms. Literally couldnt leave spawn. There is 0 balance these days and the game has gone to kitten. I'm honestly about done, havn't uninstalled for years, but it just feels like there is no point in playing half the classes as everyone spams the same crap in PvP.

Agreed.

All the stuns, knock downs, roots, etc just make for bad PvP, especially when you're allowing ranged classes to have super high DPS from distance.  It has gotten to the point, clicking anything on your action tray no longer works because your action  tray is constantly refreshing from some form of interrupt.  Toss in the fact, the developers have given some classes long-term invincibility and you truly just wanna stop playing.  I left the game once for months and afraid if I back out again, I probably won't come back.  Apparently the developers do not read the forums and thus do not care what those who are actually playing their broken content, thinks.

I logged out after seeing a player run around in WvW, immune to all damage forever and at lease 12 other players were all attacking this one players.  This player just danced around, taking everything thrown at them and the whole time I'm looking at their health...  Nothing...  Not even a scratch.  What put the icing on the cake is when this player started one hit killing everybody.  I have over 32k health and stack toughness but only had 5 percent health left after one hit by this God Mode player.  A lot of players are starting to God Mode....like too many now.  You don't even need a large Zerg to take over an entire map in WvW.  Just a small team of God Mode players and they can't be stopped.  None of these God Mode players are Necros (no surprise there because Necro class can't do it...it's the worst).

Guildwars 2 has the absolutely worst balance PvP ever made!  It's not even PvP anymore if you're going to allow players to have super defense, super dps, super speed, super everything all rolled into one class.  Why does every class seem the same now?  Seriously, the developers gave things that should have been a gem for one class to other classes and as a result, they all kind of look the same...except for the obvious 'OP' status of some classes.

Just no creativity at all, garbage.  Even Warcraft was better off in the PvP department...as broken as it was.

Edited by Horace.3184
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Horace.3184 said:

Agreed.

All the stuns, knock downs, roots, etc just make for bad PvP, especially when you're allowing ranged classes to have super high DPS from distance.  It has gotten to the point, clicking anything on your action tray no longer works because your action  tray is constantly refreshing from some form of interrupt.  Toss in the fact, the developers have given some classes long-term invincibility and you truly just wanna stop playing.  I left the game once for months and afraid if I back out again, I probably won't come back.  Apparently the developers do not read the forums and thus do not care what those who are actually playing their broken content, thinks.

I logged out after seeing a player run around in WvW, immune to all damage forever and at lease 12 other players were all attacking this one players.  This player just danced around, taking everything thrown at them and the whole time I'm looking at their health...  Nothing...  Not even a scratch.  What put the icing on the cake is when this player started one hit killing everybody.  I have over 32k health and stack toughness but only had 5 percent health left after one hit by this God Mode player.  A lot of players are starting to God Mode....like too many now.  You don't even need a large Zerg to take over an entire map in WvW.  Just a small team of God Mode players and they can't be stopped.  None of these God Mode players are Necros (no surprise there because Necro class can't do it...it's the worst).

Guildwars 2 has the absolutely worst balance PvP ever made!  It's not even PvP anymore if you're going to allow players to have super defense, super dps, super speed, super everything all rolled into one class.  Why does every class seem the same now?  Seriously, the developers gave things that should have been a gem for one class to other classes and as a result, they all kind of look the same...except for the obvious 'OP' status of some classes.

Just no creativity at all, garbage.  Even Warcraft was better off in the PvP department...as broken as it was.

what did i just read...

🤢clicking🤢 anything on your action tray no longer works because your action  tray is constantly refreshing  

And here comes the glorious, based, opinion of a "mouseclicker"....  

, immune to all damage forever and at lease 12 other players were all attacking this one players.  This player just danced around, taking everything thrown at them and the whole time I'm looking at their health...  Nothing...  Not even a scratch.  What put the icing on the cake is when this player started one hit killing everybody.  <----- your either lying... or he had projectilereflects up and those 12 people were shooting projectiles at him.....  And then you keep on lying about damagehacks.... which straight up dont exist.

I have over 32k health and stack toughness but only had 5 percent health left after one hit by this God Mode player.

like... what!?!? why would anyone with a brain stack toughness.... are you playing soldierstats!? what is going on?  Also i do not belive you that this player did 30k+ damage to you in 1 hit. That is literally not possible.

You are lying, overexxagerating, and you have straight up no clue.  I am sorry but this is just 🤢  You keep posting some "made-up" stories from WvW to tell people how bad pvp is... i sincerely have no clue what is going on here....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Horace.3184 said:

Did you get trolled by Fastcar or something? 

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267