Shortbow ambush attack, change this please!

Erkki.9145

the shortbow ambush attack needs to be changed to not be  ground targeted. I think I've never hit with the attack. I'm never prepared to aim the autoattack when suddenly the ambush skill is available and shot to the wall or something. 

Also the projectile and the cast time is too slow.

what do you think?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I agree it should be changed,  I had to turn on locking of ground targets to current target, but even still it is kinda janky.  It shoots 3 projectiles with a weird spread.  They need to all be closer to the target, have a faster travel speed.  or just shoot 1 projectile with a faster travel speed and larger explosion, maybe even a poison combo field?  It needs to be improved either way.

• Like 3

Unplayed does not need the ambush thingy, it is gimmicky and provides nothing to the player other than forcing the goo swap, more unnecessary and unrewarding button twitching. It was a mistake in current iteration. 

it would be simply better if the ambush thing would be available  when the pet land a CC and provide different effects.
And would be supercool if the pets would also have their version of those ambushes which triggered when the Unplayed landed a CC. That would be a good implementation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Unplayed does not need the ambush thingy, it is gimmicky and provides nothing to the player other than forcing the goo swap, more unnecessary and unrewarding button twitching. It was a mistake in current iteration. 

it would be simply better if the ambush thing would be available  when the pet land a CC and provide different effects.
And would be supercool if the pets would also have their version of those ambushes which triggered when the Unplayed landed a CC. That would be a good implementation. 

Man, if you thought ancient seeds was bad...

Seriously, since you have full control of pets I can think of four CC's to land back to back with just them, that's four ambushes in a row 😂.

Then can practically stunlock someone if you play hammer / gs right (esp. with the CC's from the cantrips)--so pet would be firing off 3-4 ambushes of its own.

How would they balance this? Oh ya...put a CD on it like it is now with unleashed swap...

EDIT: For topic, I have no idea why shortbow ambush just doesn't work like spearguns.  Just another spread attack like poison volley already is, but do whatever with it.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267