Dungeon Token Change broke vendor for some old accounts [Merged]

Somewhat of an update for me!

background: I have 2 weeks new acc (core), dungeon master title, finished all story + explorable mode,  got 13700 tokens, completed dungeon frequenter 16 times (that is 128 dungeons in total, usually all 3 paths in a row). I have checked the npc daily and it has not worked. 

but today arah vendor is okay selling me the lowest tier exotics (hand/mantle/head/foot). I have done arah story (once) + exp modes 6 times (2 times of each). all the other vendors are broken for me, even though I've done AC probably 30 times now (all paths).

Edited by onisusa.7208
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, onisusa.7208 said:

Somewhat of an update for me!

background: I have 2 weeks new acc (core), dungeon master title, finished all story + explorable mode,  got 13700 tokens, completed dungeon frequenter 16 times (that is 128 dungeons in total, usually all 3 paths in a row). I have checked the npc daily and it has not worked. 

but today arah vendor is okay selling me the lowest tier exotics (hand/mantle/head/foot). I have done arah story (once) + exp modes 6 times (2 times of each). all the other vendors are broken for me, even though I've done AC probably 30 times now (all paths).

That is really interesting. Everything is still the same for me, but it's nice to hear somewhat of an update!

On 7/1/2022 at 5:39 AM, BvAInvest.5642 said:

I have the same issue. Sent a ticket to only support and reported the bug ingame. Waiting to see if anything comes from this... really frustrating that the gifts are the only things missing to craft my legendaries after finally finishing my map completion...

Same here bro, I've been waiting for a fix for weeks now 😢

Kitty's also ran into this issue this week on an alt account she's mostly used for raiding. Can't buy anything requiring explorables despite of having done enough explorables in 2 different dungeons (AC and CoE, 6 explorables per dungeon just for the sake of trying to figure out how the bug exactly works).
Though randomly, the NPC is selling Sorrow's Embrace rare armors due to having done the story there at some point in the past pre-patch. And rare armors for AC as well after completing its story yesterday (AC rare armors have been the only thing that's become unlocked during this whole time). But still, dungeon-specifc exotic armors are fully locked.

Things Kitty's tested now:
-In Crucible of Eternity: 3 explorable paths, story mode, 3 explorable paths - didn't work.
-In Ascalonian Catacombs: story mode, 6 explorable paths - didn't work.

So, it seems like it isn't opening the dungeon-specific stuffs at all, doesn't seem to recognize having completed the paths. Not even story modes for the exotic dungeon armors.

Update: Kitty now checked another account that had used tokens from the voucher for most dungeons due to crafting legendaries and on that particular account, most stuffs are unlocked as they should according to how the patch was worded...but the NPC isn't selling rare armors for AC even though it is selling rares and exotics for pretty much all the other dungeons, including exotics for AC. O_o So, the system is kinda totally inconsistent atm.

Edited by LadyKitty.6120
Added information.
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LadyKitty.6120 said:

Kitty's also ran into this issue this week on an alt account she's mostly used for raiding. Can't buy anything requiring explorables despite of having done enough explorables in 2 different dungeons (AC and CoE, 6 explorables per dungeon just for the sake of trying to figure out how the bug exactly works).
Though randomly, the NPC is selling Sorrow's Embrace rare armors due to having done the story there at some point in the past pre-patch. And rare armors for AC as well after completing its story yesterday (AC rare armors have been the only thing that's become unlocked during this whole time). But still, dungeon-specifc exotic armors are fully locked.

Things Kitty's tested now:
-In Crucible of Eternity: 3 explorable paths, story mode, 3 explorable paths - didn't work.
-In Ascalonian Catacombs: story mode, 6 explorable paths - didn't work.

So, it seems like it isn't opening the dungeon-specific stuffs at all, doesn't seem to recognize having completed the paths. Not even story modes for the exotic dungeon armors.

same here, I have done cof each path 3+ times but still nothing unlocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 1:01 PM, SandraSolace.7682 said:

Nitpicking here....

Did you mean 'if you can get an update"

( so sorry, it was just, I had to laugh so hard.)

"See if I can't" is actually a pretty standard and accepted phrase. Means exactly the same thing, just another way of saying it

But onto the matter at hand. I completed Ascalon Catacombs story + all paths 2 days ago, and then Twilight Arbor story + all paths just today. Old account (can't remember if Day 1, but certainly in first month), on a character that had it's 9th birthday like 2 months ago. Never did any dungeons on any of my characters before 2 days ago.

Thanks for the notice Rubi, I hope it's fixed soon, I'm wanting the Twilight Arbor armor skins!

Edited by Usagi.3875

On 7/10/2022 at 7:50 AM, Stwo.5721 said:

Is the dungeon vendor also gated behind the 4 day verification timer or am I also affected by the bug.

The verification limits have never limited access to dungeons in my memory or in anything I found on the wiki. So, I would say it's safe to presume you are also affected by the bug, if you're also the right level for a given dungeon (and access to Lion's Arch = IE at least level 35) and already run it those requisite number of times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 11:52 PM, Aerulight.7250 said:

My empathies to those still affected.

I helped a friend this past weekend, because he is affected and needed a specific set of Runes.

He thought playing through any path of the respective dungeon would unlock the item, but we then realized it had to be the story instance. So we had twice the "fun." 😉

Reporting this to give the devs a heads-up that this still isn't fix for some who were/are affected.

• Thanks 1

Update on the matter: Looks like it's now counting the dungeon runs properly again. However, if you had done the dungeon runs before the fix, you need to run again as still misses the explorables completed prior to the fix. Kinda super-annoying but gotta deal with it and somehow find squads for those runs apparently =.='