Dungeon Token Change broke vendor for some old accounts [Merged]

I can access everything (day one account, used to run multiple weekly dungeon events for my guild, so I've done all the story and exp paths dozens of times), yet my bf (got the game about 6 months after launch, did a bunch of those guild events with me) can't access anything. 

Make it make sense, ArenaNet. 

Edited by ArCoo.1580
formatting fix
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I have the same issue. When I reached out to Anet in a report ticket they suggested completing the explorable mode of the dungeon for currency I wish to spend so that I do not have to wait as long for the issue to be addressed. Sorry, I really don't feel like playing dungeons. I simply wanted to spend the currency I received with the update on some skins I still have not unlocked.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This seems like a complex bug. When i sent in a ticket they gave me the brush aside answer aswell. It seems their easiest solution is to simply unlock it for everybody. People need to earn the currency to spend it anyway and if you have tons of currency clearly you have done dungeons enough times to spend them. Seems like it was a dumb idea to do any form of restriction in the first place. Simply remove it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

HeyHello,

Prior to the new dungeon token update and changes I did the Catacombs of Ascalon story mode just to unlock the reward track. I'm trying to get the gift of ascalon, it's my last thing I need to get Bolt. Anyways, with the new update the vendor in lions arch won't let me buy anything and says "complete the explorable paths 5 times to unlock". Annoying but doable. So I did that - every explorable path and then path 1 and path 2. Doing this, plus the story mode should have unlocked the vendor no? Or is it every path 5 times? (little outrageous but fine I'll do it lol)

Now I'm stuck with 700 dungeon tokens, every other gift and item I need for my first legendary, and a locked vendor who holds the final piece. 

Help lol

Edited by AndrewCiali.7409

Just to add to data: everything was unlocked for me. I have dungeon master, 30 times on dungeon frequenter and have literaly had dreams where I've ran AC because ive done it so much with newbies. My account is old, made during beta testing, but my two oldest toons are from around HoTs launch. The toon i logged with was made same day hots launched and is the one i do dungeons on most of the time. 

• Haha 1

I've also encountered this issue and dropped in a note about it in-game through that support system after getting a (seemingly) automated ticket response through submitting online. That in mind;

For some weird reason, I've lost a lot of the dungeon achievements I had? I'm not sure if it refreshed because I did more of my runs in the early days before (I think) some of the achievements dropped, but even with that aside, I had enough runs that I still should have had the vendor unlocked. 

Admittedly a bit disappointed, but hoping for the best. :\

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you everyone for the continued additions to the data pool, both the happy happenstances and the oddities, and your astute observations, please keep them coming! At the very least we can have it all in one spot to ?maybe? help with the debugging on this which is very much needed. I am deeply sad to hear of some of very poor responses several of us have had from direct communication attempts with Anet. The amazing support team is what brought me to GW2, the amazing player base is why I stay. Since, I know better is possible from them, here's to cheering on Support and all the code magicians behind the scenes for their best efforts and a swift solution!  😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I really hope this massive issue gets fixed soon. I'm not looking forward to redoing dungeon paths to unlock stuff that I already had access to before. Some of us just don't have the time and/or energy to commit to something like this.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just chiming in to add that this bug happened to me too. I've finished Dungeon Frequenter 25 times, and Hobby Dungeon Explorer 55 times. I've also done Story mode and all the Explorable paths across my 5 mains, but none of them can purchase anything from the dungeon vendor, so something is definitely broken.

I don't need dungeon rewards with any urgency at the moment so I'm not exactly inconvenienced by this, but I do hope that ANet implements a solution for the many veterans it seems this has happened to.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm also locked after playing from the release and farming dungeons a lot when they were the actuel end game.

Support asking people to redo them when they should not is bad and new players forced is quite a tarrible thing too  (Detha ghosts trap not spawing is still a thing in AC run...)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I checked my main account with everything cleared and all armor/weapons unlocked, with a new character pretty much everything is locked. Didn't bother checking a character who I cleared stuff on (can't remember which one did what)

Checked my alt account, with just AC full clear and several stories done -- looks like the same stuff is locked. AC locked as well. Have tons of currency from WvW tracks, was going to buy some gifts to craft leggies on that account, but locked.

Looks like a bug that can be easily fixed - if you literally have one story achieve, based on the patch note -- everything should be unlocked.

If that's too hard, just unlock it for all current accounts, and then Steam accounts can get this new restriction. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, MrOmen.5809 said:

People need to earn the currency to spend it anyway and if you have tons of currency clearly you have done dungeons enough times to spend them.

WvW players could get the dungeon currency with the Dungeon Reward Tracks (when the dungeon was active in rotation) without ever playing the dungeon or they could unlock the specific dungeon reward track permanently with playing the story mode of that dungeon once.

That the dungeon vendor did not unlock everything for some old accounts, that have done the dungeons is clearly a bug that hopefully will be fixed.

But from now on new players that play mostly WvW will be f*ckd if they want to purchase in the future from the dungeon vendor legendary gifts and other items and that is contrary to Anets statement "with this update we're looking to simplify and standardize their rewards structure for a more satisfying experience."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Aerulight.7250 said:

Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement."
(emphasis added by me)

The wiki page says surprisingly "Players with dungeon currency earned prior to the game update do not have to complete that dungeon to unlock the permission to purchase items." in https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon_Merchant

I don't know if patch notes are wrong or the wiki. Usually Anet should know best how their game works.

15 hours ago, Aerulight.7250 said:

And yet, on an account that is as old as the game is, which has repeated each dungeon story mode and explorable path on multiple characters dozens of times (even getting all dungeon collections to 60+% if not already 100% complete) over the last decade... I suddenly now have no access to the items I did have access to mere hours ago prior to the patch. All items are now greyed out and the vendor is treating me like a new account, requiring 7 repeats of each dungeon to gain access to their wares. This should not be.

It is clearly a bug.  I have completed all story modes but only a few explorable paths of some dungeons and I have access to everything at the vendor.

Does the account, where the vendor has not unlocked the items, had old currency of that dungeon? Just in case if the wiki is right.

• Haha 1

Looks like the wiki is saying the same thing as the exception note in the patch notes, just in slightly different words. So the community that edits the wiki understood the same thing as all of us here had from what was written in the patch notes - we can thoroughly rule out the possibility that we 'misread' something in all this.

• Confused 1

• Here's a head scratcher for you: I have two accounts:

1. My main which was established in beta, has Dungeon Master- first tab in armor is accessible, but she cannot purchase legendary gifts or dungeon armor or dungeon weapons.
  2. My second account has barely completed any dungeons, but while first armor tab seems to be broken across all dungeons, she can purchase dungeon armor and legendary gifts.

One sore point for me is that I am sure that I am not the only player that has been collecting Tyrian Exchange Vouchers (in my case specifically to be able to make legendary manufacturing a tad easier), which would now be rendered semi-useless if I have to complete dungeons again on my main account, or if this is all set to rights and my second account loses access to legendary gifts. Personally, I don't have unlimited play-time, and what time I do have is generally spent trying to work forward towards a goal, so reading that Anet's attitude seems to be that we should do them all again has me shaking my Vial of Salt pretty hard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It said in the ingame message that we'd have to rerun the dungeons to re-enable the vendors.

But five explorable paths sounds too much in my opinion. The story modes should be enough to unlock the dungeon vendors.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 2