Not getting credit for killing holograms

Lord Rhett.9360

I've participated in a bunch of stampede events and noticed that I'm not getting credit for most hologram kills. Some people in map chat are saying there's a DPS check, but not a normal one, one that compares your dps relative to everyone else's DPS. That seems silly, but I've never had an issue with my character's DPS before. I don't do a ton, but I do enough, or so I thought.

Is that what's actually happening or is it some kind of bug?

• Haha 1

I'd like to know; it keeps happening to me. I'll try to tag as many holograms as I can and help to kill a lot of them - and I only get credit for three or four at the most. I thought it was just because I somehow wasn't doing enough DPS.

• Haha 1

It should actually be easier to get credit this year, but that may be for the event rather than each minion kill. From the update notes:

Festive Fixes

• Updated the Hologram Stampede to relax the participation required for rewards when many players are fighting a single generator's holograms.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've participated in about 4 stampedes so far this year, this year I'm only getting about 1/4 credit for participating. When you only get credit for the achievement of killing 1 minion in 4 events, find that difficult to reach that 300 goal.  Is there something I should be doing, should I relog the game?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Romana.5094 said:

I've participated in about 4 stampedes so far this year, this year I'm only getting about 1/4 credit for participating. When you only get credit for the achievement of killing 1 minion in 4 events, find that difficult to reach that 300 goal.  Is there something I should be doing, should I relog the game?

Do more damage bring aoe skills.

For the mob kills you could just do the dragon arena tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2022 at 2:01 PM, Romana.5094 said:

No, it's not just you.  For some reason I wasn't getting credit with a short bow, switched weapons to melee and plenty of aoe skills.  So it was kind of hit or miss, don't know if I just wasn't doing enough damage or if it's buggy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Have same issue here, I've switched to an axe/torch ranger with a decent aoe, I managed to get _some_ kills (got some drops), but with so many people zerging, apparently I never get enough participation (2nd phase was over even before I could get to one of the spawn points...). I don't have all the mounts unlocked so I can't move quickly between places...

Getting the Hologram Herder achievement seems impossible...

Edited by MolleaFauss.6078
  • Haha 1

I just had this happen to me this afternoon.  I will try my melee build and see if I can get credit that way.  I participated in all three rounds and got to lots of the areas and contributed (I thought). I was really surprised to get nothing at the end.

Update: I switched to my melee build and got participation when I tried again this evening,  so that seems to be the way to go for me.  Good luck everyone!

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Haha 1

Been happening to me since the start of the festival. I don't enjoy the activity as is with all the flashy nonsense people run around with and then to not get anything for it on top of that is extremely frustrating.

Also its not about dps, I have gotten credit on my level 27 character and then not gotten credit on my max level full exotics character. 

This has to be buggy. This is where ArenaNet could jump in and clear things up. If its not buggy and working as intended i would like to know for sure.

Edit: I think its tag based and perhaps a little bit dps based on each individual mob, so if you are setup for single target and focus veteran mob you might not get participation. Use as much aoe as possible or i guess switch target often if using single target.

Just my theory.

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have the same issue, I participated in 7 events now and only got rewarded for 3 of them. Its super annoying since I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I've been tagging mobs, getting gold on all the devices I participate in and do aoe dmg. I only have a raptor so I dont get around super quick but I usually clear 4 devices. Idk what to do about this, feels like such a waste of my time T_T

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Alieva.3741 said:

I have the same issue, I participated in 7 events now and only got rewarded for 3 of them. Its super annoying since I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I've been tagging mobs, getting gold on all the devices I participate in and do aoe dmg. I only have a raptor so I dont get around super quick but I usually clear 4 devices. Idk what to do about this, feels like such a waste of my time T_T

do you get gold on atleast one point on 2 out of 3 rounds?

• Haha 1

The first one I tried yesterday I didn't get any participation even though I was there for all 3 rounds and got to lots of the spots.  I was using my ranger with longbow.

I switched to my ranger melee build of axe/dagger and got credit in the next one I went to.  I get right in the middle of the mobs as soon as I get to a hologram.

I was able to complete the hologram herder achievement this afternoon by doing this. Got gold on 3 of the 4 stampedes I did today.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, Alieva.3741 said:

23 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

The first one I tried yesterday I didn't get any participation even though I was there for all 3 rounds and got to lots of the spots.  I was using my ranger with longbow.

I switched to my ranger melee build of axe/dagger and got credit in the next one I went to.  I get right in the middle of the mobs as soon as I get to a hologram.

I was able to complete the hologram herder achievement this afternoon by doing this. Got gold on 3 of the 4 stampedes I did today.

Its very weird for sure. When I was using longbow on my Ranger I'd sometimes get participation/achievements and sometimes not. I switched to using Untamed with hammer only and ever since switching I have gotten participation/achievements on every single stampede run. 

On 6/8/2022 at 3:55 AM, Lord Rhett.9360 said:

I've participated in a bunch of stampede events and noticed that I'm not getting credit for most hologram kills. Some people in map chat are saying there's a DPS check, but not a normal one, one that compares your dps relative to everyone else's DPS. That seems silly, but I've never had an issue with my character's DPS before. I don't do a ton, but I do enough, or so I thought.

Is that what's actually happening or is it some kind of bug?

Most likely. Yes, to get a kill credit there always was a percentage dps check in addition to a flat damage one. On boss mobs it's quite relaxed and easy to pass, but on small mobs it may be problematic to get if there's 20+ people trying to kill that one mob that dies to 3 hits.

Tried it a bit more and found that if I'm doing an event with a few people or alone, I can get full credit, but in a large group, most of the people there will get no credit. Sometimes I'll bring my raid build and DPS just the Veteran, and it still won't give me credit.

I think the "relaxed" requirements change got screwed up somehow and it's doing the opposite. Probably a bug. Until it's cleared up, best advice is to stay away from groups and do the projectors that have fewer people. And if you need hologram kills, do it in the arena. It's faster anyway.

• Like 2