Why is there still no way...

...to get Ascended-stat Trinkets with the new EoD stat combinations outside of Legendaries?

I mean, I've pored over the wiki, but couldn't find a way to get, say, an ascended backpack with Dragon's stats.

I'm happy to be corrected!

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

My guess is they're working on it. Though if what you say is true (I haven't looked into it because I have all but 2 legendary trinket slots), it does seem odd that they wouldn't include ascended versions of trinkets with the new stats.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They have to offer us something for the new Living World Season.

Seems right - HoT launched without access to ascended versions of the stats it added to the game - they were added first in raids but were behind time gated currencies or RNG - and then LW season 3 slowly added farmable methods over the first 3 episodes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, phantom.1675 said:

Seems right - HoT launched without access to ascended versions of the stats it added to the game - they were added first in raids but were behind time gated currencies or RNG - and then LW season 3 slowly added farmable methods over the first 3 episodes.

At that time they were still going with the approach of having limited choice of stats for most ascended sources. At some point shortly after PoF however they changed things to make most of stat-selectable stuff offer you a full set of stat choices depending only on what expansions you bought.

Not to mention, raids from the very beginning had immediate access to not only core stat choices, but also those from base expansions (as well as those from LS1 and LS2). There have been some issues with stat choices added in later LS chapters (like seraph), but those were just mistakes due to Anet having to add those stat choices manually to the selections.

It's sad to see them going back to the old and flawed design and giving up on solutions they designed to correct those very flaws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

...but those were just mistakes due to Anet having to add those stat choices manually to the selections.

To be honest, I suspect we're seeing the same thing in this scenario, but they've just not got around to fixing it.

At least I hope that's the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is, they can be earned via EoD Strikes and are bought with Green Prophet Shards at Zazzl in Arborstone (excluding Backpack).

It's just very convoluted, requiring the EoD Elite Spec weapon achievements as well as clearing the Harvest Temple Strike once for Accessories and Rings and twice for Amulets, on each given Profession and Character for the different Trinket sets - and appearing to be one time purchases after all that.

Beyond that, one of each new stat Accessory and Amulet can be earned via the EoD Story Act Mastery Achievements, as well as one selectable Ring. 

My guess is they want to incentivise the playing of this content for a while before eventually adding them to the general stat selectable pool.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They did this with every expansion. HoT didn't even have Ascended trinkets until LWS3, PoF had some of fixed stats but those same stats couldn't be selected on Ascended trinkets from LWS3 either.

Give it about a year from expansion release and we'll probably see EoD stats in older content.

My BIG gripe is that they're not selectable in WvW and PvP gear, when players who play the competitive game modes have no other way to get these stats in WvW! The whole point of those Reward Tracks is to not have to come to PvE and farm a bunch of gear, so its kind of underhanded to say the least.

Edited by Hannelore.8153